OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 smiley beauty head carving series two [GC035] [three models A, B, C]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm... I'm making the same expression right now, but it's not exactly smiling... I'm not sure this works quite as intended, although from certain angles it seems pretty good; but from others, not so much.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Finally GAC does Alba! Looks like they got her smile right.
I need a Nancy Callahan on my shelf, stat!

Diana

Diana
At least the eyes are smiling, too, this time, but sadly the brows are not... If you cover up everything below her eyes she could just as well be sad.

Keep trying! Getting there! Wink Razz

Valiarde

Valiarde
Doesn't look right. Pass.

At least I got my normal Alba head a few days ago Smile

blackpool

blackpool
That is still weird even if better than their first attempt, may be a closed mouth smile would be be easier, and more natural...

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
blackpool wrote:That is still weird even if better than their first attempt, may be a closed mouth smile would be be easier, and more natural...

First attempt? GAC did an Alba before?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It's a big improvement on the frankly terrifying Scarlett Johansen smiley sculpt they're also offering.

blackpool

blackpool
rollotomasi wrote:
blackpool wrote:That is still weird even if better than their first attempt, may be a closed mouth smile would be be easier, and more natural...

First attempt? GAC did an Alba before?

Nope, first attempt at making a colgate bright smiling headsculpt, the previous one was even more creepy like a bad faceapp edit...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Dang, wish it were a neutral expression. The smiling faces that GAC comes out with are just painful to look at...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Isn't this just Faceapp!? It doesn't look sculpted to me.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lol , Roger , you’re not wrong , it *does* look photoshopped, at the very least.

shazzdan

shazzdan
That's one creepy-ass smile.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
What is it with Giantoy's on-stock pics with the faces looking wide, screwing up the likeness, just like with the GAC Gadot head.
The short haired one looks passable though.

https://giantoy.com/products/in-stock-1-6-scale-gc035-jessica-female-head-sculpt-for-seamless-h-suntan

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It could be the lense they use?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It's just really bad photoshopping, guys.

The poses/hairstyles are always exactly the same in GAC's promo pics and must have been done in a single session at some previous point. They just clumsily paste in pics of the new sculpts, seemingly with no consideration to whether or not the scale and angles are off in relation.

They're doing their products a real disservice with this practice, because as we saw with the recent Gal Gadot sculpt, the genuine finished article will almost certainly look a heck of a lot better.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2413-new-product-gactoys-1-6-european-beauty-star-head-carving-a-b-c-d-4-models-gc034

Adeno

OMG... this looks like she saw something horribly awkward but is forced to smile lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum