OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: WOLFKING: 1/6 sexy female pirate head carved red hair & blonde (WK89016BC)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GeeWillikers

skywalkersaga wrote:I’d be curious to see some pics of it in-hand ...

I've been tied up with some family stuff over this week, but I'll try to get to it on Monday. Smile

skywalkersaga

GeeWillikers wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I’d be curious to see some pics of it in-hand ...

I've been tied up with some family stuff over this week, but I'll try to get to it on Monday. Smile

Aw, no rush!  : )

GeeWillikers

OK, here we are (slightly NSFW to better show off the colour match):

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: WOLFKING: 1/6 sexy female pirate head carved red hair & blonde (WK89016BC) - Page 2 DSCN1169d
^ Flash

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: WOLFKING: 1/6 sexy female pirate head carved red hair & blonde (WK89016BC) - Page 2 DSCN1169c
^ Natural light (overcast English afternoon variety)

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: WOLFKING: 1/6 sexy female pirate head carved red hair & blonde (WK89016BC) - Page 2 DSCN1169
^ Pale red filter - looks best under this light IMO.

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: WOLFKING: 1/6 sexy female pirate head carved red hair & blonde (WK89016BC) - Page 2 DSCN1169a
^ Those ridiculous ears (actually not so much too small as just oddly positioned) - luckily the hair is 'springy' enough that you need never see them - or that ugly neck joint. The hair is also less 'bouffant' than in the promos, which is just fine by me.
Note: See also photographer's pasty English finger for contrast and comparison - I may make this a dedicated feature of future shoots.  Laughing

In conclusion, this is OK, but not much more than that to be honest. It's not actually a bad sculpt or anything, but the possibilities are limited with that look, IMHO. Great if you can pick it up cheap (my seller was willing to negotiate), but again, it only really colour-matches with a Jaiou wheat body. Under certain light conditions though, I reckon this will pass for a Hispanic character if you have specific need of one.

Now that I'm more familiar with it however, the facial features remind me not of Jesse Jane but of an exaggerated version of a certain 1970s-present day British actress in her arguable 'prime' (especially around the eyes), but as it's now spoilt the Hispanic look for me, I won't say who it is. Very Happy

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Hmm, doesn’t look too bad in some of those first pics. Are those hands stock from the Jiaou? They look huge in a couple shots, but I like the nails.

I wonder, are you talking about Helen Mirren...?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:Hmm, doesn’t look too bad in some of those first pics. Are those hands stock from the Jiaou? They look huge in a couple shots, but I like the nails.

The hands are from a long-forgotten set from years ago, but I thought they'd look good with this figure. They do look a little large, but I'm not sure if that's mostly down to them being spread wide (the others in the set look fine). It's a fairly common set, now I think about it, but the nail colour is a rare variant. Happily, they are a very good match for this body.

Stryker2011 wrote:I wonder, are you talking about Helen Mirren...?
Heh, no, but of similar classy vintage (like a fine wine). It's completely the wrong body for the person I'm thinking of, if that helps any. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The head to body match looks pretty close. Joanna Lumley (but she was more attractive)?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
GubernatorFan wrote:The head to body match looks pretty close. Joanna Lumley (but she was more attractive)?

10/10!  

In her younger modelling days of course (and yes, much more attractive)
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: WOLFKING: 1/6 sexy female pirate head carved red hair & blonde (WK89016BC) - Page 2 Joanna+Lumley
(other, poutier examples are available at forum-busting sizes)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:In her younger modelling days of course (and yes, much more attractive)

Of course... I loved her guest appearances on Are You Being Served? Unfortunately, the stills are all at least somewhat grainy.

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: WOLFKING: 1/6 sexy female pirate head carved red hair & blonde (WK89016BC) - Page 2 MV5BZmYwMTUwOTgtNzE3My00MjE0LThjMTMtZDk4N2VhZTZkOGQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUyODMyMw@@._V1_

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: WOLFKING: 1/6 sexy female pirate head carved red hair & blonde (WK89016BC) - Page 2 B17e60f4a60c112bec850b22bed3b9e6

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'm glad it's not just me who sees it. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the pics, GeeW! Seems like you made pretty good use of it . Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the pics, GeeW! Seems like you made pretty good use of it . Wink

Laughing

It's good to have finally found a compatible head for one of those pneumatic Jaiou euro bodies, I suppose. Now all I have to deal with is the skin maintenance. Neutral

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Question for GeeW -- I assume this head would work on some of the tbleague bodies? Mainly thinking the s12d or s23b?

You don't need to take pics or anything, just checking if you think it would work with one of those. Skintone not important in this case, just fit...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yeah, it should be OK size and fit-wise for a TBL of that height. It might in theory even look better than on a Jaiou body purely in terms of fit, in that TBL necks are fatter and so there'd be less of an obvious seam/gap.  

And yes, the sculpt's skintone is far off either TBL skintone.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you so much for confirming that, GeeW! Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum