OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

rollotomasi

@GeeWillikers - Thanks to your posts, I've decided to order one S33B for a bash in mind.
I just want to know if your S32A feet are the regular-sized ones (same as S16 through S23)? Or are they the larger feet like the S28A/S29B?

GeeWillikers

rollotomasi wrote:@GeeWillikers - Thanks to your posts, I've decided to order one S33B for a bash in mind.
I just want to know if your S32A feet are the regular-sized ones (same as S16 through S23)? Or are they the larger feet like the S28A/S29B?

I'm pretty sure they're the regular ones - they're definitely not the larger 28/29 ones, anyway. The pegs are also regular sized.

I've not had any further problems with mine by the way. Smile

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Thanks for the info. Bummer that my local stores aren't carrying S32A & S33B, so i can check the skintone compatibility with my heads on the spot, probably because they got stuck with a bunch of S28/S29's.

dtny16

dtny16
I just received my S33B body a few days ago. It's my first body so I am unable to put pictures of comparison between the S33B and other bodies.

I hope the pictures are censored enough to adhere to forum rules about posting pictures. I will still tag it "not safe for work".

I present you S33B:

The imgur album can be found here : PHMB2019-S33B

The body seem to be coated with a white powder, which I presume to help keep the silicone flesh from turning into a sticky mess.

As this is my first body, I'd like to ask for advice on how to properly care for it. For now the body will sit in storage until November where the clothes and head sculpt are estimated to arrive.

Thanks in advance!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
dtny16 wrote:I just received my S33B body a few days ago. It's my first body so I am unable to put pictures of comparison between the S33B and other bodies.

The body seem to be coated with a white powder, which I presume to help keep the silicone flesh from turning into a sticky mess.

As this is my first body, I'd like to ask for advice on how to properly care for it. For now the body will sit in storage until November where the clothes and head sculpt are estimated to arrive.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the powder is supposed to keep the body from being too sticky and from getting worn or damaged. You should add more after prolonged or intensive handling, if you feel it is starting to get tacky. You can use silicone finishing powder or starch or baby powder -- they all apparently make do. We really ought to have a thread or tutorial all about taking care of these bodies, but that info is scattered around various topics and posts. I'd store the body in a Hefty or Ziplock bag together with its accessories and the little silica pack to keep things dry -- seems to work for me anyway.

The more comprehensive reviews of TBLeague bodies do include the basic pointers, for example:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t247-tbleague-phicen-m35-updated-photo-heavy (the actual review starts in Post 14, and the most relevant section is "Things to watch out for").

Hope this helps.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
dtny16 wrote:I just received my S33B body a few days ago. It's my first body so I am unable to put pictures of comparison between the S33B and other bodies.

I hope the pictures are censored enough to adhere to forum rules about posting pictures. I will still tag it "not safe for work".

I present you S33B:

The imgur album can be found here : PHMB2019-S33B

Thanks in advance!

That is exactly right about the powder. As Gubernatorfan said, you will have to reapply some from time to time. I do it often because I handle the bodies a lot and they get dirty as a result, needing some amount of cleaning. I use corn starch, which is cheap and plentiful and apply the powder with soft makeup brushes, so I advise you to get yourself one or two of these in different sizes. This will help with the application enormously.

dtny16

dtny16
GubernatorFan wrote:... add more after prolonged or intensive handling, if you feel it is starting to get tacky. You can use silicone finishing powder or starch or baby powder -- they all apparently make do ... I'd store the body in a Hefty or Ziplock bag together with its accessories and the little silica pack to keep things dry -- seems to work for me anyway.

The more comprehensive reviews of TBLeague bodies do include the basic pointers, for example:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t247-tbleague-phicen-m35-updated-photo-heavy (the actual review starts in Post 14, and the most relevant section is "Things to watch out for").

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:That is exactly right about the powder. As Gubernatorfan said, you will have to reapply some from time to time.  I do it often because I handle the bodies a lot and they get dirty as a result, needing some amount of cleaning.  I use corn starch, which is cheap and plentiful and apply the powder with soft makeup brushes, so I advise you to get yourself one or two of these in different sizes. This will help with the application enormously.

Thanks for the quick response GubernatorFan and The PhotogsBlog! From what I read, it seems fairly simple to care for these bodies. My takeaway :

1. Apply powder (with soft brush) whenever tacky or if regularly posed.
  2. No extreme poses for too long.
  3. Clothes will likely stain if committed to a outfit/look.
  4. Store with silica gel to keep figure dry and lasting.

Now to wait for my HS and clothing set. Can't wait to pose it!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You can put clothes on them long-term. You just need to soak them in a Vinegar/water bath (or a color-stay/water bath) for 24 hours, a soap/water bath, and then a rinse. Lay them out on a paper towel to dry — if any color leaches out onto the paper - repeat the above steps.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B - Page 5 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like Stryker wrote above, clothes are not necessarily a problem -- and if they are, you can try the vinegar bath method he outlined. The issue is more specifically with darker-colored items that were not properly treated (of course one usually finds out about that when the damage is done). So I'm wary of using black and dark blue cloth on the body without checking first. Pleather is a common culprit -- here I'm not sure any of it is safe, though most plastic proper pieces are. If you do get a stain, don't panic. A couple of gentle baths with soap and water (remember to reapply protective powder after treatment) a couple of days apart usually do the trick. It is also possible that the silicone flesh will absorb the stain over time, to the point where it no longer appears visible. We have a thread on fighting staining and cleaning these (and other) bodies:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t215-staining-and-cleaning-continuously-updated (note also the dye fixative advice in post 7)

If you are committed to a permanent look, it will probably make much less of a difference -- though to me it is a matter of principle -- or fear of commitment. Wink

Hope this helps.

dtny16

dtny16
Stryker2011 wrote:You can put clothes on them long-term. You just need to soak them in a Vinegar/water bath (or a color-stay/water bath) for 24 hours, a soap/water bath, and then a rinse. Lay them out on a paper towel to dry — if any color leaches out onto the paper - repeat the above steps.

Actually I PO'd i8-C002 Furisode Clothing Set w HS, due to arrive in November. There's quite a lot of colour in that set! I don't know if vinegar/water bath is recommended for it.

GubernatorFan wrote:...If you do get a stain, don't panic. A couple of gentle baths with soap and water (remember to reapply protective powder after treatment) a couple of days apart usually do the trick. It is also possible that the silicone flesh will absorb the stain over time, to the point where it no longer appears visible.

If you are committed to a permanent look, it will probably make much less of a difference -- though to me it is a matter of principle -- or fear of commitment. Wink

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the in-depth advice! I'd say I'm quite committed to the look already (despite haven't actually gotten the whole thing). If it means avoiding the daunting task of cleaning off stains from the body, I'd likely do vinegar/water bath to get the thing over with.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Vinegar/water should be okay with that. It's not a 1:1 ratio with the vinegar; more like 1:3 vinegar to water. Make sure the clothing stays submerged (might mave to put a spoon or something on the clothing to make sure it stays under water). I do this all the time with my stuff (including black pleather), and I've never had an issue. Each soak (vinger/water & soap/water) should be at least 24 hours. You can rinse pretty thoroughly under the tap without having to soak it again. Wring out the water as much as possible and smooth out onto the paper towel -- wrinkles should disappear as it dries.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: [High-heeled slender] TBLeague: 1/6 rubberized super movable long-legged narrow shoulder female body - a total of two S32A & S33B - Page 5 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum