OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

brassco

brassco
NEW:1/6 REDMAN TOYS Collectible Figure Dracula Red 2.0

Item No:RM041

Products include:

Improved Head Sculpt 2.0
LED light  Metal Led Light (Pure manual welding process)
Red Robe
White Cheongsam
Metal Sword
Red Shoes
Body
Modeling Hands X 2 Pairs
Pattern Stand

PREORDER ENDS:2020-February-1
ESTIMATED ARRIVAL :2Q 2020

REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)  170503k6b6qtz3ibewez6s
REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)  170505zve6qgkwf68g7fnj
REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)  170506fmos1egejf4zfofs
REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)  170508lj299ww362bx363j
REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)  170514kt444vvttvhr465h
REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)  170509bfyjfwj62yydkpd6
REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)  170511cxx2eydtyptjyavd

brassco

brassco
REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)  TB2g-BRQq-Zj-B1-Nj-SZFHXXa-DWp-Xa-3230463460

Redman Toys has released this. Both will make a pair!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice! Though needs a Winona Ryder as Mina Harker in that red gown....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I know a lot of people liked this movie, but I don’t get it. If you’re going to put the author’s name in the title of your movie, you’d damn well better honor the source material — not make up entire plot lines and alter character descriptions to suit your personal “vision”.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)  C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I totally understand the complaint, and agree that the title of the film is ridiculous under the circumstances. But I guess I'm just pretty used to various 'out there' retellings of Dracula-related stuff that it doesn't bother me as much as it could/should. ;p

ETA: Also, doesn't change the fact that Winona was gorgeous in this, as was her wardrobe, and dangit... there needs to be more period drama ladies in beautiful gowns in 1/6 form!  Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I didn’t have a problem with Winona as Mina Harker, and I agree her outfits were nice and it would definitely be cool to see more period clothing for females.

My problem was all the extreme changes and BS love story crap with Dracula and her — none of that is in the book (not even hinted at), Dracula didn’t look like someone’s Asian grandmother in the beginning sequence, and he didn’t look the way Oldman looks in the above Victorian period clothing (he’s described in the book), he’s also barely even in the book as a physical entity, he isn’t some tragic hero — he’s pure evil — and his “presence” is felt, rather than seen, throughout the book as pure evil, the entire opening battle sequence in the Middle Ages doesn’t happen — nor is it implied in the book — Mina isn’t the reincarnation of Dracula’s dead wife, she didn’t fall in love with him all over again, and she wasn’t upset when he’s finally destroyed. I could go on...

I agree with you that there’s been multiple reinterpretations of Dracula, and I don’t honestly have a problem with that — whether the movie was good or not — but none of them had the audacity to put Bram Stoker’s name in the title of those movies. THAT’s where I have a problem. You can’t claim to be making the most “faithful” adaptation of the book, and fundamentally change EVERYTHING about it. Francis Ford Coppola should have beaten senseless with a baseball bat for making this travesty.

Sorry. Rant over.

shazzdan

shazzdan
It is a good likeness and Gary Oldman always makes a movie better but I'd prefer a more classical Dracula. Perhaps a Christopher Lee or Frank Langella.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, to each their own! Smile I feel strongly about many similar things, so I can certainly understand the rant. Wink  From my perspective though, I don't mind Dracula/human woman romance --- looooove the interpretation of him in the recent Castlevania animated series, for instance --- so it doesn't bother me. 'Monster love' is my jam. ;D 

But, of course, it's certainly not Bram Stoker's Dracula, as you say. Would indeed be great to get an adaptation of the actual novel someday. I just worry that a contemporary film version would just end up Hollywood-ized in other, even more annoying ways. Razz

Shazzdan-- it goes without saying I adore Sir Chris in any form, and would definitely want to collect a well-made figure of him, especially in his Hammer Horror roles. I think there was a 1/6 Christopher Lee Dracula, but am I recalling correctly that it only had an 'expression' HS , rather than a more neutral one?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you can find it, Sky — it came out on DVD several years ago — the BBC did a mini-series of Dracula with the late Louis Jordan (came out in 1977) is the closest anyone has ever done to a faithful adaptation. Fairly low-budget, as you can imagine, but still good.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, cool, thanks for the rec, I hadn't known about that one before! I generally enjoy vintage BBC period dramas, low-budgets and all. Wink  Will check it out. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The figure is impressive, and I think a marked improvement on the earlier rendition, to the extent I can remember it. I'm not particularly interested in the set myself, but I do like that light. As for Dracula movies... they get weirder and wronger with time. Dracula Untold was particularly silly -- and historically wrong, since it tried to root itself more in history -- by twisting it... though I suppose "untold" might make a weird sort of sense.

brassco

brassco
just rewatched the movie...I wished to see his 1/6th 3 brides and coffins too!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
One of those three Brides is the stunningly beautiful Monica Bellucci.

brassco

brassco
REDMAN TOYS1/6 Dracula Red 2.0(RM041)  71-XYoz-IUIg-L-SX425

and the HS is already available! Let me look into the Victorian clothing...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum