OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European beauty star head carving [A, B, C, D, 4 models] [GC034]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I think the photos show some of the fine texturing on the skin. They have definitely done a good job.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GeeWillikers

GubernatorFan wrote:I think the photos show some of the fine texturing on the skin. They have definitely done a good job.

Yeah, I really am tempted to get one of the others with a different hairstyle to go with this one. Smile

zipkicker

I don't know... It looks a little small. Maybe it's just the angle.

skywalkersaga

It may look a tad awkward on that particular neck, but the sculpt itself has a *gorgeous* profile, imo!

Thanks for the extra pics, they show it off very well.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
zipkicker wrote:I don't know... It looks a little small. Maybe it's just the angle.

That hard profile does look tiny, but as I said I think that's more the fault of that fat TBL neck.

I'm used to seeing garguantuan oversized GG sculpts though, so even if it is small, I'm still pleased. Very Happy

zipkicker

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters! Very Happy

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Very Happy

Diana

Diana
Late to the party, I know, but this is beautiful. I do respect the texture a lot.
I'd be tempted to give her an inverted bob hair style... Smile

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Thanks for the pics, Gee!
I see Gal there, much more than the failed attempts of Hot Toys (except the HT Training Version which looked good).
Still no sign of the D head.

zipkicker

Kumik have a new line of Gal heads out - they're confusingly titled 'Strabismus A or B' (depending on whether you're wanting her to look left or right). Quite pricey, but the pics look good...
https://www.collectors.com/action-item/16-new-wonder-woman-strabismus-a-head-sculpt-female-body-ho/-6331690489444727392

ahbake

Hello!
First time poster around here, some may know me as abake from various other forums.

Just wanted to chime in that I've been looking for a good Gal Gadot sculpt for ages, and from these pics, this seems to be the best one so far, and actually quite good.
One question for GeeWillikers though, do you think the sculpt would work on Hot Toys' Wonder Woman?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
ahbake wrote: do you think the sculpt would work on Hot Toys' Wonder Woman?

Can't answer that one I'm afraid - I don't have any HT bodies.

But! I do have one of the HT GG heads though, and what I can say is that this is smaller.

And hello! Very Happy

ahbake

Thanks man.
A fellow collector over at the Sideshow Freaks boards is using one to customise a WW, and indeed this sculpt is a bit small for the HT body, but it seems to work. I already ordered one, so I'll know in a couple of weeks (hopefully).

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
ahbake wrote:Thanks man.
A fellow collector over at the Sideshow Freaks boards is using one to customise a WW, and indeed this sculpt is a bit small for the HT body, but it seems to work. I already ordered one, so I'll know in a couple of weeks (hopefully).

Libby's custom looks gorgeous!
Seeing the pics, i think i'll bite with the D head at $40.
Thanks for the heads up.

ahbake

You should look around, I got mine for 32 and free shipping.

ahbake

So, did anyone else get this?
I wonder how long it will take mine to arrive, with all this COVID19 thing going on...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ahbake wrote:So, did anyone else get this?
I wonder how long it will take mine to arrive, with all this COVID19 thing going on...

I ordered mine a day before you, and got it, but it looks like it was already in the US when I ordered. Recent orders from China are hit or miss so far -- some just came in within less than two weeks, others are just being sent or processed by their postal service. Perhaps it has something to do with the seller and location.

ahbake

GubernatorFan wrote:
ahbake wrote:So, did anyone else get this?

I ordered mine a day before you, and got it, but it looks like it was already in the US when I ordered. Recent orders from China are hit or miss so far -- some just came in within less than two weeks, others are just being sent or processed by their postal service. Perhaps it has something to do with the seller and location.

Nice!
How is it in hand? Will you use it for a WW?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ahbake wrote:Nice! How is it in hand? Will you use it for a WW?

It's very nice and looks just like the one in GeeWillikers' photos. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but a WW would be a natural enough choice.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This one finally arrived in the post the other day, and it’s very nice. My only concern is that it does seem just a little on the small side for the more broad-shouldered tbleague bodies (s12d and s23b). But still too big for the s25b. I don’t have anything else in between... wondering if anyone has tried the head on s29b the the s33b? I’m guessing the neck on the s29b would be too thick, but maybe the shoulders on the s33b would help? I don’t like that body all that much, but just trying to think of possible alternatives.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum