OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What started as a comic magazine in 1969 quickly became a phenomenon, and now Vampirella celebrates her 50th anniversary in 2019 as a pop culture icon. Vampirella's legacy has been marked through the years by contributions from the top writers and artists with Jose Gonzalez's version being one Of the most iconic images of Vampirella.

Product Features
1/6 Scale
Made of plastic
Seamless joint body
50th Anniversary
Jose Gonzalez design

Box Contents
Vampirella figure
3 Pairs of hands
One-piece bikini-style costume
Pair of high boots
Arm band (for right upper arm)
Pair of bangles
Thigh band (for right thigh)
Dagger
Reduced scale bat model
Reduced scale skull model
Cape
Base

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) 21180710
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) 21182210
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) 21182810
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) 21182910
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) 21183010
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) 21183410
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) 21183810
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) 21185010
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) 21190310
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) 21192010

#newproduct #TBLeague #Vampirella #50thAnniversary #female #vampire #fantasy #horror

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A striking set, although I have to confess I'm more interested in it for its kitbashing potential, personally. Since I already have the same or similar jewelry from earlier releases, I might be interested in the head, which might work for a more conventional character. Unfortunately they didn't think to feature it in a close-up.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I wish we had gotten a better shot at the head sculpt. Jose Gonzales was the best Vampi artist, and they claim it’s based on his work — but it’s rather hard to see in the images provided. Though, since I already have their two previous versions, I don’t know if I really need another.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I like the head, at least from a distance...looks nicely retro! Though I agree that it would have been nice to see a closer view.

Am I seeing things or is this a different body than usual? Is it that new super tall one?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I think you're right, it looks like the upcoming model body S33B.

Very nice headsculpt. I'm seeing a bit of Thandie Newton in there.

I wonder why they gave her a thigh band. Well, better with than without.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Seems like a new body indeed. I rather the previous version's body, muscles more defined.
I wanted the second version (the non-asian one) so bad but my wallet (the eternal villain) didn't let me at that time, and now it's almost impossible to find. All the accessories were better than this version, imo.
But this one... did not appeal to me. The HS is the only cool thing, seems promising. They could've taken more up-close shots of it. If only she had moveable eyes, it'd be dope. Still I liked the second version's HS a bit more.

Oh, welp...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Oh, now this is definitely on my list! I missed out on the caucasian version of the original, although I did manage to bag myself the head sculpt. The Asian version never appealed (not because it isn't a nice sculpt but because it's just wrong) but I was considering getting hold of one anyway just to go with the head sculpt I got. This however will now solve that problem and give me a lovely new complementary sculpt!

It does look like the new S33B body. Those legs look crazy long, even allowing for the heeled boots.

I'll probably pick up a few odd parted-out accessories and head sculpts like the new Arhian and/or the new Valkyrie but in terms of full sets, I think I'm going to be crying off from TBL's "League Of Armoured Babes" for a while. So it's this, and Nancy In Hell for me for the moment. Nancy is fairly inexpensive at GianToy, so I hope they'll be listing this Vampi soon as well.

desertdragon

desertdragon
My TBL Jose Gonzales Vampirella just arrived, and I have to say she does not disappoint... This piece is all about the portrait, and it is brilliant IMO - based on Gonzalez's character defining super iconic artwork, TBL gave the head sculpt a sardonic, almost melancholy expression, equally at home in a Frazetta painting as in the classic Vampirella works... The sculpt is so good it ended up being a challenge to give her a pose that worked with the fantastic character of the portrait... I eventually found something that I hope works... This is a worthy addition to TBL's Vampirella lineup, and is arguably the best of all of them... Here are some of my hero shots of her - enjoy!

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va12

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va10

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va11

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va15

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va13

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va14

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va16

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va18

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va17

desertdragon

desertdragon
Bonus - Vampirellas together... I couldn't resist some shots with the Gonzalez Vampi with my Asian headsculpt version (which I absolutely love - she's gorgeous AF)... It was an exercise in patience to get the two together and stable, but the results I think were worth it...

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va20

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va19

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va21

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) Tbl_va22

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful shots, DD. That JG Vampi does look nice. I’m waiting for more official photos and info, but I recently saw that TBL is making a Caroline Monroe Vampirella.

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 bloodsucking red face - Vampirella 50th Anniversary Edition (#PL2019-152) C8485110

MerylAkiba

I'm glad I got this Head sculpt. I was worried it would appear too cartoonish. I'm Always careful now with figures with bangs, for me it is always hard to stylize.

desertdragon

desertdragon
Stryker2011 wrote:Beautiful shots, DD. That JG Vampi does look nice. I’m waiting for more official photos and info, but I recently saw that TBL is making a Caroline Munroe Vampirella.
Thank you Stryker! I saw the Caroline Munro Vampirella up for preorder at BBTS... I'm debating on whether I will be picking that version up - I'm hoping she will turn out as well as this one Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm waiting on Barbarella Wink but your new photos showcasing this set (and the two versions together) were exquisite -- and better than TBLeague's promotional images, if you ask me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Comic-strip Barbarella, or Jane Fonda version? Personally, I’d like the Jane Fonda version.

desertdragon

desertdragon
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm waiting on Barbarella Wink but your new photos showcasing this set (and the two versions together) were exquisite -- and better than TBLeague's promotional images, if you ask me.

Holy crap thank you so much GubernatorFan - I just love creating these shots, and it's always a privilege to share them here Smile And yeah, Barbarella would be fantastic!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Fantastic pics, DD, especially the side by side ones. I thought Asian Vammpy had black hair, turns out its dark brown as compared.

The narrow shoulders look great but looks too low in some pics.
The thick wrists are just too distracting even with the bracelets, TBL's fault, of course.
The previous S23 body was already perfect for the character.

I'm just thinking new Vampy might look better on the Asian's S23B body and vice versa as Asian Vampy's smaller face would look more proportioned with the S33B.

desertdragon

desertdragon
rollotomasi wrote:Fantastic pics, DD, especially the side by side ones. I thought Asian Vammpy had black hair, turns out its dark brown as compared.

The narrow shoulders look great but looks too low in some pics.
The thick wrists are just too distracting even with the bracelets, TBL's fault, of course.
The previous S23 body was already perfect for the character.

I'm just thinking new Vampy might look better on the Asian's S23B body and vice versa as Asian Vampy's smaller face would look more proportioned with the S33B.

Thank you rollotomasi! The low shoulders are totally on me Smile I agree with you that the Asian body is well nigh perfect for the character, and I prefer it myself... I will try to get some studio shots with the head swap as you suggest and post them here...

...And have a great holiday everyone! Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Now that IS Vampirella!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stunning photos DD!

Hmm, I was saving up for this but I think I'm going to hold off on it now - purely because the 33b body is completely wrong for Vampi. I have nothing against the 32/33, but it's just not the right physique.

So I'm debating whether or not to just get the Asian Vampi with the muscle bod and then wait for this Gonzalez sculpt and the two Munro sculpts to get parted out, or get the Gonzalez sculpt and the Munro version (which I really like the look of even if it will clearly cost a fortune) and then struggle with getting the costume from that onto a 23b.

I don't even want to imagine what I might do to get hold of a Fonda Barbarella if there ever was one Smile

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@GeeWillikers - I agree, S23B all the way!
I also thought about getting the Asian version before and using this Kimi Toys KT-011B head because of these pics.
https://hiveminer.com/Tags/actionfigure%2Cvampirella/Timeline

But the Asian is quite expensive already and the red cloth material with frayed edges doesn't look good anymore when compared to the succeeding versions.
Might be better to just pre-order Munro Vampy and an S23B.

@DesertDragon and others who have these figures, please confirm... thanks!
Vampirella Asian - S23B Light Suntan? or S22A Pale?

Vampirella SHCC - S23B Light Suntan? or S22A Pale?
(Dean Knight's Youtube review showed the SHCC is slightly paler than the Asian.)

Vampirella 50th Anniv Jose Gonzales version - S33B Light Suntan? or S32A Pale?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum