OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trevor Philips (GTA5)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Trevor Philips (GTA5) Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:17 am

awsd1987

awsd1987
Hello everyone,
@kitbashmeg (Instagram) here! I've finally got around to putting together my custom figure of Trevor Philips from GTA5. I still have a lot planned for him, but a huge kitchen gutting and remodel just sapped fundage so I have been making due with what I have lying around the house at the moment until I can get some more goodies that I cannot myself recreate. I do have a nice set of black boots on the way, so hopefully those will be here soon so I can replace these "out of character" converse sneakers. Razz

edit: I also plan to paint his iconic tattoos on later, once I rid my home of the ever-present sheetrock dust that seems to never stop appearing these days...

Quick Specs:
Head: FeverHobby "Bank Robber Uncle T" sculpt re-painted and hair added by @mrsirix (Instagram).
Body: Ganghood G002 "Bruce Lee"
Clothes: Random cheapo set from Ebay (China) that I weathered using a quick coffee dip and grounds to target stain.
Props: I custom worked an image in attempt to replicate a pack of Redwood Cigarettes from the actual game.

Trevor Philips (GTA5) Img_2011
Trevor Philips (GTA5) Img_2012
Trevor Philips (GTA5) Img_2013
Trevor Philips (GTA5) 2lkp2kj
Trevor Philips (GTA5) 2n0o7ec

2Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:23 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
While I'm familiar with the game, I've never played it, so I have no frame of reference for the character -- regardless, he looks pretty cool. Nice job on the cigarettes -- working with those at this size can be kind of a pain.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Trevor Philips (GTA5) C8485110

3Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:26 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’m not familiar with the character either, but this is undeniably a very striking figure! The headsculpt has so much character and the repaint/re-hair looks excellent. Your photography is gorgeous as well, thanks so much for sharing! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:08 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great kitbash. Never played the game, but I like the look of the character, who appears to be an interesting blend of realistic and animation style. And I love what you did for the cigarettes. Details like that help make every scene so much more realistic.

5Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:20 am

Ovy

Ovy
I'm familiar with the character and must say you did a great job! Although I remember his shirt being even dirtier, but maybe that was a tank top. A Jerry can and a shotgun would suit him fine.
And adding the scissors to the neck won't be too hard I think.

Trevor might be one oft the more interesting characters. While there weren't many differences in the gameplay of the three available characters, the atmosphere changed it a lot. While playing Trevor I drove more recklessy and fought more fiercely, with greater risk, more explosions and less use of cover. And everything escalated much faster.

6Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:17 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work and Character, the Hair Job You did on him really works ! The pack of cigaretts is fantastic

7Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:25 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
wait..GTA is at 5 now ?!
looks great and that pack of ciggies are the bomb !
Well done !

8Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:20 pm

awsd1987

awsd1987
(Sorry for the late response, all the construction debris seems to be encasing my computer desk at the moment, making it difficult to respond as quickly as I normally would!)

Thank you all for the kind responses! I cannot take credit for the head on this one, as it was all @mrsirix on Instagram! I actually do have a jerry can prop, but was waiting for the right scene; plus I didn't want to flood the thread with photos, lol! I also made a scaled dirty pipe, but I'd personally consider that "NSFW" so I didn't post that just in case. As for his shirt, it is actually a bit more gnarly in the game and it is darker in person, but still I agree could stand to be a tad more so.

Trevor is admittedly (and sadly) the most relatable fictional character I've yet to stumble across. You know, minus the speed-fueled murdering cannibal part, LOL! Now, I just wish I could find a Michael and/or Franklin sculpt. I don't think I will ever be finished adding things to/for this figure though, as he is the first one I ever scraped the parts and pieced together; but I'd be lying if I wasn't already trying to decide what the first sculpt will be that I actually take a crack at painting myself...

A friend jokingly told me that he felt like he was playing "Ray Liotta" every time he played as Michael on GTA5 and I could actually see being able to pull off using a sculpt of Ray for Michael...*if* I could find a good one, which it seems they don't exist - at least not unpainted or already on a really nice, expensive custom. I am not too worried about that though, I feel out of the list of characters I fangirl over is vast enough I can find the majority of them. Hell, if I can find Mike from Better call Saul or Peter Stormare from his role in Fargo I think I find anyone! Although, Hunter S. Thompson eludes me still. Razz

9Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
this trevor turned out pretty well, i like it.

was tempted myself with getting the headsculpt a couple years back, but as you said, without the whole trio something would feel missing in a dio.

by the way where´s mr raspberry jam? Laughing

if i remember correctly there was a franklin sculpt/figure from world box AT006, as for michael the closest i found so far was "mercenary adam" from very cool. not much of a likeness though.

in terms of gameplay immersion, trevor feels the most honest of the trio, so yeah he´s quite relatable as a character. plus given the whole "universe" they exist in, he´s not any more "evil" or disturbt, he´s just not hiding behind a shiny mask of society. i´d even say plus the speed fueled murdering stuff and he´s sharing his human stew so at least he´s polite Razz

cheers

10Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:25 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For anyone interested in Den (Sirix) Kazakov, the painter of this head sculpt, doing commissions for them, and you’re not on social media — you can check out his work, and contact him, here:

http://customonesixth.com/index.php?threads/sirixs-painting-workshop-accepting-commissions.174069/

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Trevor Philips (GTA5) C8485110

11Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:01 am

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome work on that Trevor, he looks spot on, not too athletic but still ready for a bar fight, the real hair gives him the needed whacky psycho touch, it's perfect!!!

@allotropos, not only is gta latest version the fifth one, but it was the 5 years anniversary of GTAV last autumn (I believe this title will stay in videogame history for a while, it's still one of the most played game on console)

Thanks for sharing!

12Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:17 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
That is so cool. Very nicely done! Playing as Trevor was always really fun.

Maybe you should look into adding a 1:6 Vespa for when you wanna make him ride down his Scooter Brother.

13Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:30 pm

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
absolutely love this, have the head myself, and i always thought it looked a little unfinished. mrsirix did some great work repainting it. he really needs some tequila, and a 357. idk why, but trevor always seemed like a 357 kinda guy. guess imma have to buy and dirty up a suit, with a white shirt.

14Trevor Philips (GTA5) Empty Re: Trevor Philips (GTA5) Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:21 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So Rad!!!! Looks so spot on. I just want to see endless photoshoots with him now, just engaging in mayhem. And I totally feel you on always being able to add more accessories. And bring on the pipe photos! We're all grown up enough here to handle it. And I'm with you, would LOVE to see Micheal and Franklins to keep him company. Damn, this makes me want to get back on GTA online again soon...

Also, agree that Peter Stormare or Hunter Thompson sculpts would be high on my 1/6 wish lists!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum