OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

GeeWillikers

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Interestingly enough, I ordered an S22 from Giantoy in the last week of July, and it took Giantoy only about five days to get it to British Columbia, where it spent another five days in processing before being sent to Winnipeg, where once again it waited for another several days before finally being shipped to Montreal.  In short, Giantoy was able to ship the figure across the Pacific faster than Canada Post was able to ship it across Canada.  I was not very impressed with Canada Post, customs, etc.  

Yep, GianToy are very speedy and reliable, they recently got an S19 and a pair of head sculpts to me in just over a week. They seem to have a 'system' that seems to satisfy UK Customs Wink. They're rapidly becoming my favoured seller.

I think I'm going to buy base bodies and bigger sets exclusively from them for the next few months, at least. Buying from cheaper sellers is all well and good, but then you have the whole roulette game with UK Customs to consider. If a seller marks the package 'incorrectly' you can guarantee yourself a hefty fee that more than cancels out any savings you made in the first place.

ThePhotogsBlog

GeeWillikers wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Interestingly enough, I ordered an S22 from Giantoy in the last week of July, and it took Giantoy only about five days to get it to British Columbia, where it spent another five days in processing before being sent to Winnipeg, where once again it waited for another several days before finally being shipped to Montreal.  In short, Giantoy was able to ship the figure across the Pacific faster than Canada Post was able to ship it across Canada.  I was not very impressed with Canada Post, customs, etc.  

Yep, GianToy are very speedy and reliable, they recently got an S19 and a pair of head sculpts to me in just over a week. They seem to have a 'system' that seems to satisfy UK Customs Wink. They're rapidly becoming my favoured seller.

I think I'm going to buy base bodies and bigger sets exclusively from them for the next few months, at least. Buying from cheaper sellers is all well and good, but then you have the whole roulette game with UK Customs to consider. If a seller marks the package 'incorrectly' you can guarantee yourself a hefty fee that more than cancels out any savings you made in the first place.

Giantoy and Monkey Depot have become my two favorite dealers. Giantoy for figures and head sculpts, Monkey depot for parted out stuff. Both have been extremely reliable.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Giantoy and Monkey Depot have become my two favorite dealers. Giantoy for figures and head sculpts, Monkey depot for parted out stuff.  Both have been extremely reliable.

Monkey Dep are fantastic, great for part-outs as you say, and I've also got quite a few rare/spare head sculpts (The SHCC Vampirella, both Arhians, both Red Sonjas, Painkiller Jane, Cleo) at very reasonable prices from them.

They take a while to reach me (almost a month sometimes - they come to the UK from the USA through Germany, for some bizarre reason), but they always get here in the end.

EDIT: Staying on topic, Royal Mail tracking tells me I should have one of these bodies - an S32 - by tomorrow afternoon! That's less than a week!

No mention of entering/clearing customs either, which makes me wonder if GianToy have got a domestic warehouse/outlet/distributor in the UK...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, exciting ! I’m both curious and weirdly nervous to know how it turns out.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GeeWillikers wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Giantoy and Monkey Depot have become my two favorite dealers. Giantoy for figures and head sculpts, Monkey depot for parted out stuff.  Both have been extremely reliable.

Monkey Dep are fantastic, great for part-outs as you say, and I've also got quite a few rare/spare head sculpts (The SHCC Vampirella, both Arhians, both Red Sonjas, Painkiller Jane, Cleo) at very reasonable prices from them.

They take a while to reach me (almost a month sometimes - they come to the UK from the USA through Germany, for some bizarre reason), but they always get here in the end.

EDIT: Staying on topic, Royal Mail tracking tells me I should have one of these bodies - an S32 - by tomorrow afternoon! That's less than a week!

No mention of entering/clearing customs either, which makes me wonder if GianToy have got a domestic warehouse/outlet/distributor in the UK...

Agree with all you've said about Monkey Depot. It's also where I got the parted out Tomoe head sculpt that I styled to make my Kamiko figure. I should have bought two, as I now have two Kamiko bodies, but that particular sculpt cost $59.00 US each, so I got only one. I've gotten into the habit of checking them out every day as they post updates on new arrivals every day. You have to check often because the good stuff gets snapped up quickly.

Giantoy seems to ship stuff by different methods and routes for different continents.

Adeno

I'm excited to see this body in action, it seems very beautiful! I'm gonna get one for myself when I make the money for sure Smile Hmm wonder what outfit I'll put her in. I want something "K-Poppish" so she can be the dancer of the gang (a gang that's full of mostly female warriors).

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Right, I've just received and unpacked my S32A, so these are strictly my first impressions. I'll post up some comparison pics with other models later today (hopefully).

On the whole, I'm pleased to report that I'm pleased. Smile

First off, side by side this body is no taller than TBL's 'average' body so that concern can be put to bed. Isolated, it might seem taller, but this is purely an optical illusion thanks to the longer legs, shorter arms and body and narrower shoulders. This body seems tall, but it is not skinny. I'd say this is an ideal body for characters in the 16-21 age range.

It's something of a Frankenstein's Model, as I predicted. The legs are noticeably longer than usual, but not particularly shapely (less so than say an S18/19). The upper body is basically that of an S24/25, with less 'pneumatic' breasts. The torso is toned, defined but not overly-muscular. The narrow shoulders are a little too narrow for my personal taste, and this jury is out on the arms - I'm still trying to decide if they seem too short, or not. The derriere is shapely without being overly-exaggerated. The upper and lower genital detail is surprising - I'd say that while sculpted differently the lower detailing is the most, erm, comprehensive since the S07/09. Oddly though there is no, um, 'second orifice' (I don't find that a problem myself but at the risk of seeming overly-interested, it just seems odd to explicitly detail one orifice and then not detail it's neighbour at all).

Happiest of all, I can report that the stiffness of movement (especially in the arms) that I found hampered each of the three S28/29 models in my collection is absent here. This body seems to be as flexible as usual, and more so at the neck and waist.  I'm persuaded by this to buy yet another S28/29 (from GianToy this time) in a few months or so just to check that that first batch of those wasn't defective.

Over all, I'm happy with this, and I will definitely purchase at least an S33B and perhaps more of each.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Adeno wrote:I'm excited to see this body in action, it seems very beautiful! I'm gonna get one for myself when I make the money for sure Smile Hmm wonder what outfit I'll put her in. I want something "K-Poppish" so she can be the dancer of the gang (a gang that's full of mostly female warriors).

I'm trying out poses with it now, and yes, this is definitely a dancer's body. Smile

I think the other good news is that the smaller upper body should mean it's easy enough to find outfits that will fit.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GeeWillikers wrote:Right, I've just received and unpacked my S32A, so these are strictly my first impressions. I'll post up some comparison pics with other models later today (hopefully).

On the whole, I'm pleased to report that I'm pleased. Smile

First off, side by side this body is no taller than TBL's 'average' body so that concern can be put to bed. Isolated, it might seem taller, but this is purely an optical illusion thanks to the longer legs, shorter arms and body and narrower shoulders. This body seems tall, but it is not skinny. I'd say this is an ideal body for characters in the 16-21 age range.

It's something of a Frankenstein's Model, as I predicted. The legs are noticeably longer than usual, but not particularly shapely (less so than say an S18/19). The upper body is basically that of an S24/25, with less 'pneumatic' breasts. The torso is toned, defined but not overly-muscular. The narrow shoulders are a little too narrow for my personal taste, and this jury is out on the arms - I'm still trying to decide if they seem too short, or not. The derriere is shapely without being overly-exaggerated. The upper and lower genital detail is surprising - I'd say that while sculpted differently the lower detailing is the most, erm, comprehensive since the S07/09. Oddly though there is no, um, 'second orifice' (I don't find that a problem myself but at the risk of seeming overly-interested, it just seems odd to explicitly detail one orifice and then not detail it's neighbour at all).

Happiest of all, I can report that the stiffness of movement (especially in the arms) that I found hampered each of the three S28/29 models in my collection is absent here. This body seems to be as flexible as usual, and more so at the neck and waist.  I'm persuaded by this to buy yet another S28/29 (from GianToy this time) in a few months or so just to check that that first batch of those wasn't defective.

Over all, I'm happy with this, and I will definitely purchase at least an S33B and perhaps more of each.

Thanks. for the review. i'm eager to see some photos.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, this sounds promising ... looking forward to pics !

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This does sound promising. It might even work for someone like Charlize Theron -- who often seems like she's all legs (particularly in those Dior: Jadore commercials).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B - Page 3 C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
for a second I thought they had figured a way to bring back seamless ankles and feet without the floppiness but nope... Come on TBL you can do it...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for sharing your observations/review of the body, GeeWillikers. Glad you like it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
One thing I'm curious about with this body is the neck size.... mainly because it seems the upper body is quite petite, so I'm wondering how the neck turned out, proportionately. I have to admit I never liked the neck on the s17b, as I found it a bit weirdly shaped and too thick for the body. I just wonder how they have handled the neck paired with narrow shoulders on this one...

Ovy

Ovy
Ye I thought the 'tallness' might be an optical illusion.

So what happened to s30 and s31, delayed project?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The natural light here is awful at the moment so these photos are a little iffy, but they should give you some idea. Censored for the squeamish but not too much (or too little, hopefully!) Stryker's Charlize Theron suggestion prompted me to put a Painkiller Jane h/s on the body (seeing as it's a better facial likeness than any of the 'official' CT sculpts out there). It's not a great match tone-wise, but there it is.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B - Page 3 DSCN5086a1

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B - Page 3 DSCN5091a

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B - Page 3 DSCN5094a

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B - Page 3 DSCN5114a

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B - Page 3 DSCN5116a

Height comparison with (left to right) S23B, S28A, S20A - all barefoot for accuracy as footwear obviously varies their heights.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B - Page 3 DSCN5118a

The body actually seems altogether 'chunkier' than the promo pics suggest, but personally I'm fine with that. The angle of the last batch of pics is slightly downward, too, so that probably plays into that perception (and yes, the neck and wrists do look a little fat).

Interestingly, in all of these pics the body looks more like a taller S24/25 than it does in hand.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the comparison pics. It looks pretty good. I guess the neck and wrist issue isn’t going to go away anytime soon.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, interesting. NOT what I was expecting at all based on the pics, but I am liking the look of it so far. 

Thank you for the comparison pics, they greatly assist in giving an idea of what to expect.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks quite good. The neck articulation, at least, is apparently an improvement; the look at the wrists (due to the way the silicone is molded) remains an issue as before. Thanks for the photos.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Thanks for the pics. I'll be ordering one myself just as soon as I have a bit more moolah to waste on such things.

Adeno

Oh, definitely a body with nice form! I think it'll really fit asian headsculpts nicely as well in order to create your own pop group like this one Smile The lady being focused on, named Aisha from the Everglow group, seems to have a similar figure as with this TBLeague body.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote: I guess the neck and wrist issue isn’t going to go away anytime soon.

To be honest, with the wrists - and to a lesser extent here the ankles - if anything it's worse than usual as there is no tapering of the lower arms toward the wrist with this model. At least on most older models they made an attempt at it even if it didn't convince entirely, but they don't seem to be bothering at all here. I don't know if it's a design choice or a moulding problem due to the shortness of the arm and/or thickness of the skin, but it's the aspect of this model I'm least pleased with. The skin certainly seems thicker over all though (when bending the elbow the skeleton is less visible than usual) so that might be a factor too.

As usual these are problems that TBL will probably address with a second edition if you're prepared to wait that long (and if it even bothers you in the first place). The second edition S20a, S22a and S23b are certainly different to the first runs of those models.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum