OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The THÉODEN Sixth Scaled Figure features:
Authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of Théoden from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
• Asmus Toys KP+ 1.0 male body
• Approximately 30 cm tall
• Over 32 points of articulation
Features:
• One pair of relaxed posture hands
• One pair of weapon holding hands
• One pair of fist posture hands

Special features on Clothing:
• One pair of dark red sleeved blazer
. One pair of green pattern collar blazer
• One pair of long underpants
Special features in armor:
• One Théoden’s helmet
• One full body armor including shoulder pieces
• One pair of forearm band
• One pair of fish-scaled armor skirt
• One pair of calf piece
. One pair of braced boots

Special features in weapons:
• One Herugrim
• One sheath including belt
• One Théoden’s shield

Accessories:
• One Asmus Toys figure stand

Est. Shipping Date: Auguest 2019

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt01av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt02av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt02bv10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt03av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt04av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt05av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt06av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt07av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt08av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt09av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt10av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt11av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt12av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt14av10
Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN Kt99b10

#newproduct #AsmusToys #Theoden #LordoftheRings #male #fantasy #Tolkien #movie

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm going to regret asking this, but what on Earth (or Middle Earth?) is a Herugrim? Anyway, looks like a very cool set and I'm on the fence about it -- why did they revert to sculpted hair, given his hair style is fairly long and has to fit under a helmet. Why, oh why!? Smile

PS -- Just figured out the Herugrim part, it was right there on the last image... I do believe it's just a sword... Perhaps they should have given the shield and helmet special names too Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The hair is disappointing. The Asmus rep answered the question regarding the sculpted hair, and they said they thought it was the best alternative since it's apparent that the upper part can be removed for the helmet, and then the hair can be replaced -- so you don't end up with helmet hair -- like Eomer. Unfortunately, I'm not all that thrilled with how the removable piece looks, so he's going to be a helmet always on figure much like Eowyn and Eomer. Everything else, including the likeness is excellent. It's already up for PO at Asmus website ($200 includes worldwide shipping):

https://store.asmustoys.com/product-TH%C3%89ODEN-LOTR22.htm

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: THÉODEN C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah I agree — gorgeous figure, other than the hair.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh, I see it now in some of the photos. It had occurred to me that the hair was removable, but this makes it even worse as a decision... in my book anyway.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
If the hair is removable, then surely they could have made it it rooted into a removeable scalp piece instead?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'd rather take affixed helmet hair that needs fixing than clunky sculpted long hair, whether removable or not...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:I'd rather take affixed helmet hair that needs fixing than clunky sculpted long hair, whether removable or not...

Agree. I voiced my disbelief in their reasoning when they first posted it. They’ve made massive leaps with rooted hair; I think they were spending so much time and effort in the costume, that they just cheaped out on the hair.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And it is difficult to paint blond(ish) hair convincingly, so this is not going to be too easy for them either. Their rooted hair sculpts sometimes suffer from an overly obvious face plate vs scalp discontinuity, but are otherwise quite good.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hmm, yeah, very frustrating... :/

Delanie

Delanie
One thing to think about though is the time to get out onto the market when you consider this is a new figure and the release date is supposed to be relatively soon perhaps thet thought this might be a way of not delaying it given that Gandalf is the mark 2 version and it wont be released until at least the end of the year with nothing to say about replacement heads.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My Theoden arrived today. Everything about the figure is nicely detailed — except that unfortunate hair piece, which is made of a soft rubber with a magnet in it to stick it on the head — it pretty much looks as bad as the above pictures. There’s no way to get it to sit right. Helmet stays on at all times; it’s a major step backward to not go with rooted hair for a figure like this, or provide two head sculpts.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:My Theoden arrived today. Everything about the figure is nicely detailed — except that unfortunate hair piece, which is made of a soft rubber with a magnet in it to stick it on the head — it pretty much looks as bad as the above pictures. There’s no way to get it to sit right. Helmet stays on at all times; it’s a major step backward to not go with rooted hair for a figure like this, or provide two head sculpts.

Sorry to hear, although it is no worse than we expected. I wonder if it will be a reasonably easy matter to give it real hair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum