OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Speaking of caught in the headlights, what is the source of the light that illuminates this snowy landscape at night to allow you to capture these beautiful shots? A fallen satellite? Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

AlKelAstra91

Really great captures, especially the lighting on the snow. Those arrows look absolutely awesome along with the rest of their gear. What's the headsculpt of the guy with long white hair and black furs? Is that a repainted Jake Gyllenhaal?

Diana

These photos are amazing!! So moody and FUN! I especially enjoyed those shots of her and dog peeking out of those "windows". AWESOME!! <3

And those winter shots... So convincing. Great lighting!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I think you’re selling yourself short. These pics are cool, and I love all the fur — looks cozy.

Ovy

Ovy
skywalkersaga wrote:They look freaking awesome! 

I am terribly tired tonight and losing my ability to 'word', but these are very striking pics! They look like wild creatures caught in headlights, lol. The snow is visible enough to make it clear that it'sthere, so hey... it works. ;D
Thanks, although your ability to word was impaired when you wrote this, 'wild creatures caught in the headlight' is a very good sounding description.

GubernatorFan wrote:Speaking of caught in the headlights, what is the source of the light that illuminates this snowy landscape at night to allow you to capture these beautiful shots? A fallen satellite? Smile
I am not sure yet if/ how electricity is still available and in use in my post pandemic world, but some ideas:

Some sort of light beacon, maybe placed by anthropologists of a mirror community to be discovered by our family.
Maybe it's solar powered.

Also the source might be a mirrorman himself, using some kind of glow globe. With his reflecting mask and equipment, he is seen as some kind of extradimensional spirit by the family and thus encountered with curiosity and carefulness, but not aggression. The mirrorman on the other hand is curious himself, maybe it's the anthropologist I mentioned some time ago but was never shown in pictures yet.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Really great captures, especially the lighting on the snow. Those arrows look absolutely awesome along with the rest of their gear. What's the headsculpt of the guy with long white hair and black furs? Is that a repainted Jake Gyllenhaal?
Thanks a lot! The headsculpt with the red facepaint?

It's actually Carol/Melissa McBride from the walking dead, posing as the mother/wife of the other two. Here is the WIP:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2385-02-28-20-the-children-of-the-monsters-snow-and-pelts#30922

Faceapp also thinks she is a guy.

AerynDiana wrote:These photos are amazing!! So moody and FUN! I especially enjoyed those shots of her and dog peeking out of those "windows". AWESOME!! <3

And those winter shots... So convincing. Great lighting!
Thanks a lot! Taking that shoot in the old van feels like ages ago already, haha. And the snow already melted away on the next day, missed the opportunity to do some daylight shots. But there is another winter. Maybe.

Stryker2011 wrote:I think you’re selling yourself short. These pics are cool, and I love all the fur — looks cozy.
Thanks, yeah very cozy, also the more 'civilized' people might not love the smell.

Salvaged two more photos.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200228-212401

Here after she fell on her face, the melting snow created some kind of skull on her mask, but I didn't quite capture it. By the way, an anecdote: When I took photos of them  the first time, in front of those forest backgrounds in my very first post on age 1, while sitting in front of the monitor in a dark room at night, her head slowly turned into my direction by itself because of the rubber neck.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200228-213016

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The arrows are amazing, and the snow shots are really pretty. I really love the last photo where we see all the fur, looks comfortable and warm.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 1f60e

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:By the way, an anecdote: When I took photos of them  the first time, in front of those forest backgrounds in my very first post on age 1, while sitting in front of the monitor in a dark room at night, her head slowly turned into my direction by itself because of the rubber neck.

Now that's some folk horror nightmare fuel right there...  Shocked Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Ovy wrote:By the way, an anecdote: When I took photos of them  the first time, in front of those forest backgrounds in my very first post on age 1, while sitting in front of the monitor in a dark room at night, her head slowly turned into my direction by itself because of the rubber neck.

Agreed. That little anecdote made me think of Trilogy of Terror with Karen Black (in one of the stories a creepy tribal doll with sharp teeth came to life — not a happy ending for Ms. Black).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Theboo-bomb wrote:The arrows are amazing, and the snow shots are really pretty. I really love the last photo where we see all the fur, looks comfortable and warm.
A late thanks! Looking comfortable indeed.

Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

Agreed. That little anecdote made me think of Trilogy of Terror with Karen Black (in one of the stories a creepy tribal doll with sharp teeth came to life — not a happy ending for Ms. Black).

Very Happy I am still alive, fortunately. I treat my figures well.

So, remember the Keanu/Wick head with the detachable scalp?
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX_20200312_153718

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX_20200312_204732

Added some putty and after the heating ritual for necked heads that Yurg, Marlon Brando and Hyufiht also went through, I sliced the neck.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200329-225304

This one is for you Gubernator, a short pseudo Greek experiment including Roy's helmet and shield and a Gladius.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200329-230558

But now for the real thing, rooting. Everybody is rooting for Keanu. Has he ever been a bad guy?

I get some Jesus vibes from him, originally wanted to have the hair shorter, but I think long looks cool.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 IMG-20200328-023123-2

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 IMG-20200328-022934-2

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 IMG-20200328-023126-2

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 IMG-20200329-010413-2

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200329-172407

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200329-172555

Leather placeholder clothing
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200329-172623

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200329-180453

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200329-180550

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200329-180648

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Keanu looks great, I look forward to seeing him complete.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent work with the hair and denecking. I like both looks very much.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Loving this Jesus-Keanu, lol!

And I know your question was probably a rhetorical one, but I do recall him playing Don John in the Kenneth Branagh ‘Much Ado About Nothing’ film from the ‘90s. ;D

Diana

Diana
bald, short hair, long hair, helmet... the guy always seems to look good!
Good instincts on the long hair though. Looks amazing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice hair job. Looks good.

Ovy

Ovy
Theboo-bomb wrote:Keanu looks great, I look forward to seeing him complete.
Thanks, I too wonder how he will turn out.

GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent work with the hair and denecking. I like both looks very much.
Thanks a lot. Again, I got all my deneckingxperience from you!

skywalkersaga wrote:Loving this Jesus-Keanu, lol!

And I know your question was probably a rhetorical one, but I do recall him playing Don John in the Kenneth Branagh ‘Much Ado About Nothing’ film from the ‘90s. ;D
Thanks a lot! And you just know everything, haha. Anyway, this character will be the strong, silent type.

AerynDiana wrote:bald, short hair, long hair, helmet... the guy always seems to look good!
Good instincts on the long hair though. Looks amazing.
Thanks a lot, worked out surprisingly well!

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice hair job. Looks good.
Thanks!

Next update is about his Axe(s). Our Keanu Jesus has quite the lumberjack's arms.

Refined a stick into an axe handle.
I will only use real wood for wood from now on, I think.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200405-153222

Used Fimo/polymer clay for  some axes. Tried real stones too, but they weren't quite what I needed.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200405-153051

Used water and sanding paper to get them into form. Just like with real stones. To build up the polymeri clays confidence. Material psychology.
On the left and right are real stones, tried to grind sharp edges into the right ones (dark) but it's tedious work.
The greenwood handle still has to season...the axe head on it has a hole, while the others don't, they are intended for a handle with a hole. Our new forest man will have more than one axe, it seems.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200405-153354

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love your process... material psychology included! And the results, too! The very fact you even tried to do it with the real thing is impressive, as is your ability to replicate it in polymer clay. And it makes sense to outfit your forest man with extra weapons/tools -- besides he can lend some to his fellow forest folk...

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Cool handle, I like the clay axe heads, I don't think making them out of stone for this scale would be any easy.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool update. The effort to use real wood is impressive.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:I love your process... material psychology included! And the results, too! The very fact you even tried to do it with the real thing is impressive, as is your ability to replicate it in polymer clay. And it makes sense to outfit your forest man with extra weapons/tools -- besides he can lend some to his fellow forest folk...
Thanks a lot! And the 'father' will use one of those axes too I think.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Cool handle, I like the clay axe heads, I don't think making them out of stone for this scale would be any easy.
Thanks. Well the real people spent 60hours on a real one. So 60:6=10 hours. That's a lot of time, still! ( Might not be the most accurate use of math here.. )

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool update. The effort to use real wood is impressive.
Thanks a lot, I actually don't know what better material than real wood I could have used, haha.

For the small axe heads, I drilled and sanded a hole into the strongest end of the stick.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-004449

Three versions of the hatchet, same handle. 
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-004344

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-004407

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-004436

I collected quite a number of wood in the.. woods. Tried something like antlers...not that great but probably better than what I can do with putty.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-211928

They were dirty, gnarly, now clean, barkless, sanded, refined.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-212119

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-212416

Artsy shot incoming: The basic holes. [2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-212501

Finished holes.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-215810

Every stone somehow fits into a handle.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-215854

Keanu looking like an Italian Renaissance artist. Can't remember the name...
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-213531

He still has not outfit, just some basic wrapping. It's fur that I used my beard trimmer on, because the leather was so thin and soft.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-213653

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-213822

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-213925

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-214032

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-214120

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-214310

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-214617

Two 'artsy' shots at the end.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-214711

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200406-214811

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Coming along very nicely. The axes turned out great, though perhaps some extra paint/weathering could give them even more character. But maybe they're supposed to look like this... it's been aeons since I last picked up a Stone Age tool. Wink And I've got to say, yours is the least annoying Keanu I've ever come across...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very evocative photos and great pose there at the end. And I’m in awe of your process and commitment to organic materials. Such impressive and detailed work!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The level of detail is amazing on all of your stuff. So, now what happens if all of your different communities happen to run in to each other?

Diana

Diana
You're doing great work and the results are so worth it!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those axes look really good, it was a good choice on your part using actual wood (From twigs), they look great.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn, Keanu Jesus looks amazing, and looking ready to do some smiting with those axes. Very cool seeing the construction on those as well. Agree with the GubernatorFan that a bit of weathering or a wash would really make them pop, although already looking fantastic.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Coming along very nicely. The axes turned out great, though perhaps some extra paint/weathering could give them even more character. But maybe they're supposed to look like this... it's been aeons since I last picked up a Stone Age tool. Wink And I've got to say, yours is the least annoying Keanu I've ever come across...
Thanks, the axes still need some thread/sinew wrapping. And I thougt you come from a dark time of barbarians and steel?
And least annoying Keanu? I was sure he is one of those guys everybody likes. xD

skywalkersaga wrote:Very evocative photos and great pose there at the end. And I’m in awe of your process and commitment to organic materials. Such impressive and detailed work! 
Thanks a lot! If you like organic materials, scroll down.

Stryker2011 wrote:The level of detail is amazing on all of your stuff. So, now what happens if all of your different communities happen to run in to each other?
Thanks! Oh I have some ideas. Many combinations. Peaceful, brutal, funny sad, everything possible.

AerynDiana wrote:You're doing great work and the results are so worth it!
Thank you!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Those axes look really good, it was a good choice on your part using actual wood (From twigs), they look great.
Thanks, and even easier then using any other material and paint.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn, Keanu Jesus looks amazing, and looking ready to do some smiting with those axes.  Very cool seeing the construction on those as well.  Agree with the GubernatorFan that a bit of weathering or a wash would really make them pop, although already looking fantastic.
Thanks! And these are first and all, logging tools! He is a rather peaceful man, but don't you dare hurt his dog or all hell breaks loose.

Mini update,
Today, shoes. Just shoes.

These are for Shryette. Went for a simpler construction, used glue here. Maybe some fake stitching later, but it is ok for now.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200420-192239-2

I cheated a bit, the leathery ankle joint hiding devices just look like they are part of the shoe.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200420-192310

Transformed those little modern shoes into primitive ones, used very thin leather and glues it on there.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200420-192144-2

Will add some thread there, it can be flapped to the front so the fur is one the outside.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 IMG-20200420-190721-2

The last pair, will get a cover to hide the evil ankle extenders.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 4 PSX-20200420-192340-2

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice leather work for the shoes. They look good.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahh, such intricate work on the shoes.... looking forward to seeing them on everyone. Smile

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I like how you turned the modern shoes into primitive ones, by the way is that the baby logan?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum