OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

House Moving NIGHTMARE!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Empty House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:23 am

brassco

brassco
Well...I was moving house recently, still in the process of packing, and man...the figures took up the majority of my time!!! In fact, only the seamless figures i packed them back into the box...the rest like the HT i merely put them into a big enough plastic bag and put them all together into a carton...phew!

2House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Empty Re: House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:05 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hey there.. I feel your pain. I had to move house less than a year ago, and now I am facing another impending house move any moment. Moving house is probably any collector's nightmare... and you are right, packaging everything takes forever. ;-;

I hope all your figures make it over to your new location safely!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Empty Re: House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:14 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I feel your pain. Moved a little over a year and a half ago, and everything happened so quickly we had less than a month to get all our stuff out. I don’t keep most of the figure boxes, so stuff was wrapped carefully, and labeled (as I put figures in separate boxes from their accessories). Had to move it all to a temperature controlled storage facility, then to the new house — by the time it came to moving it to the house, my old bones couldn’t take anymore and we had to hire a bunch of college kids to do the bulk of the heavy lifting — and I do mean heavy; aside from the figure boxes (which I wouldn’t let anyone touch but me), there was my drum kit, several oversized (and cobbled together) boxes for my mannequins, around 40 boxes of DVDs and Blu-Rays, 48-50 banker boxes of books (which I ended up selling more than half AFTER we moved), and of course all the furniture. To say that I’m a collector is a bit of an understatement. I won’t ever move again — at least, none of the crap in this house will be going with me. My next move I won’t have any say in.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

House Moving NIGHTMARE!! C8485110

4House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Empty Re: House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:19 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yep, I moved just over half a year ago (how quickly time flies!), and it was a very painful experience, although I took virtually no furniture with me, but tons of books and collectibles. And not everything is unpacked (although some things likely will continue to be stored in boxes). I pray I will not have to move again.

5House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Empty Re: House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:57 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm also moving at some point. I packed up my modelling stuff over a year ago and that was as far as I got! I decided not to attach a time frame to it and just let it happen when I'm ready. I'm packing everything myself and then when the time comes I'll hire a van and my Dad can drive. If I do it all myself there's no-one else to blame if anything gets damaged. I have a huge collection of cardboard boxes and packing materials, amassed over many years of eBay purchases, so I've no excuse for not packing stuff properly.

CHEERS!

6House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Empty Re: House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Delanie

Delanie
mine is up for sale too and boy did i get so fed up with it, "okay i just want to make"..... "oh i cant I've got someone coming round to view "….. "okay i'm sure I've got one of those..... hmm which box is that in?"

in the end it was driving me nuts not being able to do anything just in case someone came to view and its not like there is a queue around the block to see my flat ….. grr Brexit! So I've just decided if i want to do something to heck with it i'll have to tidy up before they come

7House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Empty Re: House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
i wish you the best of luck, personally the worst thing that happened so far was a completely destroyed 1/6 tiger tank i stored at my grandma's house when i moved in a smaller apartment at the time.
some time later she was renovating the house and the guys that did the job thought it a good idea to put a dirty carpet, which was soon discarded, on top of my tiger which was standing in a corner of an otherwise empty room. good thing they had a head start before i found out or i would have collected their limbs one by one Sad

8House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Empty Re: House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:05 pm

MerylAkiba

Wow, there is a lot of moving within a year. I only remember moving every year to another city every time when I was a kid. My dad always had a yard sale. I had to give away everything. I got new toys, but the feeling of parting with something. I had He-man figures, but got TMNT when we moved to a different city. I guess as an example: Andy's mom getting rid of Woody, Slinky, Rex, and the entire toy chest, but getting Buzz and Zerg when they move to a new house.

9House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Empty Re: House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:25 am

brassco

brassco
skywalkersaga wrote:Hey there.. I feel your pain. I had to move house less than a year ago, and now I am facing another impending house move any moment. Moving house is probably any collector's nightmare... and you are right, packaging everything takes forever. ;-;

another impending house move? frequent moving is definitely a bad choice for this hobby!

Stryker2011 wrote: I won’t ever move again — at least, none of the crap in this house will be going with me. My next move I won’t have any say in.

me too. The next time i move will be to heaven...or hell. I wonder how do i bring my stuff there...burn them??

Rogerbee wrote:I'm also moving at some point.

gd luck with your moving!

Delanie wrote:mine is up for sale too and boy did i get so fed up with it, "okay i just want to make"..... "oh i cant I've got someone coming round to view "….. "okay i'm sure I've got one of those..... hmm which box is that in?"

what's for sale? your flat or your figures?

Tjolnir wrote:i wish you the best of luck, personally the worst thing that happened so far was a completely destroyed 1/6 tiger tank i stored at my grandma's house when i moved in a smaller apartment at the time.
Sad

i haven't unboxed yet...so i won't know the condition of my figures...but i feel sorry to hear of your tank...

Now, i have moved everything (considered i only have 4 days to move everything)...Now, another nightmare begins...to unbox everything and put them into new environment...

10House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Empty Re: House Moving NIGHTMARE!! Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:07 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
brassco wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Hey there.. I feel your pain. I had to move house less than a year ago, and now I am facing another impending house move any moment. Moving house is probably any collector's nightmare... and you are right, packaging everything takes forever. ;-;

another impending house move? frequent moving is definitely a bad choice for this hobby!

Yeah, it definitely is not something I want to go through again, but sadly there's nothing I can do about it... :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum