OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:42 pm

Macuk

Macuk
I really enjoyed the Bulldog Spirit project I posted last year and wanted to do another RAF Pilot

I have always liked the white flight suit seen in some photos and in the Ron Volstad image from the RAF Osprey book so decided to try another pilot with the Prestige suit and also make him a little more dynamic

I used an Alert Line body and Ace Headsculpt for the base figure which I then supported with a wire armature to hold the running pose firmly

The overalls are from DID's Kurt Meyer figure and the rest of the uniform and equipment is made up of Alert Line, Kings Toys, Dragon and DID

The parachute is a lovely item but took time to get looking right. I detailed the figure with acrylic and oil colours and finished with pastel chalks

It has been mounted on a Walnut Plinth base with WW2 RAF eagle crest

All in all I'm really happy in how the figure turned out and learnt a lot from trying to get the pose right

WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ F563ad10
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 7cbbb610
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ A0067010
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 6ee03510
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 8c122a10
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 4d1ec110
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 49aec210
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 03382210
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Cea53210
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ A7d26510
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 55480310
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ F4f8f710
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 70296210
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 1bad2210
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 90b83d10
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 38f5e710
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ E8e90810
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 7b71e410
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 7d9f7310
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 4e141210
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 4cace610
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 9db1ca10
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 5721db10
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 1795b310
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 001e4810
WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ B2798010

2WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty Re: WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:50 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another masterpiece! You are on a roll with these expression heads -- you put them to amazing use. Also the plinths/bases that you use look so classy. Quality work!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty Re: WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:43 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He looks great and as Skywalker said, the bases make them look real classy.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ 1f60e

4WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty Re: WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting figure and posing. I’m curious, is he running toward his plane all ramped up to shoot down the enemy, or is he running away from his own downed plane?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ C8485110

5WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty Re: WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:04 am

Macuk

Macuk
Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting figure and posing. I’m curious, is he running toward his plane all ramped up to shoot down the enemy, or is he running away from his own downed plane?

He is jogging towards his plane after an alert. I based him on a Ron Volstad image and pics of fighter pilots scrambling towards their aircraft

WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Montage

6WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty Re: WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:06 am

Macuk

Macuk
Thanks for comments everyone

7WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty Re: WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:15 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Superior realism. Love the mask!
Nicely done!

8WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty Re: WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent kitbashing, customizing, and posing. Detailed, realistic, and animated. Can it get better than that? I have always dreamt of recreating a bunch of characters from certain Osprey plates and you are making it happen before my eyes!

9WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty Re: WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:04 am

Macuk

Macuk
Thank you for kind comments

I have always liked the artwork of Ron Volstad and was delighted this weekend when he commented on the figure based on his illustration

10WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty Re: WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:49 am

Ovy

Ovy
Macuk wrote:Thank you for kind comments

I have always liked the artwork of Ron Volstad and was delighted this weekend when he commented on the figure based on his illustration
Wow that must feel good I guess. Very Happy

Excellent work, those HD-closeups look so amazingly life-like. 
He looks very British indeed.

He reminds me a bit of that farmer/jet pilot dude from Independence Day.

11WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Empty Re: WW2 RAF Pilot “Scramble “ Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:15 am

Macuk

Macuk
Lol thank you Ovy

That Pilot is the best character in the film 😀

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum