OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help needed re: female head

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help needed re: female head Empty Help needed re: female head Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:49 am

PitViper

PitViper
Hi fellows, and a Happy New Year to all,

I'm hoping for some help on this matter: some years ago I received, as an extra in a trade, the female head seen in the pictures.  As you can see it is not in perfect condition, but quite usable for a military/PMC bash IMO.

The problem is the body: it is bigger than the Dragon/BBI heads I use for 99% of my female bashes, and it looks disproportionate when attached to even the largest BBI/CY Girl bodies I have around.

My questions are: can anyone identify the original figure the head came from?  Is that body still available  (it will probably look the most proportionate on its original body)?  Are there any larger/heftier female bodies in the market that could be used for this head, and if so, where can it be found?

Your help will be most appreciated.  Regards,

Angel
Help needed re: female head Head410
Help needed re: female head Head110
Help needed re: female head Head210
Help needed re: female head Head310

2Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:22 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I can't place the head itself, as I've probably not been in the hobby long enough to know it on sight, though it does look sort of like some older Sideshow heads to my eyes. 

As for larger female bodies, some of the tbleague bodies are quite large/tall compared to plastic bodies with visible joints -- especially the muscle bodies. However, it's hard to say which 1/6 bodies would work as the precise scale of the head is not quite clear from the pics. Do you have a photo of it compared to your other female heads and/or the bodies that are too small for it?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:29 pm

MerylAkiba

I think it might be one of the earlier Hot Toys military line.
Help needed re: female head Swat3F_B

http://dandiddisdothat.blogspot.com/2006/04/lady-in-usmc-marpat.html

4Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:09 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good catch, Meryl!

5Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:31 am

PitViper

PitViper
Thanks guys!!!  I knew that pooling the collective knowledge of the Board members would be the best!

@MerylAkiba - awesome piece of intel!!  I had forgotten about this female figure altogether, would have never looked at HT.  Thanks so much.

@skywalkersaga: I've added some pics below to help put into perspective the scale of the head.  I took them with my cell, hence the poor quality.  The head is placed right next to a DML (Amy) and two BBI (F15 pilot "Burner" and Joanna Dark).  I hope the pics help answer the second question regarding the availability of a body where this head could fit and look proportional, as I very much doubt the original body is still available out there.

Help needed re: female head Head510
Help needed re: female head Head610
Help needed re: female head Head710

Thanks again so very much for the help guys!

6Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:51 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
No prob! 

And ah, yes, I see, that does look much larger than the others. Which is probably why it screamed 'old Sideshow' to me, though I guess it being an older HT head also makes sense. 

Here's a pic that compares some of the larger [aka, 'standard' sized] tbleague bodies, with height included: 

Help needed re: female head All-pa10

Full size image: 

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1877/8853/files/all-pale.jpg?v=1569486921

I would ignore the first ones that are shown on stands as they cannot stand up on their own. The rest can stand up just fine. 

The ones that are tall and with the broadest shoulders are probably the s10d/12d, the s20a/s21b, or the s22a/23b [the muscle body].  There is also one that is a bit shorter, but more stocky/curvy which could potentially work, the s28a/s2b. Based on the current colour of the head, I guess a pale body would be the best option, but if you are going to repaint the head then that might not be an issue. 

If you are looking for a non-seamless body, unfortunately I don't know of any really large/tall ones, as most of the ones I have personal experience with are much smaller than the tbleague and are meant for petite figures. 

I recall there was a plastic/rubber torso body called the 'PlayToy' [?] body that was maybe on the larger size, but imo it is probably no larger than the BBi type bodies you are using. 

It's hard to say for sure if your head will *definitely* fit the tbleague bodies I recommended, but I suppose it's worth a try.  Even if it is a tad oversized still, perhaps with the clothing and gear on top of those, it would make up the needed bulk to balance things out.

Of course, it also depends on if you are open to using seamless bodies or not. If not, then feel free to disregard this completely. ;p

7Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think the relatively recent TBLeague bodies prior to S24 were all on the tall side, and that might work -- but no promises.
PitViper, will you now have to change the tagline "Permanent Hot Toys boycotter"? Wink

8Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:00 pm

PitViper

PitViper
GubernatorFan wrote:I think the relatively recent TBLeague bodies prior to S24 were all on the tall side, and that might work -- but no promises.
PitViper, will you now have to change the tagline "Permanent Hot Toys boycotter"? Wink

Appreciate your comments GF.  It is precisely the "no promises" part that has me worried.  The bodies you have all suggested tend to be on the expensive side; for a military bash, with long sleeved shirt, body armor etc. a seamless body is really not needed.  I'm just wondering if after all this time it wouldn't  be easier to just trade/sell this head.  If anyone is interested in it I'm game.

As far as the HT boycott, it is really no longer an issue with HT out of the military figure market.  I still refuse to buy their loose parts though, because of their supposed "vintage Hot Toys" label driving their prices to insane numbers.  So to answer your question, my friend, the tagline stays... Razz Laughing Laughing

9Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:17 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
PitViper wrote:Appreciate your comments GF.  It is precisely the "no promises" part that has me worried.  The bodies you have all suggested tend to be on the expensive side; for a military bash, with long sleeved shirt, body armor etc. a seamless body is really not needed.  I'm just wondering if after all this time it wouldn't  be easier to just trade/sell this head.  If anyone is interested in it I'm game.

As far as the HT boycott, it is really no longer an issue with HT out of the military figure market.  I still refuse to buy their loose parts though, because of their supposed "vintage Hot Toys" label driving their prices to insane numbers.  So to answer your question, my friend, the tagline stays... Razz Laughing Laughing

Good point, for all that they supposedly make clothed figures look more natural (then again they might overfill the clothing!), seamless bodies tend to be unnecessary when all the relevant joints are going to be covered up anyway. At this point, especially when it comes to female bodies, I have gotten so used to TBL and Jiaou that I hardly know what else might work -- the two or three that I do have from other companies tend to be more on the petite side.

Sorry I can't help more -- but if it is just a tall female body you need, those earlier ones were all rather tall.

10Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:52 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I completely understand not wanting to splurge for ‘just’ a bash , but , like GF, I am struggling to come up with any other suggestions. For what it’s worth, I do think the tbleague bodies are worth the higher price. But of course, you have to do what is best for you own kitbashing needs. : )

11Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:53 pm

PitViper

PitViper
GubernatorFan wrote:
PitViper wrote:Appreciate your comments GF.  It is precisely the "no promises" part that has me worried.  The bodies you have all suggested tend to be on the expensive side; for a military bash, with long sleeved shirt, body armor etc. a seamless body is really not needed.  I'm just wondering if after all this time it wouldn't  be easier to just trade/sell this head.  If anyone is interested in it I'm game.

Good point, for all that they supposedly make clothed figures look more natural (then again they might overfill the clothing!), seamless bodies tend to be unnecessary when all the relevant joints are going to be covered up anyway. At this point, especially when it comes to female bodies, I have gotten so used to TBL and Jiaou that I hardly know what else might work -- the two or three that I do have from other companies tend to be more on the petite side.

Sorry I can't help more -- but if it is just a tall female body you need, those earlier ones were all rather tall.

I hear you bud.  I don't think a taller figure is going to cut it though.  I have BBI/CY Girls bodies that are taller than some of the newer bodies by at least half an inch, and yet the head still looks out of proportion because the bodies are still thin and narrow-shouldered.  It would have to be a heftier body, with somewhat wider shoulders that can make this head look good.  And in all honesty I don't know of any female body made that way.

I'm posting the head in the Classifieds section if anyone is interested.  Thanks to all for your input.

12Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm sorry to see you give up on it, but I'm sure you will find something that works even better for you.

13Help needed re: female head Empty Re: Help needed re: female head Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Ovy

Ovy
What about using a male body, maybe one of those narrower ones, in full combat gear?

Speaking of that, does anybody know what kind of body they use for the Brienne of Tarth figure? I think she is rather tall too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum