OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDLAF THE GREY

(Product ID: CRW001)

The Crown series Gandalf the Grey Sixth Scale Figure features:

· Asmus ADAM body

· Approximately 30 cm tall

· Over 36 points of articulation

Features :

· Super detailed head sculpt accurately to the movie actor, with hand glued real wool beard and hair.

· Rotatable eyeballs

· One pair palm opened aged man hand

· One pair relax gesture aged man hand

· One pair of weapon holding gesture aged man hand

· One finger pointing gesture aged man left hand

· One reading gesture aged man left hand

Special features on Clothing:

· One handmade fabric made wizard hat

· One dark grey robe

· One dark grey cape

· One soil grey inner shirt

· One pair of dark blue pants

.One blue leather belt with pattern printing

· One pair of handmade fabric boots

Special features in weapons:

· Glamdring (with elvish printing)

· Two wizard staff

. One Gandalf’s pipe

Accessories:

· One Asmus Toys Crown series display base with Hobbiton diorama

Special features:

. The diary of Moria

$350.00 USD (includes shipping -- $20.00 deposit)

ESTIMATE SHIPPING DATE: Q4, 2019 ~ Q1, 2020

This is already up for PO on their website -- going to be limited and MAY be exclusive to their site -- due to cost

movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 1889
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 2350
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 3251
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 4230
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 5223

This was posted by the sculptor of this project:

movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 6215

The full details were just posted today, but they're still working out certain details. They will offer a separate upgraded head sculpt for those that already purchased the first version of Gandalf the Grey (I'm one of those people). Don't know if that expansion pack will come with any of the other new accessories like the Moria Diary, the new hands, or the new base.

Here's some posts by the Asmus rep to give some further details:

"Please also understand this is going to be a long fight, we will need to take a much longer production time to make, we will set up an exclusive production line focusing only on glue the beard and hair.

this is going to be a very tough challenge for sure.

So, please bear with us on the price (already set at $350 USD)and production time.

We will have a plan for those in this forum (ie Sideshow Freaks -- where they respond to Q&A) (will be a majority) who owns a previous Gandalf to purchase a new head,
we will try to keep it under $50 USD(?),
however, the complexity of bring such a difficult technique to the production is very difficult to calculate at this point, so the price is NOT sure yet."

Asked whether this would be offered at other retailers besides themselves:

"We have yet decided, but it is likely to be very limited at this point."

And for anyone who may have forgotten what he originally received for Gandalf the Grey (he looked more like Sir Ian in The Hobbit movies than he did in TLOTR):

movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure Screen55

Here's the link to the Asmus store:

https://store.asmustoys.com/product-Gandalf-the-Grey-CRW001.htm

#newproduct #AsmusToys #CrownSeries #GandalftheGrey #LordoftheRings #male #movie

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They also teased this possibility for a future Crown Series figure:

"Hi, I was reading the posts during the weekend, noticed you guys mentioned a new Aragorn in Helm's Deep,
I thought it would be a good idea, so I brought to the boss and he likes it too.

Obviously, there is a chainmail underneath his vest, and no green leather coat

So just thinking we can gather some ideas here on what different/special accessories we can have ?

ie: battle damaged (blood, wounds and dirt)"

Of course, suggestions are already starting to come in.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, the figure and especially new headsculpt is looking gorgeous. If only every 1/6 figure could have carefully glued and/or rooted real hair! 

All I can say is... 'DON'T TEMPT ME, FRODO!' ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:They also teased this possibility for a future Crown Series figure:

"Hi, I was reading the posts during the weekend, noticed you guys mentioned a new Aragorn in Helm's Deep,
I thought it would be a good idea, so I brought to the boss and he likes it too.

So just thinking we can gather some ideas here on what different/special accessories we can have ?

A new Aragorn would be awesome, if at least for the headsculpt... especially if it was a better likeness and also with the real hair, since they seem to have improved a great deal with that side of things lately. 

My only regret would be that it wouldn't be the classic FotR version, though. But I'd still be curious to see it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I'm waiting for the details of the expansion pack before I make a decision. If it only comes with the head sculpt, and not the new hands, or diary, at the very least -- I'll probably end up getting the full boxed set. If the production pieces turn out this good -- Hot Toys better look out. $350 for moveable eyes, custom hair and beard, new hands, accessories, and a new base with a complete figure -- this would cost close to a $1000 if it was a custom figure, and probably between $400 - 450 if it was HT.

movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, I'm waiting for the details of the expansion pack before I make a decision. If it only comes with the head sculpt, and not the new hands, or diary, at the very least -- I'll probably end up getting the full boxed set. If the production pieces turn out this good -- Hot Toys better look out. $350 for moveable eyes, custom hair and beard, new hands, accessories, and a new base with a complete figure -- this would cost close to a $1000 if it was a custom figure, and probably between $400 - 450 if it was HT.

Totally agree. And HT definitely need some serious competition....especially if it's coming at a better value for money!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:They also teased this possibility for a future Crown Series figure:

A new Aragorn would be awesome, if at least for the headsculpt... especially if it was a better likeness and also with the real hair, since they seem to have improved a great deal with that side of things lately. 

My only regret would be that it wouldn't be the classic FotR version, though. But I'd still be curious to see it.

If the head sculpt looks good (and not like a heroine addict like all their previous Aragorn's), I'd be all in for this as well -- he was my favorite character in those movies. When it comes time, it'll be interesting if they offer the head sculpt separate, as well. If it's a marked improvement, that might be a good option to replace the Strider figure with.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

If the head sculpt looks good (and not like a heroine addict like all their previous Aragorn's), I'd be all in for this as well -- he was my favorite character in those movies. When it comes time, it'll be interesting if they offer the head sculpt separate, as well. If it's a marked improvement, that might be a good option to replace the Strider figure with.

Aragorn is by far my favourite as well. Fell in love with him in the books immediately, even before the films, so it's not even solely to do with Viggo. Wink 

And yeah, I think a new Aragorn could potentially be very good..... my only concern is that it is being described as specifically a 'Helm's Deep' Aragorn, with dirt and blood, etc. Or even a 'battle expression'.... eep. I prefer my figures to be a bit more versatile... while I love to recreate scenes, I am wary of headsculpts that are too specific and thus not as interchangeable. Would be great if the figure could be used as both a FotR and TTT figure, just with a slight change of outfits. 

Of course that is all just hypothetical. As it is, this new Gandalf is looking very promising. Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks good to me. The price is way out of my league. $350US is over $500AU plus an additional 10% GST. My only chance of getting it would be if an Australian or Hong Kong distributor had it.

Delanie

Delanie
i'm actually tempted to get the full figure and hang the cost even though i really only need the head and it is waaay over my budget but i was so impressed by the last one

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Truly gorgeous figure, I hope it looks just like the promotional images. This company has been making great products lately and constantly improving, so perhaps it is not too much to hope for. But yes, it is a hefty price.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
New pics:

movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 1897
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 2357
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 3257
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 4235
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 5227
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 6220
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 7212
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 8201
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 9190
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 10177
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 11173
movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure 12157

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great pics! I'm loving the look of this!

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Fist Lucifer with the Elf Queen Emma, now Asmus finally releases this godly Gandalf the Grey 2.0... and it's mind blowing...
Seems like 2019 is the year I'll clean up my bank acc. If one doesn't PO this figure now, the price it'll get later will be astronomically obscene, prohibitive. Oh welp... who needs them moneys anyways...

shazzdan

shazzdan
I'm a gear-oriented person who likes to tinker with miniatures. I don't have much interest in action figures and the ones I do have are mainly for showing off my miniatures. Despite this, I just preordered a plastic doll that will cost me a month's worth of my "hobby budget". PREORDER! I've never preordered anything before in my life. It is even worse; because he is so expensive, I'll be too scared to play with him. He will sit on a shelf in a display cabinet collecting dust.

I blame this forum; you guys are a bad influence.

[mutters unintelligibly]

Edit: He will need a diorama display. I'll sit him in an old chair in a Georgian-style study. I think Professor Tolkien would approve.

blackpool

blackpool
geeeez it's hard to resist, he is so well made, stunning work from asmus, they really upgraded their game since gimli!!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I am soooo torn. A seriously gorgeous figure that I'd be sad to miss out on, and yet I hesitate as I really have had no plans to collect LotR figures at this point. I have too many other projects and collecting interests that I need to focus on. Argh, decisions...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, I just POd this guy. Couldn't resist. I was planning to wait for the Head Sculpt only option, as I already have the first version (and for those of us who have it, we could do that), but there's just too many really cool features with this one -- not least of which is the head sculpt with full real hair and beard, but moveable eyes as well. I guess when the put up the head sculpt by itself, I can always get that as well -- and have two GtG figures for different display options. And $20.00 deposit isn't going to break the bank right now, anyway.

For anyone teetering on the fence, I'll remind you that these are going to be VERY limited -- and right now, they are only being sold on Asmus's website. The original GtG only had 1500 released worldwide -- I would imagine these won't come close to that. Another thing to consider -- eBay prices will go insane once the pre-order window is closed. I'm not trying to talk anyone into getting this, but if you like it and really want it... well... you know the rest.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, I just POd this guy. Couldn't resist. I was planning to wait for the Head Sculpt only option, as I already have the first version (and for those of us who have it, we could do that), but there's just too many really cool features with this one -- not least of which is the head sculpt with full real hair and beard, but moveable eyes as well. I guess when the put up the head sculpt by itself, I can always get that as well -- and have two GtG figures for different display options. And $20.00 deposit isn't going to break the bank right now, anyway.

For anyone teetering on the fence, I'll remind you that these are going to be VERY limited -- and right now, they are only being sold on Asmus's website. The original GtG only had 1500 released worldwide -- I would imagine these won't come close to that. Another thing to consider -- eBay prices will go insane once the pre-order window is closed. I'm not trying to talk anyone into getting this, but if you like it and really want it... well... you know the rest.

I hate you, Stryker... I hate you so much... Mad

PO done. Hope you're happy.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I just noticed it for preorder at Big Bad Toy Store for $330. They are the ones that have the flat-rate $4 shipping (within the US, I suppose).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum