OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Father Sword Exclusive: 500 Units

$250.00 USD

“Battle pleases you, Crom.
So grant me one request:
Grant me revenge!
And if you do not listen,
Then to Hell with you!”
Estimated to ship Q4 2020

The road is long and hard that leads Conan the Cimmerian from the slaughter of his people to the vengeance he seeks. His life has been a grueling, fiery crucible in which a fearsome warrior was forged, leading him, ultimately, to a singular moment. And in that moment, high atop the great pyramid of the Temple of Set, Conan at last comes face-to-face with his lifelong nemesis, Thulsa Doom, and exacts his revenge.

Chronicle Collectibles is understandably thrilled to introduce our Conan the Barbarian OneSixth Figure. Featuring a remarkable likeness of Arnold Schwarzenegger in his role as the titular character from the 1982 John Milius classic, the figure depicts Conan as we remember him from the film’s climactic scene, during his final confrontation with Thulsa Doom.

The fully sculpted portrait caps an all-original, muscular OneSixth body created specifically for the character, featuring multiple points of articulation. The figure comes clad in the pants Conan wore during the battle at the Mounds, with his feet protected by faux-fur-wrapped boots. Conan is armed with his Atlantean Sword, which the figure can either wield or wear at his side with the included faux-leather belt and scabbard. Additional costume options include the Wheel of Pain necklace, a Cult of Set medallion, and an Eye of the Serpent amulet necklace.

As an added bonus, collectors who choose to purchase the Conan the Barbarian OneSixth Figure directly from Chronicle Collectibles will receive the shattered Father Sword, broken during his battle with Doom’s thug, Lexor. This exclusive is limited to 500 units, so reserve yours today.

Officially licensed Conan the Barbarian collectible
New and unique Arnold Schwarzenegger body engineered specifically for this figure
Costume features pants, boots, belt, and scabbard from the film’s final scene
Includes the Wheel of Pain necklace, the Eye of the Serpent amulet, and Cult of Set medallion
Multiple hands for different poses
500-unit Chronicle Collectibles Exclusive - The broken Father Sword

©2019 Conan Properties International LLC. CONAN, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, HYBORIA and related logos, characters, names, and distinctive likeness thereof are trademarks or registered trademarks of Conan Properties International LLC. All rights reserved. Used with permission.

Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni10
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni11
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni12
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni14
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni13
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni15
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni18
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni17
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni16
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni19
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni20
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni21
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni22
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni23
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni24
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Chroni25
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Scree315
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Scree314
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Scree316

#newproduct #ChronicleCollectibles #ConantheBarbarian #male #movie #ArnoldSchwarzenegger #fantasy

shazzdan

shazzdan
Way way overpriced - especially since this isn't even a seamless figure and the head doesn't have rooted hair. You can get a TBL body and a quite decent Arnie/Conan headsculpt for a total of $100-$120. No way are the above accessories worth $130-$150.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. I like the pants and the Father sword, but overall, most of this doesn't work together. The body and the paint on the entire figure makes it look like a 1/12 figure. Very disappointed that we FINALLY get a licensed Arnie Conan, and this is the best they can do. I'll stick with my custom. I was sort of hoping this would be good enough to be able to make a possible Battle of the Mounds, or War-Paint version...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I wonder whether they are situationally unaware or just really hoping a licensed figure of something done at least three times already would sell better. I like the clothing and accessories, but although the specially developed body looks nice (and kudos for painting the nipples), this is not something they should be bragging about -- instead they could have cut the cost and sold this as a set to be complemented by a TBLeague body. I am divided on the head sculpt, though definitely not a fan of the sculpted hair. Come on, Chronicle Collectibles, if I can do it, so can you! And I don't think I need comment on the price, especially considering this is not a super extensive set.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, yeah... this really does not hold up well compared to either of the two recent Conan sets. Stryker is right that the paint job seems somehow not right for this scale. It’s too ‘soft’. And I get that they are trying to do a less common outfit, but the trousers make the figure look overly short and dumpy. If the sculpt and paint job on the face were amazing, then it might have a bit more draw.

I do like the sword and the boots on this one, though. But overall, a bit of an underwhelming (and overpriced) release. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
The pants make him look like Pirate Conan. He needs a white puffy shirt.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure C8cwpn10
Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Mrolym10

Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL,  that last pic ... XD 

But yeah, I mean, the trousers themselves seem fine, but I think the issue I'm having is more to do with the way they look on that 1/6 body. Either the boots are too big, or the legs are too short... or something. Also, there needs to be more of a 'gap' between the puffy part of the trousers and the knee. As it is, it just looks off. 

Someone on FB pointed out that the translucent sort of plastic used on this one is contributing to it having too much of a 'toy' appearance. I have to agree...

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
looks a nice figure, but no chance at that price. This company seem to be having a laugh at pricing their figures!!

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good catch, Stryker!

It also occurs to me now that there is a gulf between the possibly excessive weathering (pitting) on the head sculpt and the much smoother treatment of the neck and body.

Sky, where is the translucent plastic you mentioned?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The translucent material is what the body is made of. The guy who painted it mentioned it on the Freaks board (it’s one of the reasons why the head and body look so different). I would think if he had put a layer of primer on the body, the translucence wouldn’t have been as obvious.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the clarification, Mark!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GF -- I think they meant the fact that the body seems to be made of a slightly different plastic than the head sculpt.

ETA: Whoops, missed Strykers previous comment. Yeah, that's exactly it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Just went and looked it up again, and I had missed the fact that SilentSurfer is the one who painted it. I've liked a lot of his paintjobs in the past, so it kinda threw me. It probably is partly to do with the texture of the plastic....or perhaps I am just so used to either normal 'hard plastic' jointed bodies, or tbleague bodies. 

Anyway, nothing against Chronicle Collectibles... they have some good artists amongst them, but I just feel that so far they seem to be asking WAY too much for their 1/6 products. :/

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:<skipped photos>
They made him look like a pirate in the movie too.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
They remind me a bit of Landsknecht trousers... ;D

Male - NEW PRODUCT: Chronicle Collectibles: OneSixth Conan the Barbarian Figure Landsk10

blackpool

blackpool
Is it just me and my old eyes or the overal quality of this figure is so weak that it looks like a 1/12 mezco like?

Personally I find the head really ugly, the skin texture is overscaled and dramatically too marked compared to the rest of the body, which elbows remind me of early action men... The definition and color of hands is another problem, and honestly the outfit and weapons are missing some attention, even more at that price point...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
blackpool wrote:Is it just me and my old eyes or the overal quality of this figure is so weak that it looks like a 1/12 mezco like?

It's definitely not just you. Razz That's pretty much what I meant when I said the face seemed 'soft' ... like how a lot of 1/12 figures look ok from a bit of a distance, but up close the printed paint job goes all fuzzy and out of focus.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Is it just me and my old eyes or the overal quality of this figure is so weak that it looks like a 1/12 mezco like?

Personally I find the head really ugly, the skin texture is overscaled and dramatically too marked compared to the rest of the body, which elbows remind me of early action men... The definition and color of hands is another problem, and honestly the outfit and weapons are missing some attention, even more at that price point...

Yep to all of this. And my old eyes see the same as yours apparently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum