OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order Empty Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:00 am

scalawag

scalawag
I have just preordered the forthcoming black series 6" Emperor Palpetine.  It is due for release in the UK on 4th October.

This is another "deluxe" series figure and I believe is an Amazon exclusive which is available for Pre-order in the UK for £35.

As you can see from these promo pics the figure has an almost entirely cloth costume, a number of interchangeable faces with varying expressions, force lightning for his hands, a cane (that is now the correct length for the figure), and the throne from Death Star II's throne room.

If you know the original Black series Emperor then you will know how truly terrible it was (possibly the worst Black Series figure yet released), but it seems that Hasbro actually listened to the criticism and have improved this figure in every way that fans asked them too.  Its also testament to the amount of development that is going on in the 1/12 world at the moment.  When you look at the figures side by side there is really no comparison.  The new figure is so much more convincing than the original was.

Of course these are just the promo pics and I will post in hand pics when the figure is released in October.

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order X3G5brt

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order X5FtFZb

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order IZUgyru

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order RrEpbIE

And for comparison, here is the original Black Series Emperor Palpetine

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order EJObPah

Paul

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, very neat! He's got THREE heads as well, that's great -- and they are pretty good expressions, to boot. And there is indeed no comparison whatsoever...the new one is a HUGE improvement. Thank you for sharing! Smile

I would love to see a 'deluxe' RotJ Vader, with a better cape/cloak than the previous Black Series Vader figures. Then I can reenact my fave scene of Anakin's return and Palpy's demise. Wink

Last year, I got my husband all the best Sidious/Palpatine figures in 3.75" scale -- I'll probably get him this one now, too!
Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

scalawag

scalawag
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, very neat! He's got THREE heads as well, that's great -- and they are pretty good expressions, to boot. And there is indeed no comparison whatsoever...the new one is a HUGE improvement. Thank you for sharing! Smile

I would love to see a 'deluxe' RotJ Vader, with a better cape/cloak than the previous Black Series Vader figures. Then I can reenact my fave scene of Anakin's return and Palpy's demise. Wink

Last year, I got my husband all the best Sidious/Palpatine figures in 3.75" scale -- I'll probably get him this one now, too!
Very Happy

Yeah it is definitely a much nicer figure, and with way more options for posing.  I believe it also has the new improved articulation too, but I will have to confirm that once I have it.  Because of the moulded under robe the old one couldn't even sit!!  The face plates look good and should help in getting the right look for a pose too.  The painting on these faces is way in advance of the old figure, and he actually looks like the Emperor now, or at least in the promo pics he does.  Their new face painting tech is really lifting the likenesses that Hasbro are now achieving.

A decent ROTJ Vader would be nice, we will have to see what they do.  They are also re-issueing some figures under the new Archive range, some of which have also been updated so it is entirely possible that we will get an improved Vader as part of that.
The 40th Anniversary Vader was very good and a completely new figure for that range all be it the ANH version. Vader is a nightmare of details though and its one of those figures that someone will always find fault with what ever they bring out.

Paul

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I keep meaning to pick up the 40th anniversary Vader, and then hesitating and thinking I'll hold out for a RotJ version. Decisions, decisions. Razz And I know, I can of course always get multiple, but I'm just oddly picky about Vader figures... don't have a Vader in 1/6 scale yet either for that reason. Still waiting for the right one. ;p 

Excited about this Palpatine though... he will make a great Xmas pressie for Mr. Skywalkersaga. ;D

Now I'm hoping they will do a deluxe Dooku.... I never got the Figuarts one, since I was extremely underwhelmed by both the Figuarts RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan, and thus didn't see the point. But it would be nice to have a 6 inch version of Dooku in this style.

scalawag

scalawag
skywalkersaga wrote:I keep meaning to pick up the 40th anniversary Vader, and then hesitating and thinking I'll hold out for a RotJ version. Decisions, decisions. Razz And I know, I can of course always get multiple, but I'm just oddly picky about Vader figures... don't have a Vader in 1/6 scale yet either for that reason. Still waiting for the right one. ;p 

Excited about this Palpatine though... he will make a great Xmas pressie for Mr. Skywalkersaga. ;D

Now I'm hoping they will do a deluxe Dooku.... I never got the Figuarts one, since I was extremely underwhelmed by both the Figuarts RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan, and thus didn't see the point. But it would be nice to have a 6 inch version of Dooku in this style.

I would imagine that with the 20th Anniversary of AOTC in a couple of years time there might well be a Dooku on the cards at some point. Some of this years releases are prequel related I suspect because of the 20th anniversary of TPM.

Paul

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's a good point -- I'll be patient. ;D

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This definitely looks promising and much better than the original figure they released. I'm still working through customizing it, but this might take care of the needed changes...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome he comes with three different heads (if only the HT version had that option...). Cool looking figure. Congrats, Paul.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order C8485110

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:This definitely looks promising and much better than the original figure they released. I'm still working through customizing it, but this might take care of the needed changes...

Yeah I think I would just buy this one, as the cloth inner robe makes it way more practical and possible alone without all the other extras that come with it. I guess it would be about $10 more than the original figure so not a huge investment for a much nicer look.

Paul

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:Awesome he comes with three different heads (if only the HT version had that option...). Cool looking figure. Congrats, Paul.

Thanks mate, I am looking forward to receiving him in October.

The heads are reasonably good likenesses too. Hasbro new paint application tech is really working great for face painting now. Its nice to see new things happening rather than the same old same old lol Laughing Laughing Laughing

Paul

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
scalawag wrote:Yeah I think I would just buy this one, as the cloth inner robe makes it way more practical and possible alone without all the other extras that come with it.  I guess it would be about $10 more than the original figure so not a huge investment for a much nicer look.

Very true, although I have gotten a nice cloth lower inner robe and a nicer outer robe for him, as well as a 3D printed 1/12 scale throne, which I have painted appropriately. The only reason I haven't finished the custom is time and figuring out how to install the clasp (from the old figure) and how to make the ample hood on the outer robe sit quite right. But that's just my problem. Of course it is great to get a figure where these things appear to have been done right.

Adeno

He's beautiful! I'm surprised he actually comes with alternate heads! I pre-ordered him some time ago but didn't notice haha! He's definitely a good contender for the Figuarts version. Hasbro's really been improving a lot lately, if they keep adding accessories and alternate heads, they'd definitely be a bigger threat to Figuarts Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Not bad, though nobody, HT included, ever seems to get him sitting on the throne quite right. I'm not sure if it's the articulation of the figure or a badly designed throne that is at fault, possibly a bit of both.

CHEERS!

bpvxvqd

bpvxvqd
scalawag wrote:I have just preordered the forthcoming black series 6" Emperor Palpetine.  It is due for release in the UK on 4th October.

This is another "deluxe" series figure and I believe is an Amazon exclusive which is available for Pre-order in the UK for £35.

As you can see from these promo pics the figure has an almost entirely cloth costume, a number of interchangeable faces with varying expressions, force lightning for his hands, a cane (that is now the correct length for the figure), and the throne from Death Star II's throne room.

If you know the original Black series Emperor then you will know how truly terrible it was (possibly the worst Black Series figure yet released), but it seems that Hasbro actually listened to the criticism and have improved this figure in every way that fans asked them too.  Its also testament to the amount of development that is going on in the 1/12 world at the moment.  When you look at the figures side by side there is really no comparison.  The new figure is so much more convincing than the original was.

Of course these are just the promo pics and I will post in hand pics when the figure is released in October.

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order X3G5brt

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order X5FtFZb

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order IZUgyru

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order RrEpbIE

And for comparison, here is the original Black Series Emperor Palpetine

Black Series Emperor Palpatine Pre-Order EJObPah

Paul

Is there a guide handbook attached with Emperor Palpatine chair Black Series

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm pretty sure there isn't one. I tried to review this item a couple of times, but every time something went wrong (maybe it is cursed). Smile

bpvxvqd

bpvxvqd
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm pretty sure there isn't one. I tried to review this item a couple of times, but every time something went wrong (maybe it is cursed). Smile
hhhh

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I really struggle with the Black Series.   Some of them look fantastic while others seem way off.   I pretty much stick with SHF unless Hasbro really hits one out of the park and it’s a character SHF will not likely get around to (Grand Moff Tarkin and some of the other Imperial officers for example).    Palpatine looks really good though, and the SHF version is WAY out my price range.  I really need to get caught up on what’s out and what’s coming out in the Black Series.  Really, it’s down to the original trilogy now.  I’ve pretty much got the few characters I wanted from the prequel and the sequel through SHF.

Heh.  I just checked on eBay.  Wheeeee!  I really missed the boat on this one.  As we say here in the States, “You snooze, you lose!”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum