OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My DAK figures

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1modern - My DAK figures Empty My DAK figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:53 am

scalawag

scalawag
I have a great love of the Deutches Afrika Korps and so when I started to collect 1/6 it was logical that I would have some DAK figures in my collection.  My DAK figures are currently displayed in the 3 dioramas pictured here.

modern - My DAK figures Njdnd9b

modern - My DAK figures 6CYKGth

modern - My DAK figures HtPYVd3

Hope you enjoy looking at these figures.

#modern #military #ww2

2modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:57 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Holy awesome diorama background! Love it!
Love the figures and the vehicles!

3modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:00 am

scalawag

scalawag
Pontiacivan wrote:Holy awesome diorama background! Love it!
Love the figures and the vehicles!

Cheers mate. I got the backgrounds from a an online poster place. I just put "desert" into their search engine and these came up in the choices. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Glad you like them.

4modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:29 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice collection, and very nicely displayed. I also found it amusing that one of the dioramas is completely surrounded by Star Wars imperials, and that you wore camo pants to take the photos. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

5modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:50 am

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice collection, and very nicely displayed. I also found it amusing that one of the dioramas is completely surrounded by Star Wars imperials, and that you wore camo pants to take the photos. Smile

Yeah, I know what you mean lol.

There is stuff all over my house.  Did you catch the black series lightsaber blade behind the Kettenkrad? Very Happy Very Happy

I have several hobbies and like to have things out on display where I can so it gets a bit cramped and definitely a bit surreal at times Shocked Cool Cool Very Happy

If I am not at work then I am usually in Army surplus gear lol.  I find it good quality, reasonably priced and very comfortable to wear.  It is what you are most likely to find me wearing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy I collect a lot of gear, and find it helps with posing figures too. If you are familiar with the gear and how it feels to wear you can better understand what a soldier would be more likely to do whilst wearing it. I have 2 full sets of DAK style webbing for example, one set up for KAR 98K and the other for MP40.

I know, I know I'm mad Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

6modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:34 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There is certainly logic in what you say, and it is fitting. I never imagined you lounging around in a kimono anyway. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

7modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:39 am

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:There is certainly logic in what you say, and it is fitting. I never imagined you lounging around in a kimono anyway. Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing no thats definitely not me mate. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy

8modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:06 pm

ostfront43

ostfront43
You have a very diverse collection. Star Wars is awesome, DAK is very cool. The way you display your collection has me very envious. Having multiple interests that intertwine only makes it all the better to enjoy.

9modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:13 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Great set up and collection! And I’m with Pontiacivan, those poster backgrounds are perfect.

http://reverendspooky.com

10modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:14 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Thanks Chaps,  I am glad you like the collections and what I have done with them.

Ive added a few more pics that show how the backgrounds can be used in photographs of specific subjects.

modern - My DAK figures DiGhz7d

modern - My DAK figures 1iOrJN9

modern - My DAK figures OojvPpZ

modern - My DAK figures Unjj8kI

modern - My DAK figures NUUZMhz

11modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:15 am

dadrab

dadrab
Man, I'm in awe.

Never have been much for the military stuff (no idea why, just not), but this is so well displayed and built that I have to give props where they're due.

They're due, brah. Damn fine work.

12modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:31 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love the additional photos. Excellent work!

13modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:15 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Cheers Chaps, Glad you like the extra pictures, and the figures and vehicles

14modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:56 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Although not my favorite when it comes to WWII Germans (that would be Eastern Front Heer), I too love me some DAK, and your collection is pretty awesome!! Is that the prebuilt PzII or did you build/paint that.

Anyway, very nice setup! I love you

15modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 am

scalawag

scalawag
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Although not my favorite when it comes to WWII Germans (that would be Eastern Front Heer), I too love me some DAK, and your collection is pretty awesome!! Is that the prebuilt PzII or did you build/paint that.

Anyway, very nice setup! I love you

Hi tankgirlfuzzy,

I am pleased you like what I have done with my DAK stuff.

It is the prebuilt and painted Pzr II, with a a little addition paintwork from me too, just to get a slightly more worn and used look. It could probably do with a bit more really, but I don't want to over do it Wink

16modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:38 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent photos and displays. That is an impressive collection.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

modern - My DAK figures C8485110

17modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am

blackpool

blackpool
WOW that's impressive, and the sets are veeeeery cool! I'm always amazed n pleased to see 1/6 vehicles, what a fantastic DAK collection!

18modern - My DAK figures Empty Re: My DAK figures Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:11 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Thanks Chaps,

Glad you like it all.

DAK is all I do for WWII. Every once in a while I pick up a bargain, or a vehicle or something and well this is the result. Almost if not all the figures are bashed to one extent or another using a variety of clothing and equipment from a variety of makers.
I have loads of spare stuff too so when I next get the itch for another DAK subject it will get posted up here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum