OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Few More Photos Among the Rocks

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:51 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I had a bit of time today and wanted to shoot a few more photos over by the rock wall I used in my previous shoot.  I hope you all enjoy the images.  

A Few More Photos Among the Rocks 48075158946_7226d39d44_bBy the rocks 60 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr
Kamiko peering around the corner

A Few More Photos Among the Rocks 48075262227_a1347cd1a2_bTB League /  Phicen by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Actually, I think this is my favorite photo of the set.

A Few More Photos Among the Rocks 48075263002_bdc04d2847_bTB League / Phicen by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

A Few More Photos Among the Rocks 48075159376_2b4a06530f_bBy the rocks 26 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

A Few More Photos Among the Rocks 48075198648_b107c73b46_bBy the rocks 64 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

That Rattlesnake had better slither off before Kamiko gets annoyed and decides it to make a rattlesnake stew of it.  

A Few More Photos Among the Rocks 48075158611_bd3400757d_bBy the rocks 68 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Where the heck did she find a cold beer in this place?  

A Few More Photos Among the Rocks 48075158121_7f1f269ae0_bBy the rocks 77 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

"Mmmmm!  This Bud's for me!" Kamiko seems to be saying.

2A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice. Very natural poses, and the environment works great. Great job.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A Few More Photos Among the Rocks C8485110

3A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:25 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice. Very natural poses, and the environment works great. Great job.

Thanks!

4A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:04 am

brassco

brassco
great outdoor shoots! There's not a lot of place in my area that i can do that, without inviting stares, with kids possibly asking their parents : mom, can i play with that doll??

5A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:37 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
brassco wrote:great outdoor shoots! There's not a lot of place in my area that i can do that, without inviting stares, with kids possibly asking their parents : mom, can i play with that doll??

Thanks.  That's always a threat here as there is a big kids sandbox just the other side of the rocks. These were shot in a public park.

6A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:47 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
These are great, love the setting and the poses... maybe my fave pics of yours so far! Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:48 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:These are great, love the setting and the poses... maybe my fave pics of yours so far! Very Happy

Thank-you. I was in fact, very pleased with the results myself, and very encouraged. There are a lot of challenges to shooting outdoors, but if you can overcome them, the results can be very pleasing aesthetically.

8A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, these are great. The sneaking around the rock photos were very realistic. But is this bud a coke can? Smile

9A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:03 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, these are great. The sneaking around the rock photos were very realistic. But is this bud a coke can? Smile

I'm glad you like them. I'm beginning to get the hang of shooting outdoors. The beer can is a Budweiser from this ebay bought set. Probably special promotional or commemorative graphics on the can.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Mini-Budweiser-Beer-Can-Model-For-1-6-Action-Figure-Scene-4-Pcs-small/161926304149?hash=item25b38f5195:g:SSAAAOSwhkRWepj0

10A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:50 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Such a killer photo set! Love these a lot. That second shot is my absolute favorite, and the way her hip is cocked and she's leaning looks so natural and realistic.

I feel like evaporative cooling refrigeration, or pot-in-pot refrigeration would be great in post apocalyptic situations, and would definitely work to keep her beer cold.

11A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:07 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:Such a killer photo set!  Love these a lot.  That second shot is my absolute favorite, and the way her hip is cocked and she's leaning looks so natural and realistic.  

I feel like evaporative cooling refrigeration, or pot-in-pot refrigeration would be great in post apocalyptic situations, and would definitely work to keep her beer cold.

Oh, I think they have solar panels for electrical power and a small refrigerator. I think maybe there's a small ice cooler in the back of her jeep or something.

12A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:24 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Such a killer photo set!  Love these a lot.  That second shot is my absolute favorite, and the way her hip is cocked and she's leaning looks so natural and realistic.  

Oh, I think they have solar panels for electrical power and a small refrigerator.  I think maybe there's a small ice cooler in the back of her jeep or something.  

That totally makes sense too. Civilization can crumble as long as I can still have cold beer.

13A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Oh, I think they have solar panels for electrical power and a small refrigerator.  I think maybe there's a small ice cooler in the back of her jeep or something.  

That totally makes sense too.  Civilization can crumble as long as I can still have cold beer.

Normally, Kamiko would prefer a vodka martini, but out in the field, cold beer is acceptable.

14A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Outdoor pictures again! She is very cool to drink a beer in the range of a rattlesnake Shocked

15A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:20 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ephiane wrote:Great Outdoor pictures again! She is very cool to drink a beer in the range of a rattlesnake Shocked

If the snake were to bite Kamiko, it's the snake that would die. lol!

16A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:37 am

Peaches

Peaches
Your posing and photography is really outstanding!

17A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:26 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Thank-you Peaches. Photography of the figures is the main reason I collect them, and in case I haven't mentioned it, I was trained in a major commercial photography school.  However like everything else, there is a bit of a learning curve to master when shooting down at this scale; you have to develop an eye for backgrounds that won't look too out of scale and you have to frame your photos in a way that keeps out elements that might give away the illusion. Finally, shallow depth of field is your friend; blurring out backgrounds is not only aesthetically pleasing, but also helps maintain the illusion.

18A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:29 am

Ovy

Ovy
Yes, great work in creating the illusion of the right scale. One large stone or leaf can destroy a lot.

I also like your attention to wristjoint covering. Maybe you can get her a Seiko watch. And kneepads, maybe.

19A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Empty Re: A Few More Photos Among the Rocks Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:26 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:Yes, great work in creating the illusion of the right scale. One large stone or leaf can destroy a lot.

I also like your attention to wristjoint covering. Maybe you can get her a Seiko watch. And kneepads, maybe.

I did get some knee pads for Kamiko and the others, but didn't think the set I got was all that well thought out, so I'm going to try another brand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum