OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

GeeWillikers

That seller's pics tend to make sculpts look a little washed-out and overly-yellowish if I remember rightly, and GAC sculpts tend to be more on the pink-ish side in the 'flesh', so take that into consideration.

skywalkersaga

Yeah, good point to bear in mind. Though for me, skintone is very rarely an issue since more often than not I tend to be scouting for potential SW alien ladies, so most heads I pick up will end up (drastically) repainted in some way. ;p

The hardest thing for me when it comes to choosing heads for my projects seems to be finding heads that not only have the right face shape for what I want, but that also have at least some slight ‘expression’ to the eyes and mouth that will give them a bit of character. But not *too* specific (or silly) an expression to limit versatility, either. So whenever I see something that has that, it definitely piques my interest.

Rogerbee

Founding Father

She does look good, maybe good for a Diana Prince more than a full on WW though.

rollotomasi

GeeWillikers wrote:There's a seller's own pic of one of these up on Ebay and it looks much better than the promo pic.

Definitely poorly-scaled photoshopping in those promo pics above, if you ask me.

GORGEOUS!!!
Question now is what hair style best complements the resemblance... B or D?
I wish D's hair was much darker.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Here's a couple more in-hand pics where it looks 100 times better than Gac's promo pics, this time from GianToy:

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] - Page 2 2448502e896729c43ce49c1a52b7118a_436x581

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] - Page 2 855a50e335ac85198ec2ce623f9b0a9e_436x581

Looks different again, but it's definitely the same model.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
That's odd... squarer jaws on those pics.
I hope the previous ebay pic you posted is the one we'll be receiving.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yes, it's odd how different it looks again, isn't it?

I've had no reason to distrust the ebay seller concerned before, but GianToy are equally (if not more) trustworthy. Although I've noticed that 'elongated' quality to the ebay seller's pics before with other sculpts. GianToy have it listed as in stock at a reasonable price, so I'll probably order one from them soon.

When I'll receive it though is anyone's guess - the UK postal system seems to have gone haywire in the last few months with overseas items taking as much as two months to reach me now where previously it would take two or three weeks at the most. I know what I blame for that, but I won't drag us into the cesspit of UK politics.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Both images show a nice sculpt, but yeah, oddly different. Curious to see more in-hand pics for sure.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
I’m guessing the elongated effect of the eBay seller has to do with foreshortening. The photo was taken too close to the subject.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AerynDiana wrote:I’m guessing the elongated effect of the eBay seller has to do with foreshortening. The photo was taken too close to the subject.

Indeed.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] - Page 2 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It'd be nice to see some in-hand pics of the other hairstyles as those badly-'shopped promo pics are clearly useless, but as it stands I'm probably going to go for Option B.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
B is my preference, as well. But then I tend to only like factory/synthetic hair when it’s straight — the curly and wavy synthetic hair on 1/6 headsculpts always seems too poofy and out-of-scale to me.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Anyone receive this headsculpt yet? I realize there are many reasons for delays to occur at present, but I'm very curious about this one.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I was on the verge of ordering one from GianToy, but then Chinese holiday and pandemic time hit. Neutral

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I may feel compelled to jump in on this soon despite any qualms whatever the situation - I've noticed that quite a few eBay sellers are doubling their prices on 'accessory' items all of a sudden. Neutral

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Eek, yeah. Seems the 'scarcity' is driving up the prices on a lot of things. I've noticed that almost none of the usual Chinese sellers are showing up in my ebay searches atm. I know it's still technically the New Year holiday, but still.

ETA: Also, I was recently informed by one of the sellers I'd bought a loose Nancy in Hell head from, that the parcel had been 'lost in transit'. They are sending a replacement, but it's rather concerning since I've actually very rarely ever had anything get outright lost when ordering from such sellers. Sometimes taking a loong time, but not usually lost.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yeah I've only had stuff 'get lost' twice in about five years, but at the moment it's a heightened risk. The other thing putting me off making purchases at the moment is that customs will be all over anything that's coming in from China right now, so not only could it get delayed or 'lost', it's much more likely than usual that we'd get gouged with customs fees too.

I'm pretty sure by now that GianToy have a UK warehouse (or at least a distributor), so once the holiday is over I'll have to ask them whether they've got this sculpt in the UK already or not.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:Yeah I've only had stuff 'get lost' twice in about five years, but at the moment it's a heightened risk. The other thing putting me off making purchases at the moment is that customs will be all over anything that's coming in from China right now, so not only could it get delayed or 'lost', it's much more likely than usual that we'd get gouged with customs fees too.

I'm pretty sure by now that GianToy have a UK warehouse (or at least a distributor), so once the holiday is over I'll have to ask them whether they've got this sculpt in the UK already or not.

If you find out, please let me know....

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I will, but they might not even own up to having a UK outlet - they don't refer to it on their site at all. The only way I've come to that conclusion is because some of the stuff I've ordered from them has taken less than a week to reach me, and had a UK return address rather than a Chinese one. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah ok, gotcha. ; )

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I've emailed GianToy about the above so I'll spill the beans once I get a reply.

Oddly though, even though it says it's 'in-stock' the B option now has a 'email me once it's available' tag, while the other options don't ... Neutral

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Everyone must realllly like that version....

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It probably has a lot to do with that being the one they chose to promote properly with the in-hand pic.

And the fact that it's clearly the best of the bunch. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
yeah that too ;'D

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well I've heard back from GianToy and 'Amelia' was on the face of it fairly candid - they don't have any stock in the UK or a UK warehouse as such apparently, what they do claim to have is a 'special fast shipping' arrangement with Royal Mail and the UK return address I've seen is actually a kind of RM processing centre that bypasses the slow route. I don't know how that could actually practically work to be honest, but I won't push them on it further. Smile

As for the situation with the Corona virus and/or the New Year celebrations, they hope to be cleared to be back in the store and shipping orders by Feb 10th.  They didn't actually respond to my particular question about this sculpt, frustratingly, but I'll put an order in anyway if they're back up and running after the 10th. Past experience would suggest even if option B is out of stock, they usually re-stock pretty quickly.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve gotten packages from them fairly quickly, that have had a New York return address on them — she may be telling you the truth about the shipping partnerships.

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034] - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the info, GeeW! I’m looking forward to being able to order from them again, myself.

Regarding the other subject, the whole ‘quick shipping to the UK’ thing has certainly been happening for a while, so yeah ... it’s not necessarily a sign they suddenly got a warehouse here. I have no idea why they’d hide the fact, if it were indeed the case....

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:I’ve gotten packages from them fairly quickly, that have had a New York return address on them — she may be telling you the truth about the shipping partnerships.

Ah, interesting...

In a number of ways they certainly seem to be one of the most reliable sellers around, that's for sure.

skywalkersaga wrote:... it’s not necessarily a sign they suddenly got a warehouse here. I have no idea why they’d hide the fact, if it were indeed the case....

No, fair enough, 'Amelia' seems pretty up-front when asked.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I’ve never had a problem with Giantoy that wasn’t corrected after I contacted Amelia. Packages have gotten lost in transit a couple times, and I’ve been both partially refunded for the trouble, and sent the item ordered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum