OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBL Fantasy Anubis (and friends) updated

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Poor Anubis and his small head, he still looks cool even if not historically accurate.  Also I don't know if I'm dreaming it up but didn't a company some years ago produce some 12 inch dog action figures? or was it all just an earthquake induced dream? Cause I remember walking through the toy aisle at a local dollar store and seeing them years ago.

I'm not sure. There is Timber Wolf with G.I. Joe, and I know Sideshow did a version, which is articulated, but has a very hard time standing, loose joints and all. You would not have seen that high-end collectible at the local dollar store, though, even if the quality was ultimately poor. But I know versions of this existed in "regular" toy sets, and maybe some were articulated.

skywalkersaga wrote:Ahh, I see your hieroglyphs now, GF! That's what happens when I look at the forum on my phone. I guess they were so fitting in the corner of the pic that at first glance I thought they were somehow just part of the backdrop/scenery. ;p 

And that last image of the statue.... omfg, is that a Roman version of a 'furry'?   Laughing

Thanks, Sky. Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:I’ve seen that Roman statue before. Yikes!

That's what I thought too... I'm starting to think we are a bunch of art snobs... Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GregT

I held my 2-cents-worth this morning and I'm glad I did. Anubis' head on the TBL body is such an improvement,
even in the historical sense so much more appropriate, looks excellent (maybe wrist bands and anklets to hide the joints)
congrats on the Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear Award.

any plans for that Anubis body?

Lynkhart

He definitely looks better on a smaller body!

I’m getting some Assassin’s Creed: Origins vibes from the design - for those who haven’t played it, it’s set in ancient Egypt and is pretty historically accurate for the most part, but there was a questline that involves travelling to the afterlife and some of the enemies looked rather familiar...

TBLeague - TBL Fantasy Anubis (and friends) updated - Page 2 40542483325_f4a769c828_zAssassin's Creed: Origins by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

TBLeague - TBL Fantasy Anubis (and friends) updated - Page 2 41437069101_b3d374fd80_zAssassin's Creed: Origins by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

TBLeague - TBL Fantasy Anubis (and friends) updated - Page 2 40542336765_68beb491b4_zAssassin's Creed: Origins by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

(It’s such a gorgeous game it’s impossible not to take screenshots XD)

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

Delanie

I'm a little disappointed I was interested in getting this for a fantasy figure.

Tell me though is the head gear removable?

To be honest I was going to ditch all of the 'Egyptian' stuff for no other reason than it gives me the creeps ! I also am not a fan of either the Egyptian or roman periods as I think they have been done to death (pun intended). My feeling is that this is because the left a written record and its easy to write a book about or make a tv programme about.

I was interested in some of the hybrid figure one company produces with animal heads on human bodies but I have never seen them parted out

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Delanie, those animal/human hybrid figures are very small runs, and super expensive; I imagine anyone who invests is never going to part those out, unfortunately.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - TBL Fantasy Anubis (and friends) updated - Page 2 C8485110

Delanie

Delanie
thanks Mark that's actually what i figured. still tempted to get Anubis and butcher the head though if the head dress is fixed

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GregT wrote:I held my 2-cents-worth this morning and I'm glad I did. Anubis' head on the TBL body is such an improvement, even in the historical sense so much more appropriate, looks excellent (maybe wrist bands and anklets to hide the joints) congrats on the Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear Award. Any plans for that Anubis body?

Thank you very much. Yep, a definite improvement. Probably will end up using the black Anubis body (it is obviously far too black -- literally -- for any human figure) for a fantasy character yet to be designed. Originally the body was going to be the only part I pick up from this set...

Lynkhart wrote:He definitely looks better on a smaller body! I’m getting some Assassin’s Creed: Origins vibes from the design - for those who haven’t played it, it’s set in ancient Egypt and is pretty historically accurate for the most part, but there was a questline that involves travelling to the afterlife and some of the enemies looked rather familiar...

Thank you, Christine, and also for identifying what is quite probably the source or inspiration for the look they went for. Now we know.

Delanie wrote:I'm a little disappointed I was interested in getting this for a fantasy figure. Tell me though is the head gear removable? I was interested in some of the hybrid figure one company produces with animal heads on human bodies but I have never seen them parted out.

Good question. I haven't yanked off the headgear yet, but its components (two straps hanging from the lower ears and the "wig" that envelops the back and sides of the head) are held rather loosely, which suggests that they are either detachable (maybe after heating up the head) or easily removable (by cutting, if need be). The uraeus (cobra) and other decorations on top of the forehead might have to be shaved off, depending on what you want to do with it. The earring loops can be opened up and removed. I think I know what you are referring to about those other sets, but I don't recall ever seeing one parted out, which would support Stryker's observation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum