OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wicket W. Warrick was the brave young Ewok who willingly joined the Rebellion and aided in the battle against the Empire on the forest moon of Endor. Even before he encountered the Rebels, Wicket had devised methods for defeating the Imperial machines, plans which were implemented after the Ewok befriended Princess Leia and recruited his tribe to the Alliance's cause. During the Battle of Endor, Wicket fought valiantly alongside his new allies.

Now, Hot Toys is pleased to officially introduce the new 1/6th scale collectible figure of Wicket the Ewok!

Skillfully crafted with great details, the Wicket collectible figure features a highly detailed face sculpture, newly developed multiple layers of fabric hair with various shades of white and brown throughout whole body capturing Ewok’s unique appearance, a spear, drumsticks, a variety of hands, diorama accessory and an Endor themed figure base.

This adorable and highly detailed Wicket the Ewok collectible figure will surely stand out in your treasured Star Wars display!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS550
PRODUCT NAMEWICKET
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 15.5 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS23
SPECIAL FEATURESMULTIPLE LAYERS OF WEATHERED FABRIC HAIR WITH VARIOUS SHADES OF WHITE AND BROWN THROUGHOUT WHOLE BODY
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A.
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A.
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A.

The 1/6th scale Wicket Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- Face sculpt with highly-accurate facial expression
- Newly developed multiple layers of weathered fabric hair with various shades of white and brown throughout whole body
- Newly developed body with over 23 points of articulations
- Approximately 15.5 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of spear holding hands
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) gestured left hand with a snack
- One (1) gestured left hand

Costume :
- One (1) brown-colored hood with weathering effect

Weapons:
- One (1) spear

Accessory:
- Two (2) drumsticks
- One (1) diorama accessory attachable to the figure base
- Specially designed rectangular figure stand with character nameplate, movie logo and graphic card

Release date: Approximately Q3– Q4, 2020

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details are subject to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2019 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11001
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2387
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3283
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4259
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5250
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6239
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7231
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8217
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9204
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10190
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11184
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12168
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13157
male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14139

#newproduct #HotToys #Wicket #StarWars #ReturnoftheJedi #male #movie #Sci-Fi

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks super cute! Nice to know there is an option of getting him separately.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks very cool, although there seems to be something off when it comes to appearance. I suppose it is an added challenge to make it look right when you have flexible and wayward fibers to work with, on a face this small. But they gave him a Stormtrooper helmet to use as a drum! It's not going to make me like Ewoks any more than I already don't.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks very cool, although there seems to be something off when it comes to appearance. I suppose it is an added challenge to make it look right when you have flexible and wayward fibers to work with, on a face this small. But they gave him a Stormtrooper helmet to use as a drum! It's not going to make me like Ewoks any more than I already don't.

They weren't my favorite part of the movie, either, but they certainly aren't anywhere near as bad as JarJar. I can live with the Ewoks, even though their ability to take down trained military troops was a bit absurd (though no more absurd than the Troopers inability to hit the broad side of a barn in any of the movies, yet some dumb farm kid could outshoot them). My biggest gripe with ROTJ had more to do with the forced brother/sister connection that was never intended and thrown in at the last minute to "wrap things up" neatly.

As far as how Wicket looks... I like it, though I honestly never spent that much time studying the faces of the Ewoks to really have an opinion about the accuracy. Depending on cost, I'll either buy two Endor Leia's and Wicket, or one Endor Leia AND the Box set with Wicket.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He's up at Sideshow $197 USD. Should be cheaper at other retailers, but maybe not by much.

male - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI WICKET 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's pretty pricey for one small figure, but he *is* quite detailed, and I guess seeing as it's HT it could be a lot worse.

And well...RotJ is quite possibly my favourite movie of ALL TIME, and I love every single damn thing about it. Except that silly dance sequence from the special editions, but we just don't talk about that. Wink But the original RotJ film??? Hundred percent perfection in my eyes. It was the first SW movie I saw as a child with my dad and has great personal and nostalgic meaning for me. Also, it is the movie where my beloved Ani finally returns to his True Self, and that alone would make it my fave --  though I've loved that aspect of it even long before I ever saw the Prequels. 

So as a huge fan of this movie, yeah, ok, this figure may not be completely exact to how Wicket looks on-screen, but it's still pretty cute and probably one of the nicer depictions of an Ewok with 'real' fur that I've seen so far. Maybe there have been better in previous times, but I'm not aware of them. If I am going to nitpick, I guess I could say that maybe his nose is a bit off and looks rather more akin to the nose on a shih tzu that I dog-sat recently, lol, but otherwise it's really not *that* bad. At least, based on these promo pics. 

I am always torn when it comes to HT releases, because they are indeed insanely expensive and I find some of their practices frustrating at best. But in terms of the 'likeness' issue, I will be the first to admit that my standards for 'exact likenesses' are not completely consistent, and I am more lenient about certain characters than I am about others. What tends to be more important to me is that it is an overall nice-looking sculpt and/or figure, that is recognizable and captures the spirit of the character in question. In this case, I do think it's charming enough for what it is. Will I pay that price for it? Not sure....will see. ;p

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, the good news is it’s not due out until 3rd quarter 2020 — which means probably 4th quarter or 1st quarter 2021 — so, you should be able to save up for that.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah true! Suppose that is the good thing about the HT stuff being announced so far ahead of their actual release dates. : )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Why two Endor Leias, Mark? Just curious. I mean, she is pretty... Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Why two Endor Leias, Mark? Just curious. I mean, she is pretty... Smile

I’m concerned the folks running Disney, in their attempt to be super PC, won’t allow a Slave Leia to be made. I was thinking with the spare I could convert one — all I really need is the extra head, but with the prices for after-market HT heads, one may as well buy another figure and sell the extras.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m concerned the folks running Disney, in their attempt to be super PC, won’t allow a Slave Leia to be made. I was thinking with the spare I could convert one — all I really need is the extra head, but with the prices for after-market HT heads, one may as well buy another figure and sell the extras.

Ah, yes... I was kinda thinking that... Smile I was going to suggest using the head from the Bespin one, but this one might be more tanned. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m concerned the folks running Disney, in their attempt to be super PC, won’t allow a Slave Leia to be made. I was thinking with the spare I could convert one — all I really need is the extra head, but with the prices for after-market HT heads, one may as well buy another figure and sell the extras.

Ah, yes... I was kinda thinking that... Smile I was going to suggest using the head from the Bespin one, but this one might be more tanned. Smile
 The skintone issue is what made me think this one might have better chance of matching a tbleague, as well.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote: The skintone issue is what made me think this one might have better chance of matching a tbleague, as well.

Yes, then I remembered we're talking about TBLeague... has there ever been a head sculpt too pale for a "new" TBLeague suntan (we're talking female figures here)!? Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, then I remembered we're talking about TBLeague... has there ever been a head sculpt too pale for a "new" TBLeague suntan (we're talking female figures here)!? Wink

Ha, well, perhaps not too pale, but certainly sometimes not quite the right colour/tone.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I don't know about the skin tone matching. Despite how "pale" Hoth Leia looks in the promo pics, she isn't all that pale in hand -- and I'm going to assume Endor Leia is going to be fairly dark if the promo pics are anything to go by -- like all of HT's figures. I did end up ordering the 2-pack and a separate Leia from Timewalker. (Steve sent me an email late last night telling me these will probably sell out -- at least on their site -- fairly quickly).

Ephiane

Ephiane
OMG !! So sweet, love him. Need a complete village full of ewoks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum