OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 Italian sexy actress head carving - ABCD four models

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I could swear this is a more heavily make-up'd version of another headsculpt of theirs that is already out?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It looks very similar to the one that many think was supposed to be Anne Hathaway. This is the second attempt by a company to do Monica Bellucci, and fail. Apparently that woman is really hard to capture in 1/6 -- it would help if they actually looked at pictures of her, however.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

GACToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 Italian sexy actress head carving - ABCD four models  C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, indeed. Major fail.

I wasn't thinking of the 'Anne Hathaway' one, but rather this one:

GACToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 Italian sexy actress head carving - ABCD four models  S-l1600

GACToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 Italian sexy actress head carving - ABCD four models  S-l1600

Incidentally, the above is the sculpt I was hoping to eventually use for a 'mini-me'....not that it's exact, of course, lol,  but the second version with the brown hair is probably the closest I'm gonna find of anything pre-existing. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That'd be cool. We could start a thread -- "Show Us Your Mini-Me" Smile

GACToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 Italian sexy actress head carving - ABCD four models  C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well one thing is for certain: 'I' don't look anything like Monica Bellucci, lol.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Monica Belluci!? If that's who they were aiming for they hit Natalie Portman, and she, I believe, is part Israeli.

CHEERS!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I see what you mean, but having only just repainted a Natalie Portman sculpt recently, I'd say that even any accidental likeness to her is still wayyy off..... ;p

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have the first Monica Bellucci. It doesn't look like her, but it is nice. This one does not really seem like an improvement. Maybe they should move on and try Sofia Loren or someone else?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh my God! I'd love to have a Sophia Loren head sculpt. We need to see a LOT more "classic" actors/actresses. I'm getting more than a little burned out on the same 10 people over, and over, and over, and over....

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Oh my God! I'd love to have a Sophia Loren head sculpt. We need to see a LOT more "classic" actors/actresses. I'm getting more than a little burned out on the same 10 people over, and over, and over, and over....

Same here! More Old Hollywood, please! Both actresses AND actors, as you say..... that would be amazing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I wouldn't mind if they did more current actors/actresses too -- even if they haven't played an action hero or someone from the Star Wars, Marvel, or DC universes. I know we sometimes discuss how they should have some "regular" people, but since actors portray "regular" (and "irregular") people on screen, I have no problem with using their likenesses -- what would be nice is a more representative range.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:I wouldn't mind if they did more current actors/actresses too -- even if they haven't played an action hero or someone from the Star Wars, Marvel, or DC universes. I know we sometimes discuss how they should have some "regular" people, but since actors portray "regular" (and "irregular") people on screen, I have no problem with using their likenesses -- what would be nice is a more representative range.

Definitely! And while on that subject... would also be nice to have a bit wider range of ages, too. Like some older women, especially.... there are plenty of amazing actresses they could base some on....

blackpool

blackpool
skywalkersaga wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I wouldn't mind if they did more current actors/actresses too -- even if they haven't played an action hero or someone from the Star Wars, Marvel, or DC universes. I know we sometimes discuss how they should have some "regular" people, but since actors portray "regular" (and "irregular") people on screen, I have no problem with using their likenesses -- what would be nice is a more representative range.

Definitely! And while on that subject... would also be nice to have a bit wider range of ages, too. Like some older women, especially.... there are plenty of amazing actresses they could base some on....

I second both!

If only a brand could start making actors/actresses headsculpts out of a specific movie, just some "hollywood serie", being equal on male and female offerings (even if it tends to balance lately), and being fair on eras, while I understand part of hot toys business is to create movie accurate headsculpts, having ten versions of chris evans (seeing his career out of marvel) is quite a waste of effort to my eyes...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum