OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0

★ hair mask and carved head x1
★ body x1
★ hand x6
★ bottom stage/seat x1
★ dagger x6 (Metal)
★ Rose x1
★ T-shirt x1
★ Suit x1
★ Trousers x1
★ Boots x1
★ Cloak x1
★ Top hat x1
★ Belt x1
★ Epee x1 (Metal)
★ Fencing clothes x1
★ Shirt x1

VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 1-528x19
VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 2-528x19
VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 3-528x19
VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 4-1-5210
VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 5-1-5210
VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 5-2-5210
VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 5-528x19
VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 6-528x19
VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 0-528x12

#newproduct #ToysPower #VforVendetta2.0 #male #movie-based

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OOOooooOOoooh. Happy to see this character in 1/6 form!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting and striking in appearance. I love the rhyme, but not a fan of the the movie or the movement myself.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks good. Very faithful to the movie.

agentghost

agentghost
GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting and striking in appearance. I love the rhyme, but not a fan of the the movie or the movement myself.

what movement? i thought it was a fictitious story

shazzdan

shazzdan
agentghost wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting and striking in appearance. I love the rhyme, but not a fan of the the movie or the movement myself.

what movement? i thought it was a fictitious story

The original Gunpowder Plot where Guy Fawkes attempted to blow up Parliament or today's Anonymous co-opting the figure to promote their own activities.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I wonder if GF means the Anonymous movement, which co-opted the use of the Guy Fawkes mask in the wake of this film?

That aside, I did very much enjoy this movie back in the day — the visual aesthetic, Hugo Weaving, and Natalie Portman all made it a fun watch for me. I’ve also got a soft spot for Guy Fawkes himself, after living in York and walking past his birthplace everyday. Smile

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
while this looks good, have to ask, will there be a weaving likeness under there? lol, no but seriously...interesting figure though.

Skippy

Had word from OneSixthKit that V 2.0 is coming into stock early next week.

This is quite an oddity of a figure, because the character is so specific to one story, and he's also dead by the end of it.

He'll live on as a figure on though.  Wink

The one question I don't have an answer for yet is, who do I display him with? He's never been in an official crossover, and I don't particularly want him to represent the bleak world of the comic or movie. As an anarchist he could go with the villains - Dracula, Jason, Freddy, Hannibal. I put The Mask there too because he was an oddity!

However, I see him more as a vigilante in Gotham City.

V's outfit also permits him to reside in any period over the last few hundred years, so when Blitzway's Zorro finally arrives maybe he will be a fellow swordsman or foe?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hey, Asta! Glad to see you back.

Thanks for the update.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Hey, Asta! Glad to see you back.

Thanks for the update.

Thanks. Smile

Skippy

As Gubernator wrote, he is a striking looking figure.

VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 49455790047_89237efaea_o

The epee and six daggers are metal. I never had the original version, but it's apparent that the hat has been improved since it no longer has a seam line through the middle of it. The boots are still the same, which means hard plastic that makes it difficult to get much of pose out of him.

The mask is really good, which isn't apparent from the photos as the flash was reflecting so brightly from the shiny surface. If you pull his hair back you can see his ears, but they're healthy flesh and not burned!

For some reason the name plaque on the base reads 'Gordon', which was Stephen Fry's character on the film. I hadn't noticed that the Gordon name was visible in one of Kit Chen's photos, so at first I was wondering whether Toys Power had included the wrong stand:

VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 84351608_1372575709588174_8041264309621227520_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=b8kcygE1Q-IAX-g-wPL&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-2

I wanted to make use of the fencing parts - the epee, grey shirt and vest - so I took some liberties and put the TitToys Kroenen sculpt onto another body. The trousers are a pair of Disney Krennic's riding breeches. I cut the flared thighs off and stitched them back up, which was easy enough and worked pretty well that I might do the same to another pair and replace the leggings I used on my Hot Toys Endor poncho Luke.

VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 49455790107_7d68c591e8_o

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice photos, Asta. The use of the Kroenen sculpt is brilliant.

VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice photos, Asta. The use of the Kroenen sculpt is brilliant.

Thanks.

The sculpt was a last resort - or actually the only resort!

Trouble is it doesn't have lips, so I doubt he would be as eloquently spoken as V.

The figure's been parted out on Ebay so I've bought another V sculpt. That way I'll have two proper figures.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not to mention the use of the Krennic breeches. Smile Well done. And glad you liked your new acquisition. Since you mention the issue, I'm just wondering if perhaps you can find a way to avoid having to use the flash. I never do.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Not to mention the use of the Krennic breeches. Smile Well done. And glad you liked your new acquisition. Since you mention the issue, I'm just wondering if perhaps you can find a way to avoid having to use the flash. I never do.

I bought five of those Krennics when they were really cheap. Only have one of the uniforms in use, but have been using the bodies for characters that need the smaller size. The breeches have such an exaggerated thigh flare they've not been of use until I thought of modifying them today.

I've never been interested enough in photography to set up a proper place to take photos. Occasionally I'll make the effort to light a figure with an LED lamp so I don't have to use the flash.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’m glad he turned out so well, Asta! And such an excellent way to utilise those extra parts in a kitbash! Smile

And I feel you on the photography thing — while I am interested in photography and always have been, I suppose I’m not quite interested *enough* to actually invest money in the necessary equipment. Razz

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:And I feel you on the photography thing — while I am interested in photography and always have been, I suppose I’m not quite interested *enough* to actually invest money in the necessary equipment. Razz

I only use two settings - Auto and the little flower symbol for up close.

Since the light is general room lighting, and I have my figures in rooms that block out sunlight, I have to use the flash unless I bring in an LED lamp.

The auto focus means it's pot luck whether the actual photo is any good, so I have to take a lot and pick the best.

As for V, he still looks as striking as he did yesterday. Very Happy

I can really imagine him now displayed alongside Blitzway's Zorro.

And as for Krennic's breeches, I modified another pair for my Hot Toys Endor Luke this morning, and they look a lot better than Buffy the Vampire Slayer's leggings. Laughing

Skippy

The parted out sculpt arrived yesterday. I was afraid such a small package would get lost in the growing mountains of mail awaiting attention, yet it arrived in just over a couple of weeks.

I ordered some cheap figure stands a few days before the sculpt and the seller emailed to say the parcel probably wouldn't leave China until at least 10th February. I actually received them 4th February (just 8 days in transit), so that was either a lucky fluke or an indication that the the mail problem escalated significantly since then.

Glad to have received the sculpt, but won't be making any more Ebay purchases from China until things settle down.

With the figure factories shut down for the foreseeable future it looks like a quiet time ahead. And when they re-open it'll be like Chinese New Year part 2.

From looking at screencaps I'd forgotten that with the cuffs on the fencing shirt were intended to be undone and over the gloves. Which explains why Toys Power made them with real buttons and eyelets.

VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 094410

VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 100_9610

VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 100_9611

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice! He looks complete now!

And it’s definitely a frustrating time right now to be a customizer, especially for trying to pick up loose parts. Not to mention very concerning that things are that bad that everything is still shut down...

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Very nice! He looks complete now!

And it’s definitely a frustrating time right now to be a customizer, especially for trying to pick up loose parts. Not to mention very concerning that things are that bad that everything is still shut down...

Yes, I love this masked sculpt. Smile

Economically this is going to be a storm for retailers in China and Hong Kong to weather. Concerns over postal delays, and the fact that it was reported yesterday countries have begun to stop receiving from or sending parcels to China due to the lack of manpower and flights to handle them, is sure to hit sales of in-stock items. Couple that with the interruption to production and there's less money coming in from the balances due on completed pre-orders.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
All of that is so true, and I guess it's no surprise therefore that I've also seen that the few remaining items on ebay have all been jacked up in price. :/

Skippy

Don't know if any one else here bought the figure, but Machinegun parted him out:

https://www.machinegun-figures.com/action-figures-src-0-0-0-0-0-0?q=vendetta

I got the boots and trousers so my second figure will be complete rather than bashed together.

Blitzway's Zorro is due to leave Hong Kong any time, and I'm looking forward to seeing him alongside these.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He’d actually look good alongside Zorro — I see V as more of a Rebel against a tyrannical government, rather than an anarchist.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:He’d actually look good alongside Zorro — I see V as more of a Rebel against a tyrannical government, rather than an anarchist.

The parted out pieces I ordered from France on Monday afternoon arrived today, which was a lot faster than I thought.

VforVendetta2 - NEW PRODUCT: Toyspower CT013 1/6 Scale V for VENDETTA 2.0 49951382683_03fe88a40b_c

Apart from the body they're now both all Toys Power 2.0.

Zorro is gradually moving through Hong Kong via SpeedPAK. According to the Hong Kong press air transport is expected to get going again in mid-June, with the likelihood that Hong Kong Post will also start getting back into full service at the same time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum