OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ART FIGS - CUSTOM 1/6 FIGURE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

siquisiri

siquisiri
ARTS FIGS is proud to announce that we will be branching of into other genres!
Over the past 3 years we have offered 11 projects and 14 Classic Western Television and Film figures.
We want to see what other genres and figures we can produce that none of the 1/6 companies have attempted.

Please let us know what you are interested in and what you would like to see.
SCI FI? ACTION-ADVENTURE? SAMURAI? TV? WW1? WW2?
Head sets only? Head and clothing sets? Etc…. Just let us know!!

Ill be posting pics of other genres sculpts and clothing sets we have worked on soon!!

Thank You,

Siqui

siquisiri

siquisiri
ART FIGS - CUSTOM 1/6 FIGURE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! Bander10

MerylAkiba

I was wondering about a Tbleague headsculpt face design without the hair scalp since hot water and a flat head screwdriver could be used to separate the scalp. More heads with the peg would be great instead of buying a boxed figure just for kit-bashing and dismantling .

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those Heston sculpts were done for me, but I’m always up for more Chuck (my favorite actor). I’m sure a lot of people would be up for Mad Mel — the outfit would be the tricky part.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ART FIGS - CUSTOM 1/6 FIGURE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! C8485110

siquisiri

siquisiri
Stryker2011 wrote:Those Heston sculpts were done for me, but I’m always up for more Chuck (my favorite actor). I’m sure a lot of people would be up for Mad Mel — the outfit would be the tricky part.

THey look great! Theres a few others that Will has done. Mel would be great and his gear is already done and ready too!

MerylAkiba

What program do you use to sculpt heads? Is the genre strictly in classic television? Do we need to sign up or pay first to participate?

siquisiri

siquisiri
MerylAkiba wrote:What program do you use to sculpt heads? Is the genre strictly in classic television? Do we need to sign up or pay first to participate?

NOt at all, any ideas are welcome. We focused on westerns for the last few years, but we decided to go into other genres. We do the group commissions, as we split the costs between all of us. The more people we have, the lesser the price is individually.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
We were discussing recently in a different thread how nice it would be if there were more headsculpts and/or figures out there that were based on Old Hollywood films, characters, and actors. There was nothing specific mentioned, but just some wistful dreaming about how great it would be to have a plethora of options inspired by previous eras, rather than simply the same old current popular actors over and over again. This was mostly discussed in relation to headsculpts and from a kitbash and customizing perspective, but it would be neat to see complete figures of both iconic as well as lesser known characters -- both male and female --  from Classical Hollywood cinema. Anything from film noir, to thrillers, to comedies, to dramas, to historical epics like Ben-Hur, El Cid, Lawrence of Arabia, etc. 

Another area that I am personally interested in, but which may or may not garner much interest amongst the rest of the 1/6 demographic, lol, is period dramas. And while there are plenty of figures like that already out there, these tend to be primarily depictions of soldiers, warriors, etc. I'd be interested to see a bit more variety on that score. Especially historical costuming for female characters! Smile

There are tons of other things I'd like to see from various film, television, and literary genres, but for most characters I want at the moment, I am currently working on my own custom figures, and so the things I'm looking for are loose parts like outfits , gear, and headsculpts. Admittedly, at present I find it difficult to afford full figures, whether 'official' or otherwise, and tend to be more interested in parts and accessories. But when it comes to custom work, and if it were the right character/film, etc, I'd potentially be very interested. In that vein, it might be neat if there was an option not only for complete figures, but also for purchasing loose parts for those who prefer to make their own. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:We were discussing recently in a different thread how nice it would be if there were more headsculpts and/or figures out there that were based on Old Hollywood films, characters, and actors. There was nothing specific mentioned, but just some wistful dreaming about how great it would be to have a plethora of options inspired by previous eras, rather than simply the same old current popular actors over and over again. This was mostly discussed in relation to headsculpts and from a kitbash and customizing perspective, but it would be neat to see complete figures of both iconic as well as lesser known characters -- both male and female --  from Classical Hollywood cinema. Anything from film noir, to thrillers, to comedies, to dramas, to historical epics like Ben-Hur, El Cid, Lawrence of Arabia, etc. 

Another area that I am personally interested in, but which may or may not garner much interest amongst the rest of the 1/6 demographic, lol, is period dramas. And while there are plenty of figures like that already out there, these tend to be primarily depictions of soldiers, warriors, etc. I'd be interested to see a bit more variety on that score. Especially historical costuming for female characters! Smile

There are tons of other things I'd like to see from various film, television, and literary genres, but for most characters I want at the moment, I am currently working on my own custom figures, and so the things I'm looking for are loose parts like outfits , gear, and headsculpts. Admittedly, at present I find it difficult to afford full figures, whether 'official' or otherwise, and tend to be more interested in parts and accessories. But when it comes to custom work, and if it were the right character/film, etc, I'd potentially be very interested. In that vein, it might be neat if there was an option not only for complete figures, but also for purchasing loose parts for those who prefer to make their own. Smile

Yes!

I see the suggestions coming in already, and it’s the same old same old. The classic Western thing was fun, while it lasted, but now it’s back to WWII, Mad Max (which Will — the sculptor, has no interest in revisiting Max), and, of course modern movies. I don’t specifically have a problem with these per se, but there are companies (DID for example) that are already doing WWII, and a plethora of customizers catering to the Mad Max crowd, and many of the modern films. The problem I DO have is I don’t need another Tony Stark, or John Wick — it’s been done. I’d honestly prefer some of the characters from these modern movies that haven’t been done — like Vanessa/Morena Baccarin from Deadpool (which could then be, essentially, a twofer for Firfely fans) — and the rest of the Firefly cast, for that matter, since QMX dropped the ball. And since it looks like HT is going one and done with Neo (or, maybe, two — with Mr. Smith), how about Trinity and Morpheus...?

I’m all for classic film stars, or historical figures (as long as we stay away from Ancient Rome, Greece — which is/has been done); and I agree with skywalkersaga that we need some non-combatants.

Here’s a good one (from modern films) that tons of people have been clamoring for: Peggy Carter, either in her uniform, or civilian garb from Captain America or Agent Carter.

Just my .02 cents.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree, Stryker -- I think it would be nice to cover some characters/figures that have far lesser chances of having official versions made. 

And regarding historically-based figures, I would indeed welcome both those that are based on specific films, shows, characters, etc., as well as more generic offerings. Just imagine if for every WWI/WW2 soldier, or every gunslinger type, or every medieval knight, etc. etc., there could be some historically accurate female figures from the same era? I can only speak for myself, but as much as I love military history, I have little interest in a solely male figure line-up. Razz And likewise, I'd also like to see non-military male characters... like some 18th-19th century civilians, anything from peasants to aristocratic gentlemen.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

dadrab

dadrab
In for a David Carradine. Love me some old Kung Fu.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
siquisiri wrote:ART FIGS - CUSTOM 1/6 FIGURE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! Bander10

I might have to get myself those Charlton Heston head sculpts to do A "Taylor" figure from Planet of The Apes.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s what I commissioned them for, TPB — my all-time favorite movie. I wouldn’t mind having a few Chuck heads to do Moses, El Cid, 55 Days at Peking, Major Dundee, Ben-Hur, Long John Silver from Treasure Island, and The Three/Four Musketeers as Cardinal Richelieu (in fact, there’s another group of characters that I’d like to see The Three Musketeers (Michael York, Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain, Frank Finley, Chuck, Faye Dunaway, Christopher Lee, Raquel Welch, & Roy Kinear) — that would be an awesome display, with all those great costumes.

Delanie

Delanie
I'll Join Skywalkersaga and say period pieces such as Sharp or Hornblower.

I'd like to throw something else in the mix how about some good generic head sculpts that are not necessarily recognisable as actors? I know this may have been done but it seems to me a lot of the heads at the moment are supposed to be someone even if I don't get who it is supposed to be.

Another idea is lets have book characters for instance much as I like Caitriona Balf and Sam Hugens in the outlander series and yes please lets have those 2 and lord John from there, but some books have good enough descriptions to perhaps do a book passable likeness of Jamie How about a Honor Harrington?

just my ideas

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s what I commissioned them for, TPB — my all-time favorite movie. I wouldn’t mind having a few Chuck heads to do Moses, El Cid, 55 Days at Peking, Major Dundee, Ben-Hur, Long John Silver from Treasure Island, and The Three/Four Musketeers as Cardinal Richelieu (in fact, there’s another group of characters that I’d like to see The Three Musketeers (Michael York, Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain, Frank Finley, Chuck, Faye Dunaway, Christopher Lee, Raquel Welch, & Roy Kinear) — that would be an awesome display, with all those great costumes.

Don't forget Spike Milligain!

I'm actually known at my office for entertaining my co-workers by reciting certain famous movie lines, and the two most requested are "Take your stinking paws off me you damned dirty ape!" and "You maniacs! You blew it up!......."

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Don't forget Spike Milligain!  

I'm actually known at my office for entertaining my co-workers by reciting certain famous movie lines, and the two most requested are "Take your stinking paws off me you damned dirty ape!"  and "You maniacs! You blew it up!......."  

Oh, yeah. Spike was awesome, and very funny.

Both great lines, but one of my favorites starts with “Beware the beast man...”

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Don't forget Spike Milligain!  

I'm actually known at my office for entertaining my co-workers by reciting certain famous movie lines, and the two most requested are "Take your stinking paws off me you damned dirty ape!"  and "You maniacs! You blew it up!......."  

Oh, yeah. Spike was awesome, and very funny.

Both great lines, but one of my favorites starts with “Beware the beast man...”

The original is IMHO, something of a masterpiece. When I first saw it, at maybe 10 or 11 years old, I was too young to grasp that it was really all about racism and religious intolerance and the perils of theocracy and was in fact a criticism of human kind and human history. It was only when watching it as an educated adult that I recognized the allusion to the religious tribunals of the inquisition, the allusion to the Scopes Monkey Trial, or caught that delightful moment of seeing albeit ever so briefly, the three orangutans doing the "See no evil, hear no evil, hear no evil" poses.

This notwithstanding, why is it that Taylor takes so long to figure out he's back on Earth? I mean...he crashes on a planet where there are humans, chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans and horses, and where the apes speak the language of Shakespeare for heaven's sake! What makes him so damned dense?

shazzdan

shazzdan
Spike Milligan still has the best headstone epitaph of all time:

"I told you I was ill".

Unfortunately it had to be written in Gaelic or the Chichester Diocese wouldn't have allowed it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Spike Milligan still has the best headstone epitaph of all time:

"I told you I was ill".

Unfortunately it had to be written in Gaelic or the Chichester Diocese wouldn't have allowed it.

That's awesome! You gotta' love a man with a sense of humor -- even in death.

shazzdan

shazzdan
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:This notwithstanding, why is it that Taylor takes so long to figure out he's back on Earth?  I mean...he crashes on a planet where there are humans, chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans and horses, and where the apes speak the language of Shakespeare for heaven's sake!  What makes him so damned dense?  

The entire premise is that he was on Earth all along and the movie gradually reveals that to the audience. If he worked that out at the start, it would have been a pretty short movie.

Don't forget that when the movie was made there were plenty of contemporary sci-fi movies set on other planets with Earth-like animals and vegetation, and human-looking aliens that spoke English. When watching them, it is impossible to work out whether they are an integral part of the plot or just another inconcruency that we are supposed to ignore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum