OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you seen what Asmus is cooking up?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Have you seen what Asmus is cooking up? Empty Have you seen what Asmus is cooking up? Wed May 29, 2019 1:08 am

Delanie

Delanie
I just saw this on facebook

Have you seen what Asmus is cooking up? 61469274_10156049858926968_1414271823641575424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1

I'm quite interested in the other figures shown Gladriel and is that a certain orc body i see?

MerylAkiba

Is the gold armor Elrond?! I can't tell or is it Mirkwood armor? Definitely want the grey and white Gandalfseses. Is that Theoden?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes, it is Elrond. They just finished up extending their licensing contract with the film company, so POs should be coming (hopefully soon). They also teased a Theoden sculpt. Lots of cool stuff coming. I can’t believe we’re getting closer and closer to getting so many characters from one of the greatest movie trilogies ever made.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Have you seen what Asmus is cooking up? C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooooh, I want all of those!! Especially if they are LotR-based, rather than Hobbit-based.... Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ooooh, I want all of those!! Especially if they are LotR-based, rather than Hobbit-based.... Razz

That's pretty much the majority of opinions. Although Azog is in that picture, as well. And they've teased a WIP pic of the sculptor working on further details of him.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, I'm not too bothered about an orc from that film being made -- I can understand why people might want him.  But I just mean that I'd feel little excitement about collecting Hobbit figures myself. LotR ones, on the other hand, are most welcome. That Gandalf the Grey with rooted hair is especially nice-looking! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
And the cool thing about Gandalf the Grey, for those that already bought the first version (which looked more like Sir Ian from The Hobbit films), is that they will offer the head sculpt separately. I have the first version, so this was the best news. Although I'm disappointed that Elrond isn't in his Elvish robes, I'll take what I can get. It just would have been nice to be able to display Arwen, Elrond, and Galadriel together in their gowns/robes for a more unified look. But it is what it is. I hope they go back and revisit Saruman, and give him the same rooted beard and hair treatment as they did Gandalf.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:And the cool thing about Gandalf the Grey, for those that already bought the first version (which looked more like Sir Ian from The Hobbit films), is that they will offer the head sculpt separately. I have the first version, so this was the best news. Although I'm disappointed that Elrond isn't in his Elvish robes, I'll take what I can get. It just would have been nice to be able to display Arwen, Elrond, and Galadriel together in their gowns/robes for a more unified look. But it is what it is. I hope they go back and revisit Saruman, and give him the same rooted beard and hair treatment as they did Gandalf.

Aw, that's great. And yes, hopefully they will revisit the Saruman sculpt ...and maybe others, too.

blackpool

blackpool
The great news and quite cool policy at Asmus is since the success of the rooted beard/hair Gimli, they are going to update all their bearded characters from saruman to gandalf, and some of the female that had mixed sculpted/rooted hair into full rooted.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Asmus' line has been pretty impressive, and the quality of detail and accuracy has increased over time. It is excellent news that they are continuing and revisiting some of their older products.

MerylAkiba

How do we order the heads separate from Asmus website? Will they redo Arwin with a full rooted head sculpt?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t think they’ll revisit Arwen, but I’ve heard they’re going to revisit Saruman (and I’m hoping, at the very least, that they’ll do the combination thing with Legolas). Theoden is going full sculpt, no rooted hair, unfortunately, so I guess I’ll be keeping his helmet on if it looks too goofy.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The head I most wish to be re-done is Aragorn. For me there is no point collecting 1/6 LotR figures unless I can have an Aragorn figure I'm totally happy with. ;D

ETA: and yes, I know they already offered two different versions of him. Sadly I wasn't too keen on either...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I get that, skywalkersaga. I got the ACI version, and aside from the upward eyes angle, I think it’s infinitely better than either of the Asmus versions — which always made him look like a junky in my eyes.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's a couple of pics Asmus themselves teased for Theoden:

Have you seen what Asmus is cooking up? Qqao_c10
Have you seen what Asmus is cooking up? Qqao_c11

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Other than the sculpted hair, it's looking pretty good. One of my favourite things about the Asmus figures is probably the clothing/gear... it's always quite nice and detailed. 

And re: Aragorn: the ACI figure did seem like the best one thus far, in terms of the headsculpt. Though obviously, since I'm kinda late to the party, I missed that one...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum