OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“Hey! I’ve got so many more stories to tell.”

Marvel legend Stan Lee, makes a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 just as he’s done in every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie! In his scene, which takes place on a planetoid called Xander, Stan Lee is surrounded by members of the Watchers, the ancient race who observe everything happening in the universe and who occasionally meddle in it despite a strict non-interference policy.

Often credited with transforming the industry forever, Stan The Man was an American comic book writer best known for his work with Marvel Comics. Today, Hot Toys proudly presents Stan Lee in the latest 1/6th scale collectible figure inspired by his cameo appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 as one of this year’s Toy Fair Exclusive items only available in selected markets!

The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of Stan Lee in the movie. Featuring a newly painted head sculpt with stunning likeness, a meticulously tailored costume featuring Stan Lee’s yellow space-suit in the movie, a pair of glasses, a specially designed rock-themed diorama figure stand with intricate stone details and a specially designed space backdrop with lenticular effect inspired by the movie scene when Rocket and Groot are Space-Traveling above Stan Lee and the Watchers!

Reserve a spot for this remarkable Stan Lee figure. His inevitable cameo is way more awesome than you realize!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS545
PRODUCT NAMESTAN LEE®
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 31 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESA YELLOW SPACE SUIT WITH SOPHISTICATEDLY APPLIED WEATHERING EFFECTS, DETACHABLE HELMET AND LIFE SUPPORTING BACKPACK
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY WOO CHUL, JI
HEAD PAINTED BY E-LEE & JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Stan Lee® Collectible Figure specially features:

- Newly painted head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Stan Lee in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Highly accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, moustache, and skin texture
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable yellow colored gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of opened hands
- One (1) pair of gesturing hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) finely crafted yellow space suit with sophisticatedly applied weathering effects, detachable helmet and life supporting backpack
- One (1) pair of yellow colored space suit pants with weathering effects
- One (1) pair of yellow and grey colored boots

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of framed sunglasses
- One (1) movie-inspired space themed backdrop
- Specially designed rock themed diorama figure stand with intricate stone details

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Woo Chul, Ji
- Head Painted by E-Lee & JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q4,2019 – Q1, 2020

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

Stan Lee® POW! Entertainment, LLC, licensed by POW! Entertainment, Inc., all rights reserved.
© 2019 Marvel.
© 2019 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1909
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2369
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3269
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4245
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5236
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6227
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7219
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8206
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9194
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10181
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11175
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12159
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13148
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14132

#newproduct #HotToys #StanLee #GuardiansoftheGalaxy2 #movie #Marvel #MCU #comicbook #male

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have a feeling this is going to push $300 — but I really like this. A fine tribute to the Legend, and great that he can fit in the collection as a “character”.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool set, although substantially less iconic than the other Stan Lee looks that have received a 1/6 rendition. I do love this set, though I suspect if I wanted a Stan I would try to get one of the others.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Up on Sideshow — $274!!

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, even though I have the Comics Legend figure, I had POd this one, as well. He’s expected to be to my house on Tuesday. Definitely going in my Guardians collection.

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome grab Mark! I'm still waiting for Gamorra if she ever gets released lol... Can't wait to see your space Stan in action with Quill and the rest of the crew!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unboxing pics (the first one isn't mine -- it's from the Freaks board -- for some reason I remember taking a phone pic of the cool packaging, but I lost it in the shuffle to get things onto my computer; so, I borrowed the first photo from member Tesla619):

I'm not normally a collector of boxes (though I will often keep some of the box art if it looks cool), I just don't have the space to keep all that. But, this container for Stan is pretty cool. I like how they re-created the look of a peg hanger -- though due to the weight, they'd have to be really durable pegs.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_3410
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8135
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8134
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8137

The box color matches the color of the space suit Stan is wearing perfectly:

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8138
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8136

The backdrop is one of those lenticular deals -- though not sure I was able to capture it all that well -- and it's big (it won't fit into a Detolf if that's all you have -- too tall):

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8141
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8139
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8140

The rock chair looks nice enough, but it's a little disappointing in that it's just cheap hollow rubber/plastic (feels like a Rubber Ducky). For what this cost, I expect better.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8144
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8143

No shoe box style for this. Removable sleeve to reveal a window box, nothing fancy. The interior has the usual single tray and cover to keep everything in place. Not a lot of extras (the two-part helmet -- be careful, it's just cheap plastic, similar to stuff we had as kids -- his space-age sunglasses and two extra pairs of hands -- though the relaxed pair is so similar to the ones the figure comes wearing, I wonder why they didn't give us something else).

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8142
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8145
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8146
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8148
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8149

The suit is well made, and, depending on the light, is either orange or yellow looking -- though it's really a bit of both.

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8147
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8150
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8152
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8151

The underlying body feels pretty good, but the suit is super restrictive (it was a pain in the butt to get him to sit the way I wanted to, and it still isn't completely to my satisfaction). All of the photos so far are without a flash -- the last one is, to demonstrate how different the suit color can look).

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8154
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8153
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 STAN LEE® 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8155

One of my friends passed away yesterday, so I haven't had time to take photos of him with the rest of the Guardians. I'll get to it when I can.

blackpool

blackpool
Thanks a lot for sharing these Mark, he's definitely handsome and so iconic, even with this suit restrictions, you managed to get him into a very "stan the man" pose!

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, thoughts to the family and friends circle.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm sorry for your loss, Mark.
Stan looks great.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Thanks a lot for sharing these Mark, he's definitely handsome and so iconic, even with this suit restrictions, you managed to get him into a very "stan the man" pose!

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, thoughts to the family and friends circle.

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm sorry for your loss, Mark.
Stan looks great.

Thanks, fellas. Stan is cool looking, and though the Woo Toys, and the first HT Stan are more iconic, I love that they made this as one of his cameos. I think this, or the Pervy Old Man from the first Guardians, are probably the most fun of all of his appearances.

And thanks for the well-wishes.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I'm sorry for your loss, Mark.

Excellent looking set, love the yellow space suit!
Too bad about the rubbery rock base. Better put a piece of plastic cling wrap on the seat for precaution,
don't trust those rubber parts, gets sticky in time.
Would be cool to see custom 1/6 Watchers to keep him company.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:I'm sorry for your loss, Mark.

Excellent looking set, love the yellow space suit!
Too bad about the rubbery rock base. Better put a piece of plastic cling wrap on the seat for precaution,
don't trust those rubber parts, gets sticky in time.
Would be cool to see custom 1/6 Watchers to keep him company.

Thanks, Rollotomasi.

Good tip about the cling wrap, I didn’t even think of that. Some Watchers — other than on the backdrop — would be cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum