OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Haslabs Life Size Cookie Monster... C is for...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doodlehobby

Combustion... as the wallet disintegrates before the poor collector's eye that backs this. LOL

OK. $300 USD seems a little more reasonably priced compared to the Unicron. I'm somewhat tempted, but the use of bendy wires and expensive PO items being released between now and September, is an easy pass. However, if they did a Gonzo, yeah, my wallet would have literally imploded.

Not sure if this will actually make the crowd funding goal. But good luck to the backers.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/cookie-monster

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cookie Monster is fine, but I would have preferred either Animal or Oscar the Grouch (the two closest to my own sweet disposition). Still, not something I really need. But interesting that someone is doing something like this (or at least trying to) -- I would have gone nuts for this when I was a kid, however.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Haslabs Life Size Cookie Monster... C is for... C8485110

doodlehobby

Yeah, as a kid I would've freaked and wanted one so badly. Now, not so much considering display space is also limiting. Where would I put this monstrosity? Lol

For me it has to be the Great Gonzo. Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting. I would not have thought something like this would have needed such high end workings that it would justify a price of $300 USD. I suppose I already have a 1:1 cookie monster for free (me).

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
for 300? if i had the kind of money to throw away 300 dollars...i'd spend more on an actual Cookie Monster puppet, and have this for at home. that said...i am with everyone here that it's weird that they need 300. also, whats with the whole haslab thing? why do we need a special crowd funded brand to get hasbro to make things they should anyway? are they that broke?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I love Cookie Monster, but having a 1:1 version seems like such a niche thing I’m surprised it’s being done. And for some reason, I’m finding the fact that it’s ‘fully poseable’ rather than simply a replica puppet/muppet vaguely unsettling.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

doodlehobby

GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting. I would not have thought something like this would have needed such high end workings that it would justify a price of $300 USD. I suppose I already have a 1:1 cookie monster for free (me).
LOL. Imagine if they included a motorized mouth that can destroy cookies and fling the debris all over the room... or included cookie debris as an added accessory.

Cobratrooper11 wrote:for 300? if i had the kind of money to throw away 300 dollars...i'd spend more on an actual Cookie Monster puppet, and have this for at home. that said...i am with everyone here that it's weird that they need 300. also, whats with the whole haslab thing? why do we need a special crowd funded brand to get hasbro to make things they should anyway? are they that broke?
Their FAQ:
"HasLab is the crowdfunding platform bringing limited-edition collectibles into the hands of fans.

When you back a Project, you are making a commitment to purchase the product that will only be fulfilled if the minimum number of backers is reached during the “Project Backing Period”. Each Project will have its own campaign duration during which you can back the Project. Once the minimum number of backers has been reached, your backing becomes an "Order" and your payment is collected at the completion of the Project Backing Period. Then the Product will be made and ultimately shipped."

I think it's more to test the waters of a "collector item" in a niche market. They probably know it's not feasible in a business sense to mass produce. Currently 2 projects are running at the moment. This and the Transformers Unicron. Unicorn already has 2k backers at $575USD. The big question with Unicron though is whether they are including the international backed orders into the 8k (global?) goal. There's been no official news about it.

skywalkersaga wrote:I love Cookie Monster, but having a 1:1 version seems like such a niche thing I’m surprised it’s being done. And for some reason,  I’m finding the fact that it’s ‘fully poseable’  rather than simply a replica puppet/muppet vaguely unsettling.
Surprisingly, they managed to get ~368 backers as of now.

It'll be interesting to see if they do make their goals considering how costly these items are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum