OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How should I handle WIP updates?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1discussion - How should I handle WIP updates? Empty How should I handle WIP updates? Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
I'm never sure how I should handle update pictures for my WIPs.
Should I start a new thread stating updates?
Should I add them to the original post? If so, where?
In the original message or appended at the end of comments?
Should I change the title and add the date the images are updated?
I'm looking for the method that is best for the forum.
Thanks!

#discussion

2discussion - How should I handle WIP updates? Empty Re: How should I handle WIP updates? Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:19 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Me, personally, I prefer the change thread title to reflect updates, but put the updates at the end. It’s more linear that way, as most people, if they’re following along from the beginning, will always go to the last page anyway. Just my perspective...

3discussion - How should I handle WIP updates? Empty Re: How should I handle WIP updates? Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with what Stryker wrote. I would prefer that each member create a single thread per item, and post updates within that thread. Once you post your first update, you can alter the thread title by appending "(updated)" to it, and you can indicate in the original post that readers can find updates in sunsequent posts.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

4discussion - How should I handle WIP updates? Empty Re: How should I handle WIP updates? Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Stryker2011 wrote:Me, personally, I prefer the change thread title to reflect updates, but put the updates at the end. It’s more linear that way, as most people, if they’re following along from the beginning, will always go to the last page anyway. Just my perspective...

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree with what Stryker wrote. I would prefer that each member create a single thread per item, and post updates within that thread. Once you post your first update, you can alter the thread title by appending "(updated)" to it, and you can indicate in the original post that readers can find updates in sunsequent posts.

Sounds good guys. Thanks!
I just want to do it the way it should be done.
The new forum has prompted me to get busy, I cleared off the Space Station last night. Work ensues!

5discussion - How should I handle WIP updates? Empty Re: How should I handle WIP updates? Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:31 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Myself I usually handle WIP updates in two ways, either updating the original thread or having a dedicated build thread, and once the build if completed I link the WIP in the completed thread.

6discussion - How should I handle WIP updates? Empty Re: How should I handle WIP updates? Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:19 pm

ostfront43

ostfront43
Keep them together. Start to finish. Makes it easier to see progress to the end.

7discussion - How should I handle WIP updates? Empty Re: How should I handle WIP updates? Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:59 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I've always kinda grappled with this question too, and agree with the consensus here. Having everything in 1 thread does seem the neater way to view.

I also wrestle some times with showing work in progress stuff, vs waiting to finish something to show the big revel of it. I always worry that showing it in parts will undermine the excitement of posting it when it's finally finished. Although with other people's stuff, I love seeing the build along the way. I think I might just overthink things a bit...

8discussion - How should I handle WIP updates? Empty Re: How should I handle WIP updates? Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:46 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I concur with all of the above.

Once a thread is created and updates are posted, please update the first post's title.

SEE EXAMPLE BELOW

--

WIP | 1:6 APACHE Attack Helicopter

UPDATE 4/2/2018 | WIP 1:6 APACHE Attack Helicopter

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum