OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Ovy

Thanks Gubr!

The head sculpt is called km 16-92. Km is for kumik I guess.
https://www.kesavamall.com/kumik-16-scale-male-head-sculpt-carving-model-km1691-f-12039039-action-figure-toy-p-598177.htm

I now have all the head sculpts (for now, ha, ha..:/)

I got a ym toys head with 'real' (or unsculpted, rooted, whatever) hair. It looks like that on the promo pics.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 10_6437d1fd-0aed-4b7b-a5ad-9e4b4f007f27_700x700

It looked like that when it arrived...
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 JxL8M9n
It has no texture at all, one plain skin tone like color and lazy red lips. But I guess that all might be intentional. A nearly blank canvas with eyes and primer, or something like that. (...)

I hoped I would get around painting heads but we'll why not? I used my humble face painting skills from my 1/12 stormtroopers, added some shading and freckle texture.  That's the third time I toned down red lips I guess. (Jovovichs blood red lips where toned down too as you might have noticed in the previous posts) So is there anyone with a link about 1/6 hair styling? Does it depend on the material? Water and styling gel? How to make braids? A lot to learn...
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 Xwp2rcT

Added a headband for style and a bead for testing. The hair became a bit frizzy when handling. But I guess she can sell that post apocalyptic Mediterranean look now, what do you think?
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 HJkRVJZ

ThePhotogsBlog

I like where you are going with this.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the link, just ordered one.

She looks good, even if not exactly like the promotional photo, and you have certainly found a way of integrating her with your intended look. Photogsblog posted on artificial hair manipulation HERE. My experience is with tibetan lamb hair, which is different (there the trick is to apply some shampoo + conditioner, slightly diluted in water); that's what I've been doing with Fireman Chad, for example.

Ovy

Ovy
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I like where you are going with this.  
Thanks, it's a journey.

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the link, just ordered one.

She looks good, even if not exactly like the promotional photo, and you have certainly found a way of integrating her with your intended look. Photogsblog posted on artificial hair manipulation HERE. My experience is with tibetan lamb hair, which is different (there the trick is to apply some shampoo + conditioner, slightly diluted in water); that's what I've been doing with Fireman Chad, for example.
Has your Hunndy arrived yet? Mine had some eye glaze on the lid, but otherwise good product.
And thanks for all the hair tips you two.

I think I finished her weapon. I think it's more axe than sword. But can also be used as a spade.

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 40klTOj

As you can see I also experimented with beads for fancyness.
Which cony shell on the end? It's like building your own lightsaber but much, much cheaper.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 UjSdejl

She is quite proud.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 1Dxpngi

*Primal predatory roar* More beads also, used some to keep the shoulder shell in place.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 Hs6fB5O

That blade is very shiny.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 VSEotTR

The next one will be the spear for the guy. Glueing driftwood together etc.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 IvQ4tG4

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the weapon, including the beads for fanciness' sake. Smile

"Hundy" hasn't arrived yet -- still in the process of getting shipped from China by the looks of it -- but now he has a name Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool looking weapon. Nice touch with all the different elements.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:I like the weapon, including the beads for fanciness' sake. Smile

"Hundy" hasn't arrived yet -- still in the process of getting shipped from China by the looks of it -- but now he has a name Smile

Yes those beads also serve as 'filler' for the little necklace shells. I like to imagine those matte/frosty transparent beads are made from old glass found in the sand.
My first attempt was much more colorful. I eliminated the red later because it was too dominant.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 87ZfZOR

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool looking weapon. Nice touch with all the different elements.
Cheers! While I like painting things, it's much more convenient to use the right materials from the start, if that's possible. Works especially good with 'natural' stuff I guess. I wouldn't be able to paint wood like that, or the blade.

Spear/Harpoon now has a tip. I don't know how useful or balanced something like that would be in real life, photogsblogs shark teeth idea might make more sense. But it can always have a ritualistic or religious function. Or used as a club.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 E9rv6ge

I will add some fancyness later of course.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 NydKyzI

And now also with a shield. I used elastic beaded bands to keep that heavy thing in place, still experimenting. I am not sure if to glue something like straps on the backside.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 TfMYpSJ

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 87ZfZOR

He is not the only one with a shield.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 HJ07LFi

Step forward pls
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 07Tl0pj

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 7Pd39Jc

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PF8YTG8

As you see, both shields are from the same broken shell piece. And the blade of the weapon, too. I don't want to break shells intentionally, but when they break there is often much potential in the shards.

Those two found this hard to obtain shell in dangerous water and hauled it to the beach together. When they had a fight over it, it broke in two. They had a laugh and now have arranged with that.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 RH84BA4

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
At one point I was skeptical about shell shields, but they worked out great. And how cool that they are fragments of the same shell, giving you the opportunity to come up with that back story. The male warrior is coming along very nicely and the spear looks great. I also notice the effective way you have covered up all the joints on that body, giving it an apparent seamless look.

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks! Yes, a complete shell shield might be a bit too big or more fitting for an army with a shieldwall.
And yes, I have some kind of joint hiding OCD it seems. But I think I will get him a tbleague M31 or M33 ( I also reread your reviews. Now I can tell all the differences Very Happy) and use this body for someone, a forest guy maybe, with more clothing. While the upper body is textured and colored, everything below the belly is in a plain color, intended for long trousers I guess. The naked feet are also not that good for stability.

For the future, I think I might have to split the thread. Now that the 'concept phase is over for the shell people, I am preparing for the other factions/states/peoples and rethought what materials are used for each.

Shell people - shells, driftwood, thin fabric in natural colours, natural/grass-like looking strings, beads. I am experimenting with fish leather, but not yet pleased with the results. I don't buy that much fish with it's skin still attached.

Masked forest dwellers - leather in natural tones, wood/sticks, mulch, moss, resin, fur, small animal bones/skulls ( made from polymer clay, maybe some real skulls for mutated giant birds if I stumble upon them.

Tribes of North Africa - beads and fabrics in bright colours, painted metal plates (or plasticard or worbla resembling metal), wood, feathers, fur, leather, maybe insect parts

Cargo States - they are the jokers of it all. As the two characters I want to make are travelers and traders, they might use all the materials provided by the other people. They also have more old world equipment from cargo containers, quarantine stations and army bases. So also jewelry, wrist watches, rubber, old world clothing, some European 'modern military' stuff etc.

And a small shell people update, one of the sea urchins broke. New opportunities.

I drilled some holes into them and used them as protection for the hands and knee.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 Fjj2lyP

It magically fits into the place between the knuckles.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 Ow1GeTC

You don't want that knee in your face, now less than ever.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 InA9Bg9

Or that backhand.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 GnfJoPP

And another update. I think a popular weapon in Post-European Mediterria might be a sling. I watched two YouTube videos to learn more about it, quite interesting.
I want to give those two crafty slingers some credit here.
https://youtu.be/28r-MQejnHg
https://youtu.be/JhkwNg_qBd8

Leather and flexible string.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 9AF0DVc

I will have to find a nice round stone. I wanted to keep it simple, but added the pearl for some personality.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 C6c0ISN

Is that s typical slinger pose? I don't know. Looks cool enough. I think a sling fits her better than a club. Also some decent hairstyling.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 YBOrv0r

The string can be stretched to a degree, but if I want to make spinning poses, I might have to use wire.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 9GY2NXG

If you are out of stones, use sea shells.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 UhTUsvp

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOVE what you have been doing with these! The weapons are coming along nicely and that hairstyling looks gorgeous. The overall aesthetic so far is very pleasing -- thanks for sharing. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the progress. Very inventive use of silver lining with the broken shells (I'm surprised more shells haven't gotten broken in the process). Fish skin/scales? I can only hope they don't stink. Smile The sling and the slinger pose both look excellent to me.

PS I would advise you spare yourself the grief of using an M31, but then again maybe the batches available today are less problem-ridden.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Gah, I absolutely adore what you’re coming up with here, especially that shiny spear and shields! <3 The necklaces are gorgeous too!

My only criticism is, as an owner of boobs, the shell bikini makes me cringe a bit because you’d have virtually no comfortable movement in it, as the bottom of the shells are far too low and you’d end up jabbing yourself in the ribs every time you leaned forwards! Laughing
Nice concept but I think she’d be far more comfortable in one with smaller shells, unless you adapted it as part of a less flexible breastplate or something.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Love the concept and the execution. There is a beach near my mother-in-law's house called "Shelly Beach", which consists of more sea shells than sand. It is therapeutic to sit in one spot and sort through handfuls of shells thinking of neat things to make from them.

54[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 Empty M31 and M33 upgrade Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:18 am

Ovy

Ovy
skywalkersaga wrote:LOVE what you have been doing with these! The weapons are coming along nicely and that hairstyling looks gorgeous. The overall aesthetic so far is very pleasing -- thanks for sharing. Smile
Thanks for viewing and enjoying!

GubernatorFan wrote:I like the progress. Very inventive use of silver lining with the broken shells (I'm surprised more shells haven't gotten broken in the process). Fish skin/scales? I can only hope they don't stink. Smile The sling and the slinger pose both look excellent to me.

PS I would advise you spare yourself the grief of using an M31, but then again maybe the batches available today are less problem-ridden.
Thank you Guv. You remove all the scales from the skin, rinse it off, let it rest in a mix of soap, egg yolk and plant oil for 24 hours and rinse it of again, then a lot of kneading. The one test I made left it very stiff. I didn't knead it that muchh. Some people use leather balm or just fat afterwards, this might help the next time. Neutral to no smell.
Fish leather has a nice look, a little bit transparent and with a scale pattern, just Google it, the Inuit made nice jackets and trousers from it.
It's a big thing being rediscovered now. In Kenia at least.

And concerning the M31, too late! xD I had no problems yet, but what kind of problems are to be expected?

Lynkhart wrote:Gah, I absolutely adore what you’re coming up with here, especially that shiny spear and shields! <3 The necklaces are gorgeous too!

My only criticism is, as an owner of boobs, the shell bikini makes me cringe a bit because you’d have virtually no comfortable movement in it, as the bottom of the shells are far too low and you’d end up jabbing yourself in the ribs every time you leaned forwards! Laughing
Nice concept but I think she’d be far more comfortable in one with smaller shells, unless you adapted it as part of a less flexible breastplate or something.
Thanks! And of course I share your concern about the comfortability. I am not too happy either and still experimenting. The 'modular' look like in the concept picture didn't work because I don't have the right shells. At least the two parts are moveable and resting on a fabric padding, I also tried distributing the weight with strings.
What I want to try now, using those shell pieces here, and turn the other piece into a padded plate protecting the abdomen.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 HAu78YV

shazzdan wrote:Love the concept and the execution. There is a beach near my mother-in-law's house called "Shelly Beach", which consists of more sea shells than sand. It is therapeutic to sit in one spot and sort through handfuls of shells thinking of neat things to make from them.
Thanks a lot. And that's a beautiful picture you create there. I think I will use the hundreds of left shells for a beach diorama, with a little sand and a single Shellian just sitting there.

And here are the new bodies. I think the black bearded charismatic Revolutionary looks better with the more slender M31(sounds like something you would shoot from a gunship), while the bigger, blonde bearded head is better with the M33 (sounds like some tank) beefcake body. He is wielding a fkng armblade shield, after all. He has a headband now, making him look like a war reporter who is into Joseph Conrad and has crashlanded on a planet dominated by primates.

No armor on them yet, I will rework them and replace strings with flexible rubber strings.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 SqaCBeD

I have seen Gubs review pictures, but still I was surprised how
Unmatching the color of the hands and feet actually is. I will cover all the joints, but maybe some paint has to be used too. And yes, nipple painting successful.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 M2eLXrV

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the explanation about fish skin. And kudos for how adventurous you're willing to get in the name of the perfect kitbash.

M31... well, there you have it, it makes do and really easy to clothe, compared to most other TBLeague bodies -- of course here you don't have that much to put on it. My issues with it (most of them after my initial M30-M31 review, so not really covered in it) were that in a few cases the wrist pegs became loose and remained extra loose after re-attaching (while partly or potentially damaging the silicone "skin" during repair), the poor look to the elbows when flexed, and the somewhat odd sculpting on the front (for example, nipples too high on the chest) -- as opposed to the nicely sculpted back side. By the way, good job with the nipple paint -- oil pastel? The partial mismatch between the silicone "skin" and the harder plastic hands and feet (and third party heads) depends in part on the light and camera. It is not really very stark, but sometimes it is fairly apparent.

I got to ask... what happened to Milla's lips and is it part of the plot? Smile

Ovy

Ovy
What happened to Millais lips? She bit them because of all the new manly loincloths.
No, I just did not seal the color I painted on the red glossy lips and some of it was scratched off by a shell mask test.

I tried out what you said about the elbows. Left side yay, right side nay. So I had to hide it with wrapping on the right arm.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-223240

The Revolutionator has a new loincloth! I learned so much about loincloth folding and loincloth types and loincloth history the last days, you don't want to know. And le nipples were just painted with acrylics. My olde Citadel acrylics from Games Workshop. I used light fleshcolor and reddish brown, mixed, shaded and highlighted.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-223423

A wrapping for M31. And the beefy hardman now sports a sexy dark loincloth too. The M33 came with double/triple manliness, so he gave one to M31.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-223545

All bodies from my shopping spree (not showing m36) are now here. I tried my only Jiaou one (right, wheat) on the Rev and compared it to M31 (left). I still think the m31 fits better/has more character. And it's not so light.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-224308

90% of my work time is spent on strange experiments which sometimes result in an Eureka. And yes that's Gym Jeff Bridges wearing a sea urchin.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-224101

I intended to use it as a mask, but also works as a fancy hat/turban
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-224200

The reason I got a Jeff head, I want to use it on a forest man. Tom Hunnmy and Jeff Bridges on one of the old cheap bodies + lazy leather experimenting.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-223647

And here an early Cargonite with Speznas Kevlar vest and Katana. I have great plans with this one. The pants will be upgraded to white stripe tracksuit pants. The vest will become fancy. And the head....I ordered a very special one. So special. You won't guess. I hope it will be as glorious as intended. So much fun in my head.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-223823

A little experimenting: shell plate upgrade, extra padding, fancy Boba Fett like cloth strip and a little sea urchin shard for the shoulder.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-223851

And finally, M33 armed.

Some drilling, some rubber thread.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-225639

I liked the look when covering the joints in the unseamless....seamfull? first body. So I redesigned and gave him a Bad Boy Stola (BBS).
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-225229

Hey I'm walking here!
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-225252

Feelin' lucky seapunk?
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-225310

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190808-225447

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You're definitely having plenty of fun with these. How nice that M33 was willing to share manliness with M31! LOL I don't know what TBLeague was thinking when they omitted that part of the packaging (all puns intended) for M31, but I do recall it created a short-lived (I think) opportunity for someone to produce more of the appropriate packages and sell them separately. Of course now you also have a Jiaou body, and that comes even more armed and operational in that respect.

It was interesting to see the difference between the left and right flexed arms on the M31 -- I wonder if they are all different, although now that I think of it, it was the right one that disappointed me in the first place. Are you wrist pegs secure after swapping hands? Be careful.

I am rather surprised the acrylic worked on the nipples (were you blasting it with a hair dryer to make it dry before it could crawl off?). Maybe you want it to be temporary and reversible; anyway, if it flakes off you know what to do: oil pastel (make yourself a little hole "stencil" in a piece of thin cardboard and apply through that).

Anyway, I think most of your bandages and hand wraps, etc., work remarkably well, and Milla's seashell armor is a thing to behold. If I were you, I would increase or add more of a flap in front on the male loin cloths. For what it is worth, I think the revolutionary head works pretty well with this Jiaou body in terms of skin tone. But yes, that body has a little less "character." Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks! Yes some more 'Milla' following. I really have to give them names, but not sure yet how they will sound. I will mix the Italic Romance languages with some Greek, Serbo-Croatian and maybe a bit of Turkish.
Until now, no problems with the wrist pegs, but I'm extra careful. And about those Jiaou Snakes - wtf? Can't they just relax a bit? 😄

And yes I will get some oil pastels the next time I have the opportunity, but the Acrylics worked just fine. They dry very fast. Faster than the Vallejo ones, at least. Might be because they were made for wargaming.

I gave the Revolutionary hero person a kufiya. Now, he is Che of Arabia. Reminds me a bit of that Laibach-Singer, if anyone knows him.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190810-204108

And 'Milla' also got a new headscarf and a new top. 'Casual' clothing for sunny windy days.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190810-203634

The padding and better strings help with crunching.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190810-203759

I like a mix of many materials and cluttering. Making progress.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190810-203345

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190810-203358

The shell can be worn in many ways.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190810-203433

But finally, I had to make a hole or a slit for the eyes. I wanted to leave it as faceless as possible. I decided to drill holes with the option of connecting them into a slit. Two holes looked too much like a face, four were better but six did the trick. Also work as air holes when worn a head.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190810-203541

STOP, stranger! Now who could that mysterious man in dark black shells be? Do you recognize the head sculpt? I will reveal it in an extra Cargonite Post, I think. Smile
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190810-210407

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OMG, Che of Arabia is looking fantastic -- well, they both are! I was not expecting the headdresses, but they look really awesome. I really do love the texture of those grandma's stockings you are using, lol, I need to find me some of those. Razz

And 'Jiaou snakes'...lmao. Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some really interesting adjustments and upgrades. You’re really on a roll for this group.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Che of Arabia... well played Sir, well played. Smile But if you are going to go so far south and east for cultural inspiration, you might have to cover up all that exposed skin (yes, I know, belly dancers -- but those were only for the interior of the harem).

The additional details, items, and transformations are all excellent (Milla's sideways shell hat is positively high fashion!), but I am still recovering from that Laibach video.

Ovy

Ovy
skywalkersaga wrote:OMG, Che of Arabia is looking fantastic -- well, they both are! I was not expecting the headdresses, but they look really awesome. I really do love the texture of those grandma's stockings you are using, lol, I need to find me some of those. Razz

And 'Jiaou snakes'...lmao. Laughing

Thanks a lot! And I also didn't plan headdresses of that kind, but 80% of the Shell People is experimenting I guess.

I think I found a cheap way to acquire the grandma stocking material - I bought new shoes today and noticed the material of those disposable try-on socks they had there is very similar. A bit shorter, of course. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0084DWAQW/ref=cts_sh_2_vtp?ie=UTF8&pi=SL110&dpPl=1&dpID=51hAY6HVbLL

And yes, very excited snakes. I don't know what to do with all of those, maybe give them bright funny colours and let the Cargonites use them as blunt weapons.

Stryker2011 wrote:Some really interesting adjustments and upgrades. You’re really on a roll for this group.
Thank you!

GubernatorFan wrote:Che of Arabia... well played Sir, well played. Smile But if you are going to go so far south and east for cultural inspiration, you might have to cover up all that exposed skin (yes, I know, belly dancers -- but those were only for the interior of the harem).

The additional details, items, and transformations are all excellent (Milla's sideways shell hat is positively high fashion!), but I am still recovering from that Laibach video.

Thanks a lot, and you are right, that cruel mask is surprisingly fashionable!
I don't know yet if or how I will include the people of the Middle East. At least the forest dwellers will be very covered up by cultural and historical reasons I will elaborate on in...some weeks maybe. xD
But the Northern Africans won't be very covered up. While the m36 body will come in very handy for that project, where are the dark skinned females? I didn't finde a single headsculpt, not even African American superstars? And I guess I will have to use those oil pastels for a body.

And I am not sure yet about religions. Islam might be strong enough to survive the apocalypse in some way, but I think it will be local, ethnic religions mostly. The sea spirits and the tree ghosts, roughly. And for the Cargonites, a crazy materialistic mix of Eastern Orthodox Church, feminism, Marian devotion, advertising and pop culture.

And about Laibach....I know that video for some years now and still haven't recovered from it!
Also, I don't know if North Korea will ever recover from Laibach, here is an interesting, absurd article about North Korea's first Rock concert:
https://www.huckmag.com/art-and-culture/film-2/north-korea-laibach/

And now some outdoor test shots. I went to Corsica for a short weekend trip as you can see.

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205309

Some nice little shells here and there...
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205329

There was an Art project going on there, they built a gigantic black window to make the coast look like a picture in a calender!
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205627

...this was planned. To get sand on his chest for more realism.
[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205344

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205558

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205738

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205756

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205818

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205857

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205927

[11/7/19] Eurocalypse: Mediterran Mega Update pt. 4 of 4(!) - Page 3 PSX-20190812-205949

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum