OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help finding Idris Elba/Brixton Lore Head Sculpture

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DMAN970

DMAN970
I plan on making a Brixton Lore scale figure, but Idris Elba head sculpt is very hard to find.

Are the any independent sculptors who are making and selling celeb sculpts and figures?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
There are numerous custom sculptors out there, who work in a variety of media, from sculpted clay, to resin casts, and also 3D printing. Some may have posted their work here or on other 1/6 forums before, while others are to be found solely via social media, such as instagram and facebook. 

Just as a heads-up, be aware that custom headsculpts can run on the extremely expensive side, depending on the artist. Especially if you also require a custom paint job as well. Some may offer both services, but then sometimes you might have to commission a paint job from a different artist, which can obviously add to the overall expense of such a project. This is not to put you off, but just to make sure you have a realistic idea of how much things like this can cost when it comes to custom 1/6 pieces. 

I've never commissioned an original headsculpt myself [though I have plans to do so eventually], so I cannot give recommendations based on personal experience.  There is a member of this board, Peter the Painter, who offers both sculpting and painting services for very reasonable rates. You can reach out to him via PM to see if he'd be able to help you with your project. : ) 

For an example, forum member BusinessDog recently posted a custom project using one of Peter's sculpts [for the James MacAvoy character]: 

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2060-david-dunn-bruce-willis-vs-the-beast-james-mcavoy-custom-1-6

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Contact Peter the Painter (pm him here); he’s reasonable and fast.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Need help finding Idris Elba/Brixton Lore Head Sculpture C8485110

DMAN970

DMAN970
Thanks skywalkersaga and Stryker2011 I just pm him.

I know the perfect bodies for the figure there's one I would have to paint and the other looks a little too bulky but they could both do.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think you might want to e-mail (not private message) Peter the Painter; some time ago he lost his password, and although I have sent him a workaround, we haven't seen him on since. You should be able to e-mail via the contact info section on his profile.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, thanks for that, I wasn’t aware!

DMAN970

DMAN970
Oh do you know his email GubernatorFan?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DMAN970 wrote:Oh do you know his email GubernatorFan?

Have you seen this:
https://www.ebay.com/i/163904430491?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=163904430491&targetid=595232447709&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9032310&poi=&campaignid=2086087614&mkgroupid=76935344043&rlsatarget=pla-595232447709&abcId=1141016&merchantid=116341613&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuMu8wq265QIVUhh9Ch3-EAeHEAYYASABEgIkO_D_BwE

As for Peter, go here and click on the e-mail button to write him an e-mail:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/u28contact

Hope this helps.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice find, GF!

DMAN970

DMAN970
GubernatorFan wrote:
DMAN970 wrote:Oh do you know his email GubernatorFan?

Have you seen this:
https://www.ebay.com/i/163904430491?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=163904430491&targetid=595232447709&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9032310&poi=&campaignid=2086087614&mkgroupid=76935344043&rlsatarget=pla-595232447709&abcId=1141016&merchantid=116341613&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuMu8wq265QIVUhh9Ch3-EAeHEAYYASABEgIkO_D_BwE

As for Peter, go here and click on the e-mail button to write him an e-mail:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/u28contact

Hope this helps.

Yes I have seen the 1/12 head Sculpt Idris Elba but I am aiming for 1/6.

Thanks for the Peter email address link.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Out of curiosity, is that link to Peter's email still working? I have looked several times now, but it seems there is no 'email button' when I view his profile. Does anyone still have a way of contacting him?

Ovy

Ovy
I know that someone commissioned a Freddie Mercury head and that Peter made an exception, as he is 'retired' actually.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:I know that someone commissioned a Freddie Mercury head and that Peter made an exception, as he is 'retired' actually.

Do you mean BusinessDog's Freddie sculpt from a while ago, or is this a more recent one? I didn't realize he had retired...  confused

Ovy

Ovy
skywalkersaga wrote:
Ovy wrote:I know that someone commissioned a Freddie Mercury head and that Peter made an exception, as he is 'retired' actually.

Do you mean BusinessDog's Freddie sculpt from a while ago, or is this a more recent one? I didn't realize he had retired...  confused
A more recent one from the German forum, but he was not a first time customer so maybe Peter made an exception. Also the first time I heard of it. I can ask the customer if you want, don't know if Peter is still reading this.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

A more recent one from the German forum, but he was not a first time customer so maybe Peter made an exception. Also the first time I heard of it. I can ask the customer if you want, don't know if Peter is still reading this.

Sure, no problem. Also, apologies to the OP , I hadn't meant to commandeer the thread. Was just curious myself as to how to get in touch with Peter, regarding something I'd contacted him about previously. But feel free to PM me , since I don't want to derail this thread further.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum