OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Box AT027 Mini Review

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26WorldBox - World Box AT027 Mini Review - Page 2 Empty Re: World Box AT027 Mini Review Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:09 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Welcome, Tjolnir, glad you liked it and the body itself. Great that you found a good head for it soo easily, but yes, it is a rather tall/large body, so clothing it appropriately would be a challenge. I'm sure you can give the outfit you had prepared to another figure, while you make a new one for this one.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

27WorldBox - World Box AT027 Mini Review - Page 2 Empty Re: World Box AT027 Mini Review Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:12 pm

skywalkersaga

Resurrecting this thread, as I'm considering finally getting one of these.

Question for GF (or anyone else who has one) -- what is the actual measurement of the neck? As in, the width at the top. Before buying one, I need to find out if the head I want to use will actually fit on it...

28WorldBox - World Box AT027 Mini Review - Page 2 Empty Re: World Box AT027 Mini Review Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:40 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Question for GF (or anyone else who has one) -- what is the actual measurement of the neck? As in, the width at the top. Before buying one, I need to find out if the head I want to use will actually fit on it...

It depends on exactly where you measure, as it tapers inward toward the top. The part where the head would typically sit is about 2 cm wide. The outside walls of the neck narrow to about 1.5 cm, but that part would be concealed. I did notice some heads might have too narrow an opening to sit naturally on it. You if that will be an issue for the head sculpt of your choice, you might consider a TBLeague M34 or M36 instead -- there the neck is malleable and if need be can be widened through stuffing.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

29WorldBox - World Box AT027 Mini Review - Page 2 Empty Re: World Box AT027 Mini Review Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:26 pm

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Question for GF (or anyone else who has one) -- what is the actual measurement of the neck? As in, the width at the top. Before buying one, I need to find out if the head I want to use will actually fit on it...

It depends on exactly where you measure, as it tapers inward toward the top. The part where the head would typically sit is about 2 cm wide. The outside walls of the neck narrow to about 1.5 cm, but that part would be concealed. I did notice some heads might have too narrow an opening to sit naturally on it. You if that will be an issue for the head sculpt of your choice, you might consider a TBLeague M34 or M36 instead -- [bt]here the neck is malleable[/b] and if need be can be widened through stuffing.

Thanks for taking the time to share the measurements! I'll dig out the head in question and compare. It's just a rather expensive body and I wouldn't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed the moment I try it on. ;p

As you say, one of the tbleague's might be a safer bet when it comes to the neck, cause at least the necks on those are squishy so there's some give.

30WorldBox - World Box AT027 Mini Review - Page 2 Empty Re: World Box AT027 Mini Review Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for taking the time to share the measurements! I'll dig out the head in question and compare. It's just a rather expensive body and I wouldn't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed the moment I try it on. ;p

As you say, one of the tbleague's might be a safer bet when it comes to the neck, cause at least the necks on those are squishy so there's some give.

No problem. Yes, M34 or M35 would work very well, unless (a) the necks are too thick for the head -- they would still fit, but look funny -- or (b) the clothes you have in mind don't fit on them.

31WorldBox - World Box AT027 Mini Review - Page 2 Empty Re: World Box AT027 Mini Review Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
That looks like a great body, nicely articulated too!

32WorldBox - World Box AT027 Mini Review - Page 2 Empty Re: World Box AT027 Mini Review Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:10 pm

Chip

I wish the AT017 had the same shoulder articulation . Looks good .

33WorldBox - World Box AT027 Mini Review - Page 2 Empty Re: World Box AT027 Mini Review Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:37 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks guys. I like it too, just wish the ankles on mine weren't so weak.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum