OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13214210

Macbeth is the protagonist of the famous drama "Macbeth" by British playwright Shakespeare.

The story tells the story of Scottish King Duncan's cousin, General Macbeth, who came back for the king's rebellion and resisting the invasion. Three witches were encountered on the road. The witch told him some prophecies and lingoes, saying that he would be the king, but he had no children to inherit the throne, but instead the descendants of General Banco would be king. Macbeth is an ambitious hero. He murdered Duncan under his wife and became a king. In order to hide people's eyes and prevent others from taking orders, he killed Duncan's bodyguards step by step, killing Banco and killing the wife and children of the nobleman McDuff. Fear and suspicion made Macbeth more and more ghosts and more and more cold. Mrs. Macbeth died in a mental disorder, and Macbeth was a little sad. In the case of rebellion, Macbeth faced the siege of Duncan's son and the England reinforcements he invited, and he ended up with a cut.

List:
Head carving *2
2. Gloves hand *4
3. Narrow shoulder body *1
4. Bib*1
5. Lobe *1
6. Cotton coat *1
7. vest *1
8.绶带*1
9. Long knife strap *1
10. Trousers*1
11. Leather skirt A*1
12. Inner belt *1
13. outer belt *1
14. Leggings * 1 pair
15. Leather boots * 1 pair
16. Leggings daggers *1
17. Waist dagger *2
18. Long knife *1
19. 长劒*1
20. Bracket *1

==================================================

POPTOYS 1/6 Television series EX028 Macbeth with two heads action figure
Macbeth is the protagonist of the famous play Macbeth written by Shakespeare.
The story tells of the general Macbeth, the cousin of King Duncan of Scotland, who came back from fighting against the invasion. He met three witches on the way. The witch prophesied to him that he would become king of Scotland, but he had no Offspring to inherit the throne. Instead, the descendants of his colleague general Banquo would be be king. Bolstered by his wife's words, Macbeth killed Duncan and became king. In order to prevent others from seizing the throne, he killed Duncan's bodyguard, Banquo, The wife and child of Macduff .Fear and suspicion made Macbeth become more and more cold-blooded.
Eventually Macbeth ended his life in the face of the siege of Duncan's son and English reinforcements
List:
Head*2
Hands*4
Body*1
Neckerchief*1
Undershirt*1
Cotton clothes*1
Vest*1
Ribbon*1
Long knife strip*1
Pants*1
Leather skirt armor*1
Inner belt*1
Waistband*1
Leg wrappings*1 pair
Boots*1 pair
Dagger*1
Dagger at the waist*1
Long knife*1
Sword*1
Figure stand*1

poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13214810
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13215511
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13220211
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13221010
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13221610
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13222210
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13222810
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13223310
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13223910
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13224710
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13225212
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13225810
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13230410
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13231010
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13231512
poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 13232610

#newproduct #PopToys #Macbeth #male #movie-based #Shakespeare #Scottish

shazzdan

shazzdan
"All hail, Macbeth, hail to thee Thane of Glamis, All hail Macbeth, hail to thee Thane of Cawdor, All hail Macbeth, that shalt be King hereafter."

Shakespeare's best play IMO. It is a good likeness of the movie character. The costume is stupid but that is the movie's fault, not the above figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just like Dan wrote... great rendition of the movie character, very questionable rendition of the historical (or perhaps even literary/play) character. Not to mention, my first reaction was "what, no kilt!?" Just kidding...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t know what to think, but I’m not a fan of the solid plastic boots/wraps — that looks cheap, and will limit articulation.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I never saw this version, mainly cause I wasn't really keen on what I'd seen of it from the trailers. Personally, I don't have an expectation of Shakespeare plays or adaptations thereof to be 'historically accurate', since the actual plays themselves are works of historical fiction and would have likely been performed in anachronistic costuming from the start. That said, I still just find this whole outfit rather unappealing from a simple aesthetic standpoint, and the interpretation of it in 1/6 form thus does little for me, either.  The headsculpt, I suppose, could be used for some kind of fantasy warrior 'bash, but the outfit and gear are just rather 'blah'.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I never saw this version, mainly cause I wasn't really keen on what I'd seen of it from the trailers. Personally, I don't have an expectation of Shakespeare plays or adaptations thereof to be 'historically accurate', since the actual plays themselves are works of historical fiction and would have likely been performed in anachronistic costuming from the start. That said, I still just find this whole outfit rather unappealing from a simple aesthetic standpoint, and the interpretation of it in 1/6 form thus does little for me, either.  The headsculpt, I suppose, could be used for some kind of fantasy warrior 'bash, but the outfit and gear are just rather 'blah'.

I have to agree with you. I’ve read all of Shakespeare’s work, and, like shazzdan, this is one of my favorites. This image of him is not at all how I pictured him in my mind. And as you said, all of it as a whole is fairly uninteresting. Too bad really, cause it’s sort of cool that they are continuing with this Medieval/fantasy trend.

poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
The problem is that if you used what the Scots really wore to battle, they wouldn't look much different to everyone else.

poptoys - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Movie Series - Scottish Majestic Macbeth [Double-headed Carving] Movable (# EX028) 3f66a3559b8693cde79337d41b40d062--medieval-armor-th-century

PitViper

PitViper
I wish they made a head w/o the face paint, as it would have made a great one for SF bashes. As it is, easy pass.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
very nice figure and great representation from the movie version. I did Macbeth for my A Level drama. Also went on to do several performances of it during university too. Excellent play, and yes, like you guys, out of all the Bard's works, I think this one is the best!

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

ScotsCav

ScotsCav
Just re-watched the movie (which is superb by the way) and this is a very good representation of Macbeth. Definite buy for me. POPTOYS are doing great stuff with this movie range.

Hoping now for a King Robert the Bruce from the Outlaw King!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have yet to see either this or The Outlaw King (though the latter is available on Netflix -- I'll have to check on Macbeth). Glad to see you finally post, ScotsCav Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Outlaw King was indeed pretty enjoyable, and gasp, was actually filmed in Scotland, too! Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
ScotsCav wrote:Just re-watched the movie (which is superb by the way) and this is a very good representation of Macbeth. Definite buy for me.  POPTOYS  are doing great stuff with this movie range.

Hoping now for a King Robert the Bruce from the Outlaw King!

Hey ScotsCav! Welcome. Good to see you posting. Any chance of seeing some of your work or part of your collection?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the perspective, ScotsCav -- I hadn't seen the film. If it is a good representation of the film's portrayal of the character, then all other concerns become secondary -- of course the portrayal may very well be flawed in the film itself.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Saw the Outlaw King last night. I enjoyed it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Saw the Outlaw King last night. I enjoyed it.

That's good to know. I've been debating on it for quite some time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum