OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I really was not going to swap out the body if the Sideshow one worked and look great. Got the figure out and starting testing the joints doing the elbow first. I snapped right off. I tried the next one and got the same thing. So body swap began. Please enjoy. Not sure I want to share these at SSF  Not in the mood for a beating.  Let me know your thoughts. Thanks brothers and sister.

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49318676202_395db00e79_bDSC08559 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49318676227_8d13cf7c86_bDSC08558 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49318676302_2f68a662a9_bDSC08557 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49318468451_3df9b2f71e_bDSC08556 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49318468546_ec74616a48_bDSC08555 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49318676502_31e3c63943_bDSC08554 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like it. That is really unfortunate about the original SS body — and for the prices they charge, completely unacceptable. I know their bodies of late have had some super tight joints — it seems they’ve gone the opposite extreme from the floppy garbage they used to put out.

I think he looks good with the new muscle body, very much like the comic book Magneto.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. C8485110

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:I like it. That is really unfortunate about the original SS body — and for the prices they charge, completely unacceptable. I know their bodies of late have had some super tight joints — it seems they’ve gone the opposite extreme from the floppy garbage they used to put out.

I think he looks good with the new muscle body, very much like the comic book Magneto.

Thanks my friend. I know I could have sent it back but If I can fix it I usually do. Plus now he is very animateable.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh , he is so striking! I love the colours of his outfit, and the eyes on that headsculpt are so intense. The suit seems to fit just fine on that muscle body, as well.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
skywalkersaga wrote:Ooh , he is so striking! I love the colours of his outfit, and the eyes on that headsculpt are so intense. The suit seems to fit just fine on that muscle body, as well.

Thanks. Jim Lee made him look huge. Worthy of being a threat. Also with this body he can do this...

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49319988682_daac0cff59_bDSC08561 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done. Like you said, this Magneto can look threatening, not just creepy. And this is quite disappointing about Sideshow's quality. Did you consider contacting their customer service. They were reasonable with me when I chose to (Dengar had some of the paint on his face scraped off).

dadrab

dadrab
That's extraordinary, AFM. Far better looking than the SS body.

Attaboy.

GregT

impressive poses you're getting out of this guy, very cool...
I always enjoy the rows and rows of figures in the background of your photos!

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nicely done. Like you said, this Magneto can look threatening, not just creepy. And this is quite disappointing about Sideshow's quality. Did you consider contacting their customer service. They were reasonable with me when I chose to (Dengar had some of the paint on his face scraped off).

I did think about contacting them. Not sure what they could do for me now. Any suggestions?
dadrab wrote:That's extraordinary, AFM. Far better looking than the SS body.
Attaboy.

Thanks brother. Always good to hear from you. Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Years.
I did post some pictures on SSF. Just in case anyone is thinking about swapping bodies.

GregT wrote:impressive poses you're getting out of this guy, very cool...
I always enjoy the rows and rows of figures in the background of your photos!

Thanks my friend. My wife is kind enough to let me and my son keep some figures out fir viewing. Shes great.

Here are some more pictures:
Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49322767891_ac8f9c49fa_bDSC08562 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49322767831_9ef3ef3ba2_bDSC08563 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49322981122_da45a63a52_bDSC08564 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49322767761_76bb870dc9_bDSC08565 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
In the case of Dengar, I sent them a photo of my damaged product and they sent me a new head (with the removable two-piece headgear too!). I don't know whether they will send you a new body, but who knows? If you bought from them directly, I think there is a good chance they will try to attend to you.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:In the case of Dengar, I sent them a photo of my damaged product and they sent me a new head (with the removable two-piece headgear too!). I don't know whether they will send you a new body, but who knows? If you bought from them directly, I think there is a good chance they will try to attend to you.

I did purchase from SSC so maybe I can get something. Thanks for the info.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:In the case of Dengar, I sent them a photo of my damaged product and they sent me a new head (with the removable two-piece headgear too!). I don't know whether they will send you a new body, but who knows? If you bought from them directly, I think there is a good chance they will try to attend to you.

Gave them a call and sent these pictures. Waiting to hear back. Thanks again bro.
Here's how the original body broke.
Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49325173042_5008835526_bDSC08566 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 49324955706_fa2f593673_bDSC08567 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Whoah! That’s not cool. Sideshow is pretty good about correcting any errors, you should be getting a replacement, or at the very least a partial refund.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. C8485110

MerylAkiba

Are you going to remove the helmet and add hair to the head? It is neat that the body is purple, I might want to get one to make a MOTU villain

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
MerylAkiba wrote:Are you going to remove the helmet and add hair to the head? It is neat that the body is purple, I might want to get one to make a MOTU villain

I will not have to add hair. He came with another head sculpt with molded hair. A MOTU villain would be cool.
I like to see that. Here's a link to a site that is parting him out right now.
https://toyanxiety.com/search.php?search_query=Magneto

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He looks pretty good, I've always liked Magneto.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Sideshow Magneto upgraded by AFM with a story to tell. 1f60e

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for posting the link to the parted out heads, AFM -- I hadn't realized the head under the helmet was a separate piece. I've actually been looking for a bald male head that will work for a larger body for a while now, so that was really good to know! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, you could add little neodymium magnets to his fingertips.^^

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Theboo-bomb wrote:He looks pretty good, I've always liked Magneto.

Yeah me too. I have 3 of them. Medicom RAH, First Movie Magneto, Now this one. I was amazed the Medicom Magneto didn't break when I filmed me movie. He's still whole. Thinking about re purposing the movie one.
This will be the one that shows up in future stop-motion projects for sure.

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for posting the link to the parted out heads, AFM -- I hadn't realized the head under the helmet was a separate piece. I've actually been looking for a bald male head that will work for a larger body for a while now, so that was really good to know! Smile

Glad that worked fore you. Looking forward to see what you do. Keep the inspiration going.
Ovy wrote:Nice, you could add little to his fingertips.^^
I could do that but I have found it better to use a computer when doing SFX. Less hassle. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Allotropos

Allotropos
awesome stuff !
Been meaning to swap out the body too and now thanks to you, I know it looks great !
Are you using a M34 ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum