OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hey fellas,

Been working on my new Man-Cave since the wife and I bought a new house in October of last year. Been slow going. It's still a WIP, but it's getting closer to it's final stage. Needs to be cleaned up and final organization finished. But I thought I'd share this WIP pic anyway:

collection - My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) 5lZ9740

#collection #display

ostfront43

ostfront43
Speechless, huge man cave to be sure. The 1:1 ladies are attention getters.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ostfront43 wrote:Speechless, huge man cave to be sure. The 1:1 ladies are attention getters.  

Hehe. There are actually seven of them altogether. Over the years they’ve freaked more than a couple repairmen out when they headed into the basement of our old house to get to the utility room. One guy almost screamed, thinking he was bumping into a real person. My wife finds it humorous.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is truly a very impressive space -- part library, part video (dvd) store, part action figure display, part wax figure museum (except with dummies). And I don't know where you guys find these cool wives of yours... Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

scalawag

scalawag
Impressive mate, what a great space you have there. Love the ladies, they add a certain something for sure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:This is truly a very impressive space -- part library, part video (dvd) store, part action figure display, part wax figure museum (except with dummies). And I don't know where you guys find these cool wives of yours... Wink

Yeah, I lucked out when I met my wife. But getting to her was quite the trial; I went thru more than my fair share of psychos, and had nearly given up on women altogether.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
scalawag wrote:Impressive mate, what a great space you have there.  Love the ladies, they add a certain something for sure.

“My Girls” (as my wife calls them), were oddly my sort-of reintroduction to 1/6th. Scary thing is, those mannequins cost less to buy and clothe (not to mention easier), then the majority of my 1/6 figures.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Quite the place you have there. I intend to display as much as I can in my new place too, got to find it first though!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Quite the place you have there. I intend to display as much as I can in my new place too, got to find it first though!

CHEERS!

Thanks. And good luck in your search for a house with a Man-Cave of your own. I never thought I’d have a place like this in my lifetime. The entire downstairs of our new house, aside from the utility room, is all set aside for my junk. There’s a bathroom and what was a bedroom (now my music room where I house all my CDs, my drum kit and piano).

And don’t worry, the wife has her spaces, too. She finally has the 3 seasons porch she’s always wanted, a big walk-in closet, her own office, and the corner lot she’s dreamed about since she was a kid (I’m not entirely selfish).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:“My Girls” (as my wife calls them), were oddly my sort-of reintroduction to 1/6th. Scary thing is, those mannequins cost less to buy and clothe (not to mention easier), then the majority of my 1/6 figures.

Oh I believe that. Often when I buy clothing for a sixth-scale figure I think to myself whether it would have been less expensive in 1:1. And it very often is...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Very cool! I feel like. A professor type will walk from behind the bookcases and start telling my about a Cthulhu legend. Very intellectual looking escape place. In my mind, I pretend the 1:1 are Fembots you created. Lol!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:Very cool! I feel like. A professor type will walk from behind the bookcases and start telling my about a Cthulhu legend. Very intellectual looking escape place. In my mind, I pretend the 1:1 are Fembots you created. Lol!

Thanks. I’m hoping it will turn out to be an intellectual escape. The table in the center, filled with all the figures right now, is actually one I purchased for a chess table.

Hmmm... Fembots... if only I had the technical skill to make that happen... Twisted Evil

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Quite the place you have there. I intend to display as much as I can in my new place too, got to find it first though!

CHEERS!

Thanks. And good luck in your search for a house with a Man-Cave of your own. I never thought I’d have a place like this in my lifetime. The entire downstairs of our new house, aside from the utility room, is all set aside for my junk. There’s a bathroom and what was a bedroom (now my music room where I house all my CDs, my drum kit and piano).

And don’t worry, the wife has her spaces, too. She finally has the 3 seasons porch she’s always wanted, a big walk-in closet, her own office, and the corner lot she’s dreamed about since she was a kid (I’m not entirely selfish).

Well, the thing with me is that I'm single, so whatever I get will be all mine! Twisted Evil

CHEERS!

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Master . . . I bow before you . . .

collection - My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) Bowing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Signatures work! I finally did it! DFC, is that seductive lady going to be in each of your signatures?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:Master . . . I bow before you . . .

I should be the one bowing before you, Sir.

Hey! Sigs do work! Awesome!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

collection - My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) C8485110

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:Signatures work! I finally did it! DFC, is that seductive lady going to be in each of your signatures?

--

Yep!

I'm happy to see her in her proper size greatness instead of the minuscule size elsewhere.

All of us should check out our signature and make sure it is how we want it (i.e. quip, pic, etc.).

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
Wow......that man cave set up is nice looking.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Raiden. And welcome aboard.

dadrab

dadrab
Stryker, that is one helluva work/study/play space.

Congratulations, sir.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, dadrab. I feel pretty lucky to have it.

Did a little more work yesterday, and have all the figures off that center table. The three steel grey “legs” leaning up against the DVD shelves is for a 8’ x 2.5’ butcher block work bench that’s going to go in the back by the display cabinets. Then I’ll finally have some place to work on my figers without cluttering up my office desk.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn, Stryker, that is an incredible space! The whole thing has a classy feel, which is not always easy to accomplish. Perfect layout, and love the library style shelves of books. One hell of a manly sanctuary.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed that is one very impressive Man-Cave!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, guys. I’m just about finished with it. When I’m done cleaning up and getting things put in there proper place I’ll take more pics.

MarkEl

Wow. What a great space, and so many interesting things there. It reminds me of the cozy vibe of old-style library. You’re lucky to have a space that reflects all your interests. Cool!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum