OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Anubis Guardian of The Underworld
1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Anubis Guardian of The Underworld 1/6 Scale
Action Figure
Item No : PL2019-148
Bar Code: 6 971272 330451

Anubis is the Greek name of the god of death, mummification, embalming, the afterlife, cemeteries, tombs, and the Underworld, in ancient Egyptian religion, usually depicted as a canine or a man with a canine head. Like many ancient Egyptian deities, Anubis assumed different roles in various contexts. Depicted as a protector of graves as early as the First Dynasty (c. 3100 – c. 2890 BC), Anubis was also an embalmer. By the Middle Kingdom (c. 2055 – 1650 BC) he Was replaced by Osiris in his role as lord of the underworld. One of his prominent roles was as a god who ushered souls into the afterlife. He attended the weighing scale during the "Weighing of the Heart," in which it was determined whether a Soul would be allowed to enter the realm of the dead.

Packing List:
1 2 x headsculpts
2 1 x TBLeague 1/6 male seamless body with metal skeleton
3 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4 1 x neck armor
5 1 x belt
6 1 x skirt
7 1 pair x forearm armors
8 1 pair x feet in shoes with long shafts
9 1 pair x fabric leg sleeves
10 1 pair x fabric armbands
11 1 pair x armlets
12 1 x cross
13 1 x trident
14 1 x Egyptian flail

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.81 kg
Measurements: 24.3 cm * 11 cm * 38 cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 11.76 kg
Measurements: 50cm * 36.7 cm * 40.5 cm

male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13083510
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13084110
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13084510
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13085010
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13085710
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13090510
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13091210
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13091810
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13092510
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13093110
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13093610
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) 13094310

#newproduct #TBLeague #Anubis #EgyptianMythology #male #fantasy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I know there has been some debate over this one, but from these pics at least, it's a bit nicer looking than I'd expected. Especially like that it comes with two different heads.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I still wish the heads were bigger and the neck shorter. Otherwise it’s a nice set.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) C8485110

Delanie

Delanie
i wonder if it's possible to junk the headdress if so i might consider getting him

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's hard to tell if it's removable or not, but with some careful modding, it probably could be...

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
So the tables have turned. Now the question got a twist: do this body stain clothes?

(...probably not).

TBLeague shoud release these bodies separately, like this one, the BloodShot and Lady Death body tone, Purgatori...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
FreakinLobster wrote:

TBLeague shoud release these bodies separately, like this one, the BloodShot and Lady Death body tone, Purgatori...

YES PLEASE.

agentghost

agentghost
Beautiful. Pre Order 2x for each headsculpt !!!!

Delanie

Delanie
All i really want are the heads and body. I think he'd make an interesting fantasy character, think snarling snout poking out from the hood of a dark cloak. but not as is the mere thought of it gives me the creeps

the rest of the outfit, well it can go in the box the rest of the scratch build stuff it actually might be useful when i get around to making a lich or the wight that was missed out of the LotR films

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
One thing that I just noticed is the figure doesn't come wiith the display "portal" (that piece in the background) that was showed in the expo photos.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
FreakinLobster wrote:One thing that I just noticed is the figure doesn't come wiith the display "portal" (that piece in the background) that was showed in the expo photos.

Yeah, it's odd that the stand for this one is so 'basic' compared to other similar tbleague offerings.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
really liking the look of this figure. Looks very nicely done. Could use some parts to make standard Egyptians...which leads me to the description - where they have blatantly messed up lol - they say Greek whereas Anubis is Egyptian!

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He is absolutely gorgeous, and almost equally wrong. Smile Nice to see that at least some of the hand sculpts are normal, although the lack of un-sandaled feet (in Egyptian art the gods don't wear sandals anyway) would somewhat limit the degree to which the body by itself could be used for a kitbash with a human head. In and of themselves, the heads are great, but I agree with Mark that they are too small for the body, and the neck puts them too high. Usually we can blame (if we chose to) TBLeague's departures from reality on copying ARH, but in this instance I don't see the ARH logo. So... Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking at this closely, if they just fixed the size of the heads the neck wouldn't look elongated. They are using the same body mold they already had, but the pin-heads are making it look giraffe necked. Double, or maybe even triple, the size of the heads, and it'll look normal (even with the head-dress).

male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I didn't want to hijack the Guv's review, and cool photos, so I'll just put this here. Finally had a chance to get this guy together. It's okay, for my purposes, as a mostly "fantasy" Egyptian set-up.

male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) _dsc3258
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) _dsc3259
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) _dsc3257
male - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The God of the Underworld - Anubis/Anubis Movable (PL2019-148) _dsc3260

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, that mini dio you've got them in there looks excellent. The sort of dramatic lighting really makes it very moody. I like it! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it too. Very nice set up, and it makes this set work better than the figure does by itself. And, for the record, you would have been totally welcome to post this in my review thread.

Adeno

That picture with the queen is awesome Very Happy Anubis actually looks cool!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Hey, where do you got that Scales from? I need one like this (Already started building one myself, but it is not that easy as it looks)

Ok back to Topic: I was on the verge for getting this figure, but in the end couldn't pull the trigger. It is really nice though, especially with that Dio! Very good display Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, everyone.

Valiarde wrote:Hey, where do you got that Scales from? I need one like this (Already started building one myself, but it is not that easy as it looks)

They came with a really bad Anubis figure (Mystic Forge, I think), along with the sarcophagus, and a few of the other items in that display. That figure was nasty smelling, made out of that toxic rubber — most of the pieces were so brittle they broke, so in my anger and frustration, I tossed most of it in the trash. Good luck with making your own scales — maybe you can find a cheap statue that has a set.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum