OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“Dinosaurs and man, two species separated by 65 million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?”
Estimated to Ship Q4 2020

Noted scientist Dr. Alan Grant stands at the pinnacle of the paleontological world. He’s a dying breed, his love of the hunt defined by the trowel at his belt and his ever-present six-inch Velociraptor claw. For Grant, the journey is as fundamental as the destination, and knowledge gained without getting your hands dirty is missing one crucial element: Fun. He has a craving for wonder, and little patience for technology.

Grant also lacks patience for fundraising. He’s a digger. Time spent groveling for money is time better spent in the field. So when noted theme park mogul John Hammond offers to fully fund Grant’s project for three years in exchange for a few days of Grant’s time, it’s hard to say no.

Thus, Grant’s adventure begins, and the wonder induced by Hammond’s actual, live dinosaurs leads to speculation of the dangers inherent in rushing madly into such an endeavor. Which, in turn, descends into horror, as speculation becomes grim, deadly reality. And Grant soon learns that a lifetime studying the lives of dinosaurs is not the same as learning to survive them.

Chronicle Collectibles is thrilled to bring to Jurassic Park fans worldwide our OneSixth posable figure of Dr. Alan Grant. Featuring a fully-articulated body, the figure includes a fine assortment of accessories, including a pair of gloved hands holding a baby raptor, a hand holding a flare, and two swappable portraits in the likeness of actor Sam Neill.  Adorned with a custom-tailored reconstruction of Grant’s costume from the original film, this figure will allow Jurassic Park fans the freedom to recreate their own vision of Dr. Grant to idealize the figure’s presence on desk or shelf. For fans who choose to order direct from Chronicle Collectibles, they will receive a Chronicle Exclusive swap-out hand holding a raptor claw. Quantities are limited, so reserve yours today!

Sixth scale figure body with over 30 points of articulation
One swappable portrait of Grant wearing his iconic hat
Additional portrait of Grant, sans hat
Swap out hands that are gloved and holding a baby raptor
Swap out hand holding a flare
Chronicle Exclusive - A swap-out hand holding a raptor claw
Keep figure away from technology
Keep children away from figure
© Universal City Studios LLC and Amblin Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

$229.99 USD

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree276
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree278
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree277
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree281
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree279
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree280
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree284
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree283
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree282
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree285

JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Velociraptor

“You stare at him, and he just stares right back.  And that’s when the attack comes.  Not from the front, but from the side…from the other two raptors you didn’t even know were there.”
Estimated to ship Q4 2020

With that bone-chilling description of a long-extinct reptilian terror, Dr. Alan Grant foreshadowed the horror that would all-too-soon dominate his life.  That tale presaged a cascading sequence of sounds and revelations, each in turn dialing up the level of dread until, at last, that lightning-fast alpha predator is revealed:  The Velociraptor, the supreme pack hunter of Jurassic Park.

While the T. rex was the superficial king of Jurassic Park, the Velociraptors arguably stole the show, especially in terms of skin-crawling fear.  Their calculating eyes, coupled with their speed and ability to make astonishing leaps, made for a far deadlier encounter for young Lex and Tim as the raptors stalked the two children through the compound’s kitchen.

Chronicle Collectibles is thrilled to present to collectors the OneSixth Velociraptor Articulated Figure.  Standing at 25 inches in overall length and 12” in height, our raptor features 12 points of articulation and comes complete with three sets of hands – one with relaxed hands, one neutral position and the others outstretched for an attack.  

Discerning collectors who purchase directly from Chronicle Collectibles will enjoy a bonus accessory: the Raptor handler’s stun baton and hard hat. Quantities are limited, so reserve yours today.

At least 12 points of articulation.
Three pairs of hands: Relaxed, neutral and attack.
Chronicle Collectibles Exclusive – Raptor handler’s stun baton and hard hat
Measures approximately 25"D x 12"H x 4"W
Constructed of PVC.
Lethal at nine months.
© Universal City Studios LLC and Amblin Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

$449.99 USD

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree287
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree286
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree288
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree290
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree289
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree291
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree294
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree292
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree293
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree295
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree296
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree297
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree298
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree299

JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Grant and Velociraptor Bundle
Regular price$624.99

Estimated to ship Q4 2020

We have paired our OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant and OneSixth Velociraptor into a Chronicle Exclusive bundle that includes Grant's Raptor Claw hand and the Velociraptor's stun baton and hard hat.

Velociraptor Details:

At least 12 points of articulation.
Three pairs of hands: Relaxed, neutral and attack.
Chronicle Collectibles Exclusive – Raptor handler’s stun baton and hard hat
Measures approximately 25"D x 12"H x 4"W
Constructed of PVC.
Lethal at nine months.
Dr. Alan Grant Details:

Sixth scale figure body with over 30 points of articulation.
One swappable portrait of Grant wearing his iconic hat.
Additional portrait of Grant, sans hat.
Swap out hands that are gloved and holding a baby raptor.
Swap out hand holding a flare.
Chronicle Exclusive - A swap-out hand holding a raptor claw.
Keep figure away from technology.
Keep children away from figure.

#newproduct #ChronicleCollectibles #JurassicPark #Dr.AlanGrant #Velociraptor #male #dinosaur #movie #Sci-Fi/Fantasy

shazzdan

shazzdan
It certainly looks like Sam Neill. Some angles are better than others.

It is nice to see some articulation on the animal but $450 is ridiculous. It would be cheaper to get a few stationary velociraptors in different poses.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, that's fun! Made me realize I hadn't really seen many Jurassic Park 1/6 figures. Though that could just be because I'm late to the party. ;p

Now I want a Jeff Goldblum....  ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
What does "lethal at nine months" mean?

Delanie

Delanie
I was thinking wow i'll get the raptor but $449 you have to be joking I'll stick with the 'Beasts of the Mezoic' ones I have

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. These companies are insane. The Raptor is over-priced by $200. And from what I’ve heard, these guys are less like HT, and more like Star Ace, when it comes to Prototype to Production — particularly in regards to paint apps.

And, no, skywalkersaga, you’re actually not late to the party — these are the first licensed 1/6 JP figures.

I was looking forward to getting a raptor — but there’s nothing about a figure with “at least 12 points of articulation” to justify that price point.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's a size comparison shot:

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Scree300

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Admittedly, I hadn’t noticed the price when I was scrolling down — definitely wayyy too steep for what it actually is. :/

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
yeah I saw these last week advertised and gawped at the price.

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

MarkEl

Love it but too steep for me. If the head sculpts were without attached necks, I’d pick them up.

blackpool

blackpool
I love the "at least" 12 points of articulations, at that price point I wish they were not lazy to stop counting after 12 lol. 500$ for a raptor seems so out of price, even more comparing it horses that are on the market (about the same weight of plastic and paint no?)

Apart from that ridiculous pricing Alan Grant looks very cool and I appreciate the "special" hands they made for him that balance a little the lack of accessories (tho when thinking hard I cannot name an iconic accessory that he would definitely need)

As Skywalkersage mentioned, now I want Ian Malcom, and I want him shirtless battle damaged just as she wants huh! "life finds... a way!"

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
blackpool wrote:

As Skywalkersage mentioned, now I want Ian Malcom, and I want him shirtless battle damaged just as she wants huh! "life finds... a way!"

Bahahaha, I feel so called out, but I'm not even denying it. Yes, that is what I want. Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:I love the "at least" 12 points of articulations, at that price point I wish they were not lazy to stop counting after 12 lol. 500$ for a raptor seems so out of price, even more comparing it horses that are on the market (about the same weight of plastic and paint no?)

That’s my thought. Look at the armored horse I just put up: $224.99 for an animal covered in elaborately etched sheet metal — vs. this, which they’ve sculpted Dinos before, so nothing out of the ordinary for them — just price gouging.

skywalkersaga wrote:
blackpool wrote:

Bahahaha, I feel so called out, but I'm not even denying it. Yes, that is what I want. Laughing

We all knew you were thinking it. Embarassed tongue

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:

skywalkersaga wrote:
blackpool wrote:As Skywalkersage mentioned, now I want Ian Malcom, and I want him shirtless battle damaged just as she wants huh! "life finds... a way!"

We all knew you were thinking it. Embarassed tongue

Well, he was undeniably a huge childhood crush... :'D

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
450$ for an articulate backdrop item is way to steep in my opinion. i know its worlds apart in terms of effort and production complexity, but seeing my 3d printed deathclaw standing taller than the figure posted above at the cost of less than 20€(come to think of it it wasnt even one whole spool of filament) and the fact that there are articulated printable models available for free on thingiverse(skeletons, mr handy robots and such) i'd think twice about paying more than 100$ for a background dinosaur, let alone 450.

the likeliness to sam neill is there, though i cant help but getting a cartoonish vibe from the head sculpt, cant quite put my finger on it. im a big fan of the actor, still i prefer his darker roles such as in the mouth if madness or event horizon. maybe a sculpt for some custom figure in the future, who knows.

as for the other suggestion, i'm surprised there had been no figure capturing that particular scene to date. i mean by now its a meme in itself and you cant have jurassic park without jeff goldblum.
that figure alone would rate 10 out of 10 possible goldblums.
being the nice and cheerful guy that he is, he really deserves being immortalized with a figure additionally to his movies of course.
though again i'd prefer a seth brundle kind of head sculpt if i was going for a "the fly" bash.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Tjolnir wrote:450$ for an articulate backdrop item is way to steep in my opinion. i know its worlds apart in terms of effort and production complexity, but seeing my 3d printed deathclaw standing taller than the figure posted above at the cost of less than 20€(come to think of it it wasnt even one whole spool of filament) and the fact that there are articulated printable models available for free on thingiverse(skeletons, mr handy robots and such) i'd think twice about paying more than 100$ for a background dinosaur, let alone 450.

Yeah, with you and everyone else in agreeing that the price tag on the raptor is utterly ridiculous. As others have noted, even the most expensive and highly-detailed Mr.Z horses have only been going for about £175 at most. 

Tjolnir wrote:
the likeliness to sam neill is there, though i cant help but getting a cartoonish vibe from the head sculpt, cant quite put my finger on it. im a big fan of the actor, still i prefer his darker roles such as in the mouth if madness or event horizon. maybe a sculpt for some custom figure in the future, who knows.

The cartoonish vibe could be due to the expression... it is tough to do 'expression' head sculpts without looking a little wonky from some angles at the very least. Or, it could be due to the paintjob seeming just a liiiittle bit on the flat side. 

Agree with you on enjoying his darker roles. Event Horizon scared the bejeezus out of me when I was younger! And more recently I thought he was brilliant as the antagonist in the first season of Peaky Blinders. 

Tjolnir wrote:

as for the other suggestion, i'm surprised there had been no figure capturing that particular scene to date. i mean by now its a meme in itself and you cant have jurassic park without jeff goldblum.
that figure alone would rate 10 out of 10 possible goldblums

Ha, indeed. I'm surprised there hasn't been one as well, hence why I was convinced I must have just missed it!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I would have joined the choir two days ago if we didn't have a planned power outage due to the fire hazard... yes, the dinosaur is looking like a beautiful recreation of what we saw in Jurassic Park, but the price is pretty much insane. I rather doubt this will make it to production if they are waiting to see how the pro-orders go. Alan Grant looks very good, although I think the sculpt is just a little soft for this type of high end collectible, not to mention the HT pricing.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice to see you back — I hope you are safe and not at risk of any fires! :O

blackpool

blackpool
skywalkersaga wrote:

Well, he was undeniably a huge childhood crush... :'D

Well I guess we made a point about what we want...

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: JURASSIC PARK OneSixth Dr. Alan Grant, Velociraptor & Bundle (2-pack) Do6zMUOUcAANFCI

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hahaha, I saw that just a few minutes ago on FB and came here to post....  Laughing Laughing Laughing

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
I'm definitely not in for either at those price points, and I've been after a good Dr. Grant for years now.

This looks like a good Grant, but that's at like 400 Canadian, which I cannot possibly justify.

We could potentially see a knock-off at some point. Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if these got shelved like their first incarnations from CC.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Nice to see you back — I hope you are safe and not at risk of any fires! :O

Thanks, I hope so too. We're probably in for another power outage soon, but if it is just that, it's infinitely better than a fire.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Nice to see you back — I hope you are safe and not at risk of any fires! :O

Thanks, I hope so too. We're probably in for another power outage soon, but if it is just that, it's infinitely better than a fire.

Good luck, and take care!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Guv, you need to get out if you can — I mean out of the state. Stay safe, my friend.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Guv, you need to get out if you can — I mean out of the state. Stay safe, my friend.

Hey, I just got here less than a year ago! Smile But thanks for the sentiments!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum