OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Empty Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:57 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I updated this older design on a more poseable body, and this time with plastic sheeting for the armor instead of paper. Took a few WIP photos as well for before and after reference.

Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2074
Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2075

Oh no! Mantis has been abducted and brainwashed, and undergone a full-on alien cyborg transformation.

Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2076
Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2077
Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2078
Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2079
Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2080
Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2081Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2082
Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2083
Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2084Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Img_2085

2Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Empty Re: Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:17 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think it worked very well, and perfectly fits within your already established style.

3Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Empty Re: Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Creepy cool. That last shot is disturbingly fun — he took his head to replace his own!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade C8485110

4Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Empty Re: Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:53 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wait, is that what he did? The heads do seem to have similar features (I was thinking more along the lines of Luke, Vader, and the cave on Dagobah), but the other head is till on the other figure...

5Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Empty Re: Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:05 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great pics as always, and creative use of one of those black coloured jointed bodies.

I interpreted the final scene as him unmasking himself to the other character to show that he was now[?] the cyborg....?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Empty Re: Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:32 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Mantis Kid turns into Mantis Man?
If the first suit was from a 2000s TV-Series, the new one is from the movie based on it.
Like that budget upgrade from Firefly/Serenity...

7Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Empty Re: Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:04 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Glad you all appreciate the new look. An ongoing theme in my work is identity crisis, with masks/disguises and faces that seem to change. I like to think the ominous alien race in the story gives certain characters the ability to project false identities/faces, perhaps like Arya from Game of Thrones. But yes, that infamous scene from ESB was also admittedly inspiration.

8Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Empty Re: Junkyard Cyborg Upgrade Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:12 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Excellent! Themes of identity fascinate me in fiction, and the examples/inspirations you mentioned are two very fitting ones indeed. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum