OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ran Out of Space, Collection Fun Time!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ran Out of Space, Collection Fun Time! Empty Ran Out of Space, Collection Fun Time! Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:39 am

Adeno

Just sharing a video of my little toy collection from a few days ago, coming from the point of view of someone who already ran out of space. I don't have a big place (just an apartment) but I love toys, so eventually I ran out of space to display them. Right now, most of the newer stuff are in boxes on top of my piano (which is on top of my bed...). I'm probably gonna end up selling ones that I don't have much attachment to, which is hard since if I own it, I probably fell in love with it at some point in the past lol! Oh well, but gotta make space and turn some of them into extra money for Dragon Ball stuff.

I still have some brand new, sealed stuff that I haven't opened up simply because I barely have time to relax now. Work work work, not much time to have fun. Make money to pay important adult stuff, by the time the fun stuff arrives, I'm already back to working again. Eventually I lost interest in some of them, like in the Dragon Quest 11 characters and I couldn't muster up the energy to have fun with them. The Star Wars stuff like Count Dooku, Princess Leia, and some prequel characters, I also just lost energy to open them. I'm probably gonna sell the Force Awakens/Last Jedi stuff (not shown because they're in... another box!) because I'm not really digging the new Disney Star Wars trilogy with Rey as the star. I just prefer the original trilogy (and Natalie Portman from the prequel!) so I'm just gonna keep those. The Iron Man MK 50 Nano Set 2, at first I wanted to open it, but since I already have the MK 85, I also lost interest in it. I just prefer the "final" or most powerful version of characters majority of the time unless it's a special character like Goku from my favorite Dragon Ball series.

As for why they're in boxes together, I just don't have the energy to dig up their boxes and put back all the accessories in the plastic trays anymore. Normally what I do is I open them up, display the main character, then put their accessories in ziplocks. I've got separate boxes organized in terms of brand or series they came from. For example, I have a Figuarts Accessories box, but I also have a Figuarts Dragon Ball Accessories box that's separate because I want all Dragon Ball stuff to be together.

So far, there doesn't seem to be any negative effects for most of the toys to be hiding together in a box that I've noticed. I'm in California so the weather here can get hot, very hot as in go beyond 90 or 100 Farenheit! Paint Rubbing issues are rare so far (they've been in boxes together since March 2019). I've only noticed it on Evil Buu (the tall big pink guy) and there was a black paint where there shouldn't be. I just used tissue paper and water to wipe it off and it's gone. What you have to watch out for are those Hasbro Lightsabers for their Black Series toys. Those are too soft and they get bent easily, just like what happened to Darth Raven's light sabers (the guy with metallic mask wearing a hood and cape near the beginning). The little TBLeague lady seems to be fine, no problems, no paint stains at all.

Anyway that's my story for now. I hope my situation somehow entertained you or gave you insight as to how some people deal with suddenly running out of space for toys lol!

Ran Out of Space, Collection Fun Time! NAklgSB

#Collection #Space

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Your organization sounds similar to mine. Once I display a character with the accessories I like, the rest goes in zip-lock bags, then in boxes (which are labeled and the contents and location of each box is cataloged on my computer). The original boxes and brown shipper get trashed ā€” I know it diminishes their resale value, but honestly as far as Iā€™m concerned, displaying them already diminishes their resale value ā€” at least it should.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ran Out of Space, Collection Fun Time! C8485110

3Ran Out of Space, Collection Fun Time! Empty Re: Ran Out of Space, Collection Fun Time! Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice look at your collection. Collection storage without sufficient or dedicated shelf space is a challenge. My shelves are reserved for books, and the occasional figure I unpacked and put up to look at -- until I get around to boxing it back up or putting it away. I do store my aliens and predators this way, but the higher-end (mostly 1/6) figures go in separate boxes, sometimes individually bagged in hefty zipper bags, or otherwise separated by layers of bubble wrap. I also have separate boxes each for Star Wars 3.75" rebel, imperial, Jabba, and 6" figures, where every unpackaged figure is in its own little ziplock bag with its accessories.

Adeno

Haha glad to know using ziplocks for toys seems to be common to us lol! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum