OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Description
FREE Bonus Incentive Art Print (Only from BigChiefStudios.com)

Pre-order your’s today and choose to pay either via monthly payment plan, or in full and receive a unique lithographic print of the specially commissioned box art by artist Lee Sullivan.
Offer ends 31st December 2019.

Usual Price

£199.99*

Special Introductory Discounted Pricing

Payment Plan £189.99 save £10.00*
Payment in Full £179.99 save £20.00*
Offer ends 31st December 2019.
* Prices shown are inclusive of VAT.

John Koenig was assigned command of Moonbase Alpha to oversee the launch of a deep-space probe and to investigate the outbreak of a mysterious virus. Arriving at Moonbase Alpha, Koenig discovered that the crisis was much worse with eleven men having died from an unknown condition.

Alpha's chief medical officer, doctor Helena Russell, believed that the men had died s a result of radiation exposure. Tests of the two nuclear waste disposal area came up negative, However, when Nuclear Disposal Area One suddenly flared up and exploded, the conclusion was that a new, previously unknown form of magnetic radiation had killed the astronauts.

Not only was everyone on Moonbase Alpha at risk from the radiation, but if Nuclear Disposal Area Two was also affected, the colossal amount of nuclear waste stored there would cause the greatest explosion in human history.

Koenig ordered the removal of the nuclear waste containers, dispersing them across a wide area of the Moon's surface, thus reducing the concentrated mass of nuclear waste and the risk of a catastrophic explosion. Unfortunately, Koenig’s measures were too late, and the nuclear waste violently exploded.

The Moon was pushed out of orbit by the rocket motor-like thrust of the explosion and sent speeding from the solar system into the unexplored and unimaginable void of deep space.

With the Moon's high velocity and rapidly increasing distance from Earth, Koenig made the hard decision to not attempt an evacuation. Instead remaining on Alpha, where the base's personnel could sustain themselves and search for another planet on which to settle.

BIG Chief Studios present the first in a series of collector figures based on the characters from Gerry Anderson’s classic series Space 1999. From the stunningly life-like sculpt of Commander John Koenig to the expertly tailored uniform and faithfully replicated props in miniature, the figure will stand as the centrepiece in your Space 1999 collections.

What's in the Box
1 x Commander John Koenig Portrait Head featuring a fully realised likeness of Martin Landau
1 x Anatomix Male Body (Standard) with over 30 Points of Articulation
1 x Moonbase Alpha Personnel Command Jersey with Zippered Left Arm
1 x Pair of Moonbase Alpha Personnel Flared Trousers with Zippered Left Leg
1 x Specially Tailored Body-form Padded Under-suit
1 x Faux Leather Wide Belt
1 x Pair of Moonbase Alpha Personnel Boots
8 x Interchangeable Hands
1 x Commlock Personal Communication Device
1 x Stun Gun
1 x Holster
1 x Display Base with Stand
1 x EXCLUSIVE: FREE Bonus Incentive Art Print by artist Lee Sullivan

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree109
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree108
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree110
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree111
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree310
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree309
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree114
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree113
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree112
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree115
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree312
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree311
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree117
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree116
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree118
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree313
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree120
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Scree119

#newproduct #BigChiefStudios #CommanderJohnKoenig #Space:1999 #TVshow #MartinLandau #male #Sci-Fi

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They do seem to have captured that retro sci fi look, although I'm not really familiar with the actor and character. Now where is Moonbase Alpha Male to properly appreciate (or not) this product!?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think they’ve captured the look very well. That’s definitely Martin Landau. However, if that’s the best paint job they could do on the prototype, how bad will the final product look... With the price that BCS charges, one shouldn’t have to repaint the heads all the time (or pay extra for someone to do it).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Martin Landau was ever young!? I mean, middle aged!? I always thought he always looked old. Clearly I'm out of my depth here. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Google him from his Mission:Impossible days (not the movies, the 60s TV show).

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Google him from his Mission:Impossible days (not the movies, the 60s TV show).

LOL I was thinking of Walter Mathau. Looked him up. I see the resemblance, though it could be a bit better.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I think the paint is killing the likeness; but yeah, the likeness isn't all there. Here he is from the TV show Space:1999:

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Extern14
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Extern12
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Extern13
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Extern16
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Extern15

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, wow, my husband made me watch some of this recently ... and yeah, resemblance not amazing, and paint job strikes me as rather flat and dated.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Delanie

Delanie
What we need with him is an Alan Carter figure (played by Nick Tate) who was one of my childhood crushes, with an Eagle space craft to go with them.

Sigh I've always wanted the 44" model of the Eagle space craft but not at the price, (starts calculating)

44"= 1/24 th scale then at 1/6th the eagle would be 176" or 14 feet long , hmmm so anyone got a Biiig house they can give me should i decide to make one?

shazzdan

shazzdan
I always wanted to make the gadgets from that show in 1:6.

http://catacombs.space1999.net/main/merc/vmmcomlock.html

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 53142c7685c71f8bc7592cb410d7854b--serie-tv-tv-series

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Google him from his Mission:Impossible days (not the movies, the 60s TV show).

LOL I was thinking of Walter Mathau. Looked him up. I see the resemblance, though it could be a bit better.

Walter Mathau's head is easy. Just get a potato and carve some random chunks out of it. Keep the biggest chunk to stick back on for his nose. All done Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
Delanie wrote:What we need with him is an Alan Carter figure (played by Nick Tate) who was one of my childhood crushes, with an Eagle space craft to go with them.

Sigh I've always wanted the 44" model of the Eagle space craft but not at the price, (starts calculating)

44"= 1/24 th scale then at 1/6th the eagle would be 176" or 14 feet long , hmmm so anyone got a Biiig house they can give me should i decide to make one?

Maybe do the cockpit instead of the entire ship.

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 3cb8609327dca201c0590dbe947ab651

Here is the control centre on Moonbase Alpha.

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Big Chief Studios: Commander John Koenig Series 1 1:6 Scale Figures Limited Edition: 1999 Controlroom1976

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Interesting, if not entirely successful (although we've all seen far less accurate 'likenesses' in our time  Smile ). I wonder if they'll be sticking purely to first series characters if they do more (between the 1st and 2nd series this show had a major - and some would argue ill-advised - overhaul of tone and presentation, ditching important established characters and introducing newer, 'turbo-charged' ones)... I'd be happy to see an avuncular Victor Bergman figure alongside the inevitable shapeshifting Maya figure, even if currently I couldn't afford either.

With Alan Carter being the true 'action hero' of the show as well as one of the few series regulars who survived the character cull at the end of season one, he's a shoo-in for a figure if these continue.

I'd also like to see them try a few of the exotic aliens that featured throughout the show. Like Balor, the camp seven-foot tall space psychopath. Very Happy

(yeah I loved this show as a kid, so I know a lot about it even though time hasn't necessarily been entirely kind to those fond memories)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What... no one wants Barbara Bain’s character...?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:What... no one wants Barbara Bain’s character...?

Very Happy

Although thinking about it, it should be easy enough to capture her total lack of expression.  Smile

blackpool

blackpool
I really like the intent and the sculpture both on the head and hands is very good to me, so happy to see a decent rendition of Landau (makes me wish for a complete impossible mission line up). I agree the paint is weak, it nukes all the sculpt details, but he is still very recognizable so the sculpture must be very good, it's just hidden lol.

My biggest critic would be for the suit tho, as the character is deadly simple, it all lies in the details, and I find the fabric way too thick, it doesn't wrinkle nicely, and it gives a "barbie" feel rightaway (the waist seam is just awful)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum