OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6#

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They seem to have done a really fine job with the paint, though I'm not so sure about the sculpt. I also wonder about how well this synthetic hair would hold up to handling.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
There have been loads of sculpts of this character.... is she really that popular?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:There have been loads of sculpts of this character.... is she really that popular?

You read my mind! I was going to ask that very question when I first posted this. I’ve never seen this show, but I know there are a few other people on the show that I would think would be just as popular — like Jamie Chung, for instance.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# C8485110

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Headsculpt looks identical to the Add Toys Magnetic Female UM Girl. Is it even out yet?
Maybe they cancelled the whole set and opted to sell just the head.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1642-new-product-add-toys-1-6-million-magnetic-female-um-girl-movable-doll-ad-03

Diana

Diana
The nose bridge seems a little wide, but I like it overall. I like that they are going for a less standard expression.
The hair looks like straw. But maybe that can be helped.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I haven't seen the show, but I've encountered at least five headsculpts of this character now and I still don't like the look of that green hair at all. Not just the texture, but the colour.... blergh.

The texture of the hair at least could be improved by replacing it with tibetan lamb hair, if one were so inclined.

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:I haven't seen the show, but I've encountered at least five headsculpts of this character now and I still don't like the look of that green hair at all. Not just the texture, but the colour.... blergh.

Hahah same!
And I also don't like the face, they eyes seem so wide and everything looks a bit strange. At least from a front view.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:I haven't seen the show, but I've encountered at least five headsculpts of this character now and I still don't like the look of that green hair at all. Not just the texture, but the colour.... blergh.

This one
female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 10_dc01b435-2419-4836-a63e-bcdd48f44ea4_420x385
https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-6-cow-pen-toys-nb-002-polaris-emma-head-sculpt
does at least offer a 'plain dark' haired option, and it's the least 'smirky' version I've seen so far. Still looks a little 'off' somehow, though.

I'm very much on the fence with any of them, to be honest - one for the 'if I have a spare £25 some time, maybe' pile.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:

This one
female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 10_dc01b435-2419-4836-a63e-bcdd48f44ea4_420x385
https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-6-cow-pen-toys-nb-002-polaris-emma-head-sculpt
does at least offer a 'plain dark' haired option, and it's the least 'smirky' version I've seen so far. Still looks a little 'off' somehow, though.

I'm very much on the fence with any of them, to be honest - one for the 'if I have a spare £25 some time, maybe' pile.

Yeah, you are right, that one did have a range of non-green hairstyles, but I think the face on it seems rather stylized. Which is not always a bad thing, but I just don't currently have a use for something that.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The actress herself is pretty stylized.

female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 06b09110
female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 0665cf10

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She definitely has a unique looking face, which makes sense that it would be somewhat hard to capture in 1/6 without at least some stylization.

Diana

Diana
I actually think she has a gorgeous face, because it is quite unusual AND pretty, so I jumped on the original green haired head sculpt. But... somehow I always keep others on display.

Since I should be getting Selene today I'm thinking a new photo shoot is in order. Time to take stock of my head sculpts. (It's not that many yet.)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The actress herself is pretty! I just haven’t been all that keen on the various headsculpt depictions, but that is just down to personal preference. This one is not bad necessarily , it was just kind of baffling to me as to why there were so many sculpts of this same character and yet none of them looked the same as the other. It seems like the actress is hard to capture.

I do agree with what Lynkhart said in one of the other threads that the head could be used for a custom book-based Tonks figure from Harry Potter. Though if I were making one I’d still probably change the hair colour, lol.

Looking forward to your photo shoot!

Annalise

Annalise
While I have no need for a Polaris figure, I liked the looks of this enough to pick one up figuring I would find a use for it somewhere. It's my first BY-ART h/s. The promo photos are very accurate, the released product looks just like them. Note that it's the only loose female h/s I've ever gotten with no neck cup. I had to use a foamie to stop it being a bobblehead, and the skin tone is much more orange than TBL suntan.
I like that it has an expression. I have so many blank stare sculpts now that a little variety is nice, and I think the smirk and the green hair looks good on her.

female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 1img_210

female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 2img_210

female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 3img_210

female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 4img_210

female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 5img_210

female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 6img_210

female - NEW PRODUCT: BY-ART: 1/6 Arctic girl hair head carving BY-T6# 7img_211

Diana

Diana
NICE!! I really like the character you created, which doesn't remind me of Polaris at all, which is all the more impressive. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well done, Annalise. I think the outfit you picked for the character is very suitable.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She turned out really well, and how fitting to have her as a Hogwarts character!

Annalise

Annalise
Thanks Diana & GF!

And thank you Sky. Yes, I imagine her as one of the students who was quite pleased to have Headmaster Snape and the Carrows running the school for a while.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Annalise wrote:Thanks Diana & GF!

And thank you Sky. Yes, I imagine her as one of the students who was quite pleased to have Headmaster Snape and the Carrows running the school for a while.

Haha, I'll bet! :'D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum