OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Ephiane! You made it! Excellent. Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing your work again.

maywong

At first I thought this was a 1/6 scale room, until I read it. LOL

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
maywong wrote:At first I thought this was a 1/6 scale room, until I read it. LOL

Can you imagine how big of a diorama that would still be if it was 1/6...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 C8485110

Kukolka

Kukolka
Such a cool space! Those electrical small parts bins are useful. Great to have so much room to keep your collections on display, congrats! Smile

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 Kukr7s10
https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Kukolka. I definitely lucked out when we found this house. My wife says I'm spoiled now, since the entire basement is mine (there's another room that I'm still working on, and a bathroom).

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
AWESOME!!! Love your work bench too! I don't have a man cave as such but I don't have a wife either so my my whole 5 bedroom house is pretty much a museum/man cave. My Mannequins are all Star Wars and Bane from TDKR with the odd 1:1 head wearing a military helmet... Place is covered in weapons too, mostly swords Laughing !

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
now thats a man cave if i ever seen one.

the dio´s one could build with such space at their disposal.... but one can still dream Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:AWESOME!!! Love your work bench too! I don't have a man cave as such but I don't have a wife either so my my whole 5 bedroom house is pretty much a museum/man cave. My Mannequins are all Star Wars and Bane from TDKR with the odd 1:1 head wearing a military helmet... Place is covered in weapons too, mostly swords Laughing !

Thanks. My swords are in the other room; still a mess. Been too lazy to tackle that room.

Tjolnir wrote:now thats a man cave if i ever seen one.

the dio´s one could build with such space at their disposal.... but one can still dream Smile

Yeah, I've been contemplating trying to build some dios, but they'd have to be ones I could photograph and then take down and store some place (surprisingly, there actually isn't a lot of closet space downstairs).

ZombieKev

Very impressive!  

I was wondering, where did you get the black/grey glass door display cases from?   The look quite good and seem to have more depth than the usual Ikea Billy bookcase.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ZombieKev wrote:Very impressive!  

I was wondering, where did you get the black/grey glass door display cases from?   The look quite good and seem to have more depth than the usual Ikea Billy bookcase.

Do you mean these (they always show up as plain white when you click the link, but they have brown)?:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30342078/

I had to modify them slightly (no holes for the pegs where I wanted to put some of the shelves). Also had to cut tiny slots in the backboard for the wiring of lights. My only gripe about them is the double-door trim in the center (you either have to have something displayed behind them, and thus blocked from view, or leave a 5-6” gap of unused space); at some point I’d like to replace the front doors with all glass (plexi or other), but after investigating the cost... WAY too prohibitive at the moment.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Outstanding!
The full size ladies confused me at first, but now I realize you said you liked to play "chesS" .

On the subject of storage units, I had a friend who ran an outdoor place and let me come and go as I wanted ( back then you could only go in during business hours) . One night as I was leaving I spotted a unit with no lock on it so I wrote down the number for my friend and grabbed a spare lock to secure it.
As I approached the door, it flew open and I met the "occupant" . He was quite upset that he might have been locked inside. In the long run, he helped catch more than a couple thieves who were breaking into units at night. Turns out bending the rules is good sometimes!

Side note: the Tastycake Man ( think Hostess or Little Debbie ) had his own locking dumpster to get rid of "past the Freshness date product" . Since no garbage ever went into it, it was SPOTLESS. Luckily, the rear hinge was a rod and clevis pin assembly. As a 20 something young man, I never noticed any "lack of Freshness" . Yum!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Do you mean these (they always show up as plain white when you click the link, but they have brown)?: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30342078/ wrote:

OUCH!! Just saw the price in dollars for one of those each, in the UK it would be the same number but in GBP Shocked ! Think I'll stick to my 20-40quid black plastic ones, I'd need a mortgage to afford those Ikea cabinets for my collections! This is just my living room, yes they're dust magnets since I work in the same room but I like to be able to see my figures (not a glass reflection) plus this doubles as part of my shooting range so glass isn't a great idea anyway! I have loads more upstairs too but they are the wooden flat pack jobs.
Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread! Embarassed

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 B5mrVgp

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 W9E3dut

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 9z5hwR6

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 LfNZc4e

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 7OeZGJc

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 ZO8VTfG

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 4Cffkvm

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 UIj9exa

brassco

brassco
first picture gave me the thought that those 1:1 ladies are sex dolls...

and what an impressive collection! A lot of my friends thought i liked to waste money...well, only hobbyists like us understand...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow, shovelchop! That’s quite a collection.

Brassco: Ha! No sex dolls... My wife’s cool, but she’s not THAT cool.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Brassco -- Stryker knows better than to display sex dolls here; besides, he's a happily married man. Wink

Shovelchop -- You make me want to go to Wales (or your little part of it) even more than Conway castle, and that says a lot! Smile

ZombieKev

Stryker2011 wrote:
ZombieKev wrote:Very impressive!  

Do you mean these (they always show up as plain white when you click the link, but they have brown)?:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30342078/

I had to modify them slightly (no holes for the pegs where I wanted to put some of the shelves). Also had to cut tiny slots in the backboard for the wiring of lights. My only gripe about them is the double-door trim in the center (you either have to have something displayed behind them, and thus blocked from view, or leave a 5-6” gap of unused space); at some point I’d like to replace the front doors with all glass (plexi or other), but after investigating the cost... WAY too prohibitive at the moment.

Thank you! I wasn't aware of that cabinet. Looks good though a tad pricey and requires some customizing to get perfect. By the way, Ikea's Billy bookcases now have a glass door with almost no border (Morliden) in case you want to try other displays. Their shelves are not that deep though, so there is some trouble displaying figures even 2 deep. Detolf are generally the best in terms of price:shelf-surface-area ratio and maximizing visibility, but their gaps let a lot of dust in.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have three Detolfs; I use weather-stripping on the edges in an attempt to keep the dust out as much as possible.

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 3 _dsc2718

Skippy

Just going back and catching up on the old threads. Always interesting to see man caves.

And, wow! What an impressive space!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Asta. I’m still working on the finishing touches, and need to clean up a lot of unnecessary paperwork.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Coming together nicely! Truly a place to escape when needed!

On another note:

Asta wrote:Just going back and catching up on the old threads. Always interesting to see man caves.

And, wow! What an impressive space!

My wife and I will watch these movies over and over!
My black pug LOVES to see Asta on screen, she gets so excited!
Glad to see another fan!

blackpool

blackpool
indeed a fantastic hideout! Damn I would never come out of my cave if it was like this!!! Thanks for sharing!

Skippy

Pontiacivan wrote:My wife and I will watch these movies over and over!
My black pug LOVES to see Asta on screen, she gets so excited!
Glad to see another fan!

Very Happy

It's a wonderful series. Great period, great chemistry and timeless humour!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum