OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Horse Tack

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Horse Tack Empty Horse Tack Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:48 am

Delanie

Delanie
My first attempt at a Head Collar or Halter

Jewels was anxious to try it on her horse

Horse Tack ZmGnA9h
Horse Tack Q7bfmwE
Horse Tack W2YZCNW
Horse Tack LJM0MmP

2Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:39 am

Ovy

Ovy
Looks very perfect to me! Great work.

What kind of belt buckles are the ones above the ring, rectangles with a single bar in the middle?

3Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:56 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Metal & Leatherwork ! The Lady reminds me at Jennifer Heart Smile

4Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:30 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This turned out great. Nice job!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Horse Tack C8485110

5Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know next to nothing about equestrian equipment, but it looks great to me. Beautiful character and horse too!

6Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Delanie

Delanie
The harness came as a kit from

https://www.riorondo.com/

I have bought enough other bits and pieces (no pun intended) to have a go at an English bridle having practiced on their kit .

I will say that even though it comes as a kit i.e. buckles rings and connectors and the leather lace, there is no cutting list as each horse model is different however I found the instruction pamphlet quite helpful.

The buckles and fittings are really sturdy and I suspect they could be used to make scale belts for figures. My one misgiving is the usual one of having to add another £12 to the bill thanks to the Royal mail/ HM taxes

7Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:12 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It looks excellent! Thanks for taking the plunge and trying out this kit , it’s great to see how it turned out. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:39 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Wow, that came out great! Looks spot on!

9Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Now for the bridle.
This is not a kit I'm scratch building it from leather laces and fittings

So first off we have the nose band the coin is for comparison and its a British 5 pence roughly equivalent to a us Dime in size.

Horse Tack XAuUWiN

after that i went on to the brow band and the head piece

Horse Tack ZFcHQy8

Horse Tack QQaWVrI

I'm making the cheek pieces next so I thought I'll need a Bit to base it on even though I can't use it on Cinnamon

Horse Tack 7MmnNI1

I haven't finished it yet and it will need tidying up and the reins fitting but thought you guys might be interested in my progress.

I'm really enjoying making this and was kind of wondering if anyone had suggestions of a scale saddle English style ?

I'll post a picture or several of the completed bridle.

10Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good so far, Delanie. Nice commitment to accuracy.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Horse Tack C8485110

11Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:47 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, wow, I'm loving it, Delanie! It's looking very impressive so far! And Cinnamon is beautiful in it. <3

Wish I could make some specific suggestions for English saddles in the UK, but I really am not all that familiar with the model horse world here. There is sometimes 1/6 tack available on ebay here, but it varies in terms of quality/accuracy.

12Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Thanks guys what I'd really like is a pattern or something like so i could make my own, but might be complicated and expensive if i get it wrong

13Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:45 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks great and inspirational -- I myself have been contemplating doing something like that (but hopefully a bit simpler) for my Roman horse, but the complexity of it all has kept me shy of really getting into it. Can't wait to see what you do with it next.

14Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:53 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, I meant to say... there are ways of using a bit [or at least parts of one] on a model horse that doesn't have an open mouth or metal hook already inserted for it. With Breyer horses, they sometimes use a sticky but removeable substance, akin to blu tac, to temporarily stick the rings to the sides of the mouth, to at least give the appearance of the horse wearing a bit.

15Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:06 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, I meant to say... there are ways of using a bit [or at least parts of one] on a model horse that doesn't have an open mouth or metal hook already inserted for it. With Breyer horses, they sometimes use a sticky but removeable substance, akin to blu tac, to temporarily stick the rings to the sides of the mouth, to at least give the appearance of the horse wearing a bit.

Right, my Mr Z horse (the Hanoverian) came with the little rings attached. Maybe this one did too, but they were removed?

16Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:37 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
The horse is lovely!!!! Is it a "fixed" horse? Any articulations for that?

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

17Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
lawlaw91 wrote:The horse is lovely!!!! Is it a "fixed" horse? Any articulations for that?

Mr Z horses like this one are all statues -- no articulation, except for the tail and mane which are made of hair (whether organic or synthetic I don't know, though I suspect the latter).

18Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:52 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
GubernatorFan wrote:
lawlaw91 wrote:The horse is lovely!!!! Is it a "fixed" horse? Any articulations for that?

Mr Z horses like this one are all statues -- no articulation, except for the tail and mane which are made of hair (whether organic or synthetic I don't know, though I suspect the latter).

I see....somehow I just hope that TBLeague can just make some magic on poseable horse....but of course this Mr z horse look awesome and really details on fur and body.... What a Face What a Face

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

19Horse Tack Empty Re: Horse Tack Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:18 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree...this horse is gorgeous. <3

Admittedly, I don't particular care about articulation on model horses. I guess I am just so used to static horse models since I was a kid, that it doesn't bother me at all. ;p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum