OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The adventures of Dr Jones

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

45The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:59 am

Valiarde

One of the best threads here. I'm a sucker for Indy and those pictures are just so well done!

46The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:05 pm

ReverendSpooky

Just stunning photos as always. Your Indy stuff just takes me right back to these movies every time I see them.

http://reverendspooky.com

47The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:56 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nicely done!

48The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:05 am

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent pics, blackpool. Very atmospheric. Hope you had a nice vacation. Looks like you had a bit fo fun playing around with Indy.

Thanks my friend! I indeed had a good dose of fun with him this summer he was gentle enough to comply to all my stupid ideas haha!

skywalkersaga wrote:Those are awesome! And leave it to a true 1/6 enthusiast to bring their toys on vacation... Wink

Thanks! As I live in Paris there are very little "outdoor" options besides forests and fields, and the weather is not great so it's been a few years I bring some figures to more exotic locations, last year I finally brought some 1/6, this year I brought my first hot toys lol

GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent! I love it. Looks like a beautiful screen cap from a real film. And you even managed to get some light in the eyes in the last one (a difficulty with the PERS head sculpt), while going for moody realism in the first two.

Thanks my friend! Actually I was lucky with the sun, I shot him in the afternoon but stayed a bit longer to catch the sunset, and it gave that very cool and low light, perfect to reveal his eyes!

Valiarde wrote:One of the best threads here. I'm a sucker for Indy and those pictures are just so well done!

Thank you 3000 for those kind words man!

ReverendSpooky wrote:Just stunning photos as always.  Your Indy stuff just takes me right back to these movies every time I see them.  

Haha then mission accomplished! Getting old I would say Indiana Jones movies engraved my popculture more than any other franchise, even star wars (and I do love star wars!)

Rogerbee wrote:
Nicely done!

Thanks a lot Roger!

One more from this summer, had a spare shirt from a rick grimes, after a few scissors wild cuts, it makes a decent temple of the doom version!

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indianajones_09

49The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:17 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my gosh, I love that ripped shirt look! If I could insert a *heart eyes* emoji here, I would. Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

50The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:50 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great shot of Indy. cheers

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 C8485110

51The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:00 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, another very realistic outdoors shot. Well done!

52The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nice job, I wouldn't have thought of using that shirt.

53The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:29 am

MerylAkiba

Whip it good!
The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_p4l24olHgB1rvjauh_540

54The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:19 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic again. Just now i see finaly that´s the moveable Eyeball Jones Sculpt. That works at all the pictures so well. Need this sculpt too Wink

55The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed May 26, 2021 12:11 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Digging up that old thread sorry friends Very Happy

I assembled again my indy and realized I had never used all the accessories given with it, at that time hot toys was doing a superb completionist job for nearly half of their current prices...

Anyway I had never used the provided background panel, neither the stand with the little antic statue, so here is my try at that very iconic moment of the Raiders of the lost Ark.

Hope you'll like, and again thanks to each of you for the great feedback and support!

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indy210

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indy110

56The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu May 27, 2021 10:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:I assembled again my indy and realized I had never used all the accessories given with it, at that time hot toys was doing a superb completionist job for nearly half of their current prices...

So true. This set came with such a wealth of options, including pretty much a whole second costume for the Egyptian disguise. Glad you are having more fun with it.

57The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu May 27, 2021 12:19 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a great couple of shots. And how sad that most of HT’s boxed sets don’t come with half as much stuff today. Very iconic posing and moment. (All you need is a young Alfred Molina to be mimicking behind him.)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 C8485110

58The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu May 27, 2021 12:32 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome pics, blackpool! Thank you for digging out those accessories and sharing them with us. Agree that it's so unfortunate that Hot Toys have become so stingy with extras over the years.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

59The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu May 27, 2021 12:41 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Well composed and nice, dramatic lighting.

60The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:02 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
OMG I remember this thread from the first weeks of OSF! Although for some dumb reason I never made a comment, even though for sure I thought I must have. Anyway, this is so awesome seeing it again, and the new pics are so well done they could be subbed for movie stills. Love the hidden lighting giving it that dramatic look! You should post the movie shot next to it for fun!

61The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:09 am

davidd

davidd
With photos beginning to leak out, it appears that Indy V is actually in production, so this is an appropriate time to resurrect this topic.

Also, June 12 marks the 40th anniversary of the original theatrical release of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

62The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:07 pm

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote: So true. This set came with such a wealth of options, including pretty much a whole second costume for the Egyptian disguise. Glad you are having more fun with it.

Hell yeah, second costume, double sided background panel for egypt and the jungle, these were the good ol' days!

Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a great couple of shots. And how sad that most of HT’s boxed sets don’t come with half as much stuff today. Very iconic posing and moment. (All you need is a young Alfred Molina to be mimicking behind him.)

Well I was thinking about since I juste received "the ock" aka octopus in spiderman 2, portrayed by Alfred Molina! And while the sculpt is not crazy good, the likeness is strong enough to make him recognizable... I might try that!

skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome pics, blackpool! Thank you for digging out those accessories and sharing them with us. Agree that it's so unfortunate that Hot Toys have become so stingy with extras over the years.

Indeed it is! I remember that DX was considered the supa luxury version, yet it was barely the cost of the standard figures nowadays, that include a couple of spare hands and a square base lol... Anyway! Thank you very much for the kind words!

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Well composed and nice, dramatic lighting.

Thanks a lot for the kind feedback mate!

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:OMG I remember this thread from the first weeks of OSF! Although for some dumb reason I never made a comment, even though for sure I thought I must have. Anyway, this is so awesome seeing it again, and the new pics are so well done they could be subbed for movie stills. Love the hidden lighting giving it that dramatic look! You should post the movie shot next to it for fun!

Haha, that was quite a while ago, I didn't know people had noticed my work so early lol, don't make me blush! As you asked, I just tried to put the two pictures side by side, the result is not perfect but I wasn't too far either!

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Raider10

davidd wrote:With photos beginning to leak out, it appears that Indy V is actually in production, so this is an appropriate time to resurrect this topic.
Also, June 12 marks the 40th anniversary of the original theatrical release of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Damn I didn't even know that! Thanks a lot for the headsup!!!

63The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:09 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Some of you guys might have noticed a slight change in my avatar... I just redid the classroom for prof Jones! Hope you'll like!

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indy510

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indy410

64The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:10 pm

blackpool

blackpool
And a couple more... no edits no cgi here lol

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indy610

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indy310

65The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent. And thanks for confirming... I thought something was a bit different with your avatar. Now this explains it. I'm not quite sure what the special effects were.

66The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:50 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
That's an awesome office environment! So much stuff, all perfectly to scale. People are really starting to amaze me with all their intricate interiors, but yours most of all.

Also, the comparison shot is just about spot on! Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum