OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Princess Leia Organa was one of the Rebel Alliance’s greatest leaders, fearless on the battlefield and dedicated to ending the tyranny of the Empire. In Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2 are on a mission to penetrate the deflector shield generator on the forest moon of Endor in order to deactivate the shield for the Rebel fleet to attack and take down the second Death Star.

Now, Hot Toys is pleased to officially introduce the new 1/6th scale collectible figure of Princess Leia in her outfit on Endor for Star Wars fans!

The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of Princess Leia in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. It features a stunning head sculpt with astonishing likeness and new hair sculpture, Leia’s Endor outfit, a camouflage pattern poncho, a helmet, a blaster, a watch, diorama accessories and an Endor themed figure base.

Welcome this new Princess Leia collectible figure in your Star Wars collection today!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS549
PRODUCT NAMEPRINCESS LEIA
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 27 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS28
SPECIAL FEATURESHIGHLY DETAILED HAIR SCULPTURE OF LEIA ORGANA WITH BRAIDED HAIR AND BUN, A CAMOUFLAGE PATTERN PONCHO
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY SO YOUNG LEE
HEAD PAINTED BY E-LEE & JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Princess Leia Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- Newly painted head sculpt with movie-accurate facial expression, make up and detailed skin texture
- Highly detailed hair sculpture of Leia Organa with braided hair and bun
- Hair sculpture is removable from head sculpt
- Body with over 28 points of articulations
- Approximately 27 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of pistol holding hands
- One (1) pair of gesture hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) helmet as worn on Endor
- One (1) camouflage pattern poncho
- One (1) light-green colored vest
- One (1) yellow-colored middle sleeves top
- One (1) pair of pale blue-colored pants
- One (1) black-colored utility belt with pistol holster
- One (1) pair of black-colored leather-like boots

Weapons:
- One (1) blaster

Accessories:
- One (1) watch
- Two (2) bushes diorama accessories attachable to the figure base
- Specially designed rectangular figure stand with character nameplate, movie logo and graphic card

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by So young Lee
- Head Painted by E-Lee & JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2020

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2019 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11000
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2386
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3282
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4258
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5249
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6238
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7230
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8216
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9203
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10189
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11183
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12167
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13156

#newproduct #HotToys #PrincessLeia #StarWars #ReturnoftheJedi #female #Sci-Fi #movie

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great, but I think I'm going to stop at Bespin Leia where it comes to collecting this character. Very impressive base. Now if the prices were $100+ less (as if!), I might have given this some serious thought. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don’t have an HT Leia yet, as I’ve been holding out for an RotJ Leia all this time. My hope was that we’d get a Boushh Leia figure, but I guess this is better than nothing. It’s not my fave outfit, but the headsculpt seems quite nice.

Of all of them, I think the Hoth Leia is my fave thus far, though already difficult and expensive to come by now. Hopefully there will be at least one more Leia from RotJ and it’s Boushh. Otherwise, I’ll have to make my own. Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I don’t have an HT Leia yet, as I’ve been holding out for an RotJ Leia all this time. My hope was that we’d get a Boushh Leia figure, but I guess this is better than nothing. It’s not my fave outfit, but the headsculpt seems quite nice.  

Of all of them, I think the Hoth Leia is my fave thus far, though already difficult and expensive to come by now. Hopefully there will be at least one more Leia from RotJ and it’s Boushh. Otherwise, I’ll have to make my own. Razz

I can't promise I've looked at them carefully side-by-side, but isn't this (essentially) the same sculpt as the HT Hoth Leia? I imagine the facial features are also the same on the HT Bespin Leia, though the hair is different. And they all look (to me) somehow prettier than the (HT) ANH Leia.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It does look quite similar; I’ll have to take a closer look when I’m not on my phone.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They do look similar, but there are SOME differences.

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Star-w14
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13_cop10

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like the fact that the hair piece can be removed, but I'm actually a little bummed it isn't just two separate head sculpts. I was thinking of using the head to make an "authentic" Slave Leia, since I have my doubts Disney will ever allow her to be made. Now I'm thinking I might have to buy two (a standalone Endor Leia, and the box set with Wicket).

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, it is frustrating that there aren't two headsculpts, but I mean...it's not surprising that HT would skimp on that , other than in their 'deluxe' or whatever versions. Rolling Eyes

As for the similarities between this new one and the Hoth version, yes, definitely there. But as you noted, not exactly the same, either. The Hoth Leia has that more pale skintone, which makes sense for the wintry setting and the white outfit, while this one has a somewhat more warm skintone, also consistent with her in that film. And of course, the gaze is also different.

You could indeed use one of them as a base for a Slave Leia -- it would require removing some of the sculpted hair and replacing with real hair, but I think that would be doable?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow, I was wrong. I guess they're giving you a "deal" by offering the box set -- the price for this at Sideshow is $228 USD.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Guess for the extra one, you could just try to find the headsculpt on its own at some point?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, I see, she does look a lot better, actually -- of course this also depends on the quality of the final product.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you're bothered by the double-jointed elbows (like me) in the General outfit, someone over at the Freaks suggested swapping the body (or even just the arms), with one of the new PopToys/Xing bodies I just recently posted. I think that's an excellent idea.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, definitely! Will bear that in mind. I’m thinking of maybe doing something like that with the eventual Padme figure, as well.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ah... i know some of us don´t like HT and i don´t like the prices to. But, come on... she is a Masterwork.

An intresting point for me ist in some of the pictures the face looks relaxed and in others she looks like nervous. The same HS, the same countenance. But only with different Poses of the body the face change the facial expression. Is it only me ?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ephiane wrote:Ah... i know some of us don´t like HT and i don´t like the prices to. But, come on... she is a Masterwork.

An intresting point for me ist in some of the pictures the face looks relaxed and in others she looks like nervous. The same HS, the same countenance. But only with different Poses of the body the face change the facial expression. Is it only me ?

I agree, it's a very well-done figure! 

And you are right about the slight changes -- I think this is partly the pose, but also partly due to the fact that her gaze is just slightly to the side, so , along with the angle, it gives an impression of her expression changing a bit?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, it does seem to convey a slightly different mood from slightly different angles; even the helmet (or "hat," as she called it in the film, didn't she?) can make a bit of a difference.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My single Princess Leia arrived yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the head sculpt is, and how it seems tailor made for an eventual Slave Leia version (even if HT were to make one), as very little would actually have to be made to do so (add earrings, and the bun/ornament with braid). So, I immediately set about doing so myself. (Now I have a complete box of unused body, clothes, etc. that I can use when my 2-pack Leia/Wicket shows up to either display Leia in her Endor gear, or her General gear).

I am by no means finished with this conversion, but I thought I'd share the pics anyway (still need to paint the putty filler, and add earrings).

The HT head and removable hair piece before modifications (you've seen how beautiful this sculpt is in desertdragon's photos).

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8411
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8413
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8412
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8414

The ACPlay head sculpt after "surgery".  

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8416
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8415

And the bun/braid piece after hollowing out (this took the longest and required a lot of work with a fine Dremel bit, grinding away until I got it as close as possible) glued onto the back of Leia's head, and before any other modifications were made.

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8418
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8419
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8417

Because I was excited to see how it looked on the Jiaou Doll body already set up in my diorama, I took a few shots that way. (The body, "Wheaten", matches the head sculpt perfectly; however, I'm not happy with the body overall -- I don't like the over-sized boobs, or the odd shoulder/armpit area -- nor do I like the hands; I'll probably use the hands that came with the set to replace the funky Jiaou Doll hands.)
My apologies for how bad all of these photos look as they were taken with my phone, and in no way indicate natural light, or the diorama's far more subdued lighting.

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8422
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8421
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8420

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8424
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8423
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8425
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8426
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8427

And here is the minor putty modifications that needed to be made to fill in the gap at the bottom of the bun (the others are so small, I don't think I'm going to waste my time trying to jam the tiniest bit of putty into them with the tip of an X-acto blade.

HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8430
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8428
HotToys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Img_8429

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice work, Mark. To be honest, it didn't even occur to me at this point, although I was thinking it earlier, with "Bespin Leia." This one is even more suitable for emendations. With the less direct lighting, especially, she is looking very good indeed.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Ian. It’s not as perfect as an official S.L., but I think it’s pretty good. Glad to have Carrie’s face, as opposed to her “stunt double”.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that looks great, excellent job! So glad you could make it work, and looking forward to seeing the even more finished version!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I was impatiently waiting for you to do this mod.
She looks excellent! Jabba is very pleased!
Good thing the HT hairpiece removable and you're right, tailor made for a Slave Leia.
It doesn't look like you repainted the bun so i assume the colors of the HT hair and ACPlay's bun are compatible.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, that looks great, excellent job! So glad you could make it work, and looking forward to seeing the even more finished version!

Thanks. Very Happy

rollotomasi wrote:I was impatiently waiting for you to do this mod.
She looks excellent! Jabba is very pleased!
Good thing the HT hairpiece removable and you're right, tailor made for a Slave Leia.
It doesn't look like you repainted the bun so i assume the colors of the HT hair and ACPlay's bun are compatible.

Thanks. You are correct, I didn’t have to repaint the bun; the color was a perfect match for HT’s usual overly dark color.

I have the filler painted, and I was going to takes pics with my good camera, under natural light — but it’s dark, gloomy and raining today. By the way, as I mentioned, HT’s hair coloring is usually pretty dark, so when I was mixing the paint to get it to match I started with dark brown and added black. And added more, and more, and more, until I discovered her hair is basically black with a touch of brown (not Carrie’s actual hair color at the time).

I’m undecided if I’m going to add earrings; those wisps of hair that hang down are going to make it difficult to attempt to get anything near her ear lobes at the correct angle. I could cut those off, touch up the paint work there, and then add the earrings, or just leave it as is...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I like the hair wisps and wouldn’t cut them off , if it were me. It looks ok and recognisable without the earrings, though I can understand wanting to add them eventually. Maybe heating up the hair wisps could allow a bit more movement when trying to fit some earrings on there.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, the forum is back up and running (anyone else have that problem?). It's still gloomy here, so I decided to take some shots with my good camera of the new Leia in the Jabba diorama. You can check out the photos here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1166p779-jabba-the-hutt-diorama-new-character-added?highlight=Jabba

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I had the same issue, Stryker — must have been a technical problem with forumotions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum