OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“Get ready, ladies.” – Harley Quinn

The villainous Harley Quinn will return to Gotham City in no time. She has been emancipated from her former beau, Mistah J, and has broken away from the Suicide Squad. Now she’s gathering a group of women vigilantes as her own girl gang to face off again the other super villains out there!

Waited with great anticipation for the official release of Birds of Prey, Hot Toys is thrilled today to unmask the new 1/6th scale Harley Quinn collectible figure from the latest DC Extended Universe blockbuster! Meet the gang leader, behind Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), and go inside the mind of an unhinged antihero who’s breaking all the rules.

Beautifully crafted based on the screen appearance of Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey, the movie-accurate collectible figure features a newly developed head and hair sculpture with incredible workmanship, a sophisticatedly tailored golden overall outfit as seen in the first trailer of the film, a pair of interchangeable roller shoes, Harley’s iconic mallet, a chain necklaces, a figure stand with specially designed graphic cards and character backdrop.

Channel your inner Harley Quinn with this latest figure capturing her brilliant look in Birds of Prey!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS565
PRODUCT NAMEHARLEY QUINN
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS26
SPECIAL FEATURESSHORT-LENGTH CURLY BLONDE, PINK AND LIGHT BLUE HAIR SCULPTURE WITH MOVABLE PIGTAILS
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY YULLI
HEAD PAINTED BY E-LEE & JC.HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC.HONG

The 1/6th scale Harley Quinn Collectible Figure’s special features:

- Newly sculpted head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed make-up, skin texture and tattoos
- Short-length curly blonde, pink and light blue hair sculpture with movable pigtails
- Newly developed body with over 26 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
• One (1) pair of relaxed hands
• One (1) pair of gesture hands
• Three (3) pieces of accessories holding hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) gold colored diamond pattern overall
- One (1) hot pink colored vest with buckle
- One (1) pair of gold colored heeled boots
- One (1) pair of interchangeable metallic pink and blue colored double roller-skates (rotatable)

Weapon:
- One (1) Harley Quinn’s mallet

Accessories:
- One (1) silver colored metal necklace chain
- Figure stand with character nameplate, specially designed Birds of Prey themed graphic card and character backdrop

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Yulli
- Head Painted by E-Lee & JC.Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC.Hong

Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2021

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details are subject to change without further notice

BIRDS OF PREY and all related characters
and elements © & ™ DC Comics and
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
WB SHIELD: TM & © WBEI. (s20)

© 2020 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11064
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2493
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3346
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4319
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5302
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6290
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7281
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8265
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9251
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10236
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11227
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12211
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13197
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14178
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15162
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16152
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17145
Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18136

#newproduct #HotToys #BirdsofPrey #HarleyQuinn #female #DC #movie #comicbook

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Somehow I like this one best, although she is less iconic than the previous iterations.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really? I’m of the opposite opinion. I’m not all that fond of the sculpt, the body and outfit are kind of hideous. It’s really too bad they didn’t make her in her iconic outfit — though I guess she doesn’t wear it in the movie.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Really? I’m of the opposite opinion. I’m not all that fond of the sculpt, the body and outfit are kind of hideous. It’s really too bad they didn’t make her in her iconic outfit — though I guess she doesn’t wear it in the movie.

I am not (a) invested in this character or (b) very knowledgeable about her in the movie (which I have seen) or the comics (which I have not), so perhaps that accounts for the differences in our response to this set -- apart from any naturally occurring differences in taste, of course.

Nekk-ra

I like the actual figure even though she has serious helmet hair, but that outfit - bleh! But the whole film looks bad, and not even funny bad. Disappointing.

JohnByng

I only know HQ from the movie Suicide Squad and she is a really fun character. I too am not keen on this iteration. The outfit is clumsy and gaudy and lacks any sense of style.

The headsculpt seems somehow a bit on the masculine side. I don't know whether it is true to the movie, I doubt I will see it.

From Suicide Squad, I get the idea that HQ is both extremely feminine (i.e. sexy and coquettish) and also quite tough and very nasty. The outfit and face of this figure don't mix her inherent contradictions in a satisfying way.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The silliness or ugliness (and I suppose all that is subjective) of the outfit is hardly a problem with the set per se -- as much as it is with the film design choices. That said, one can respond to what is included in a set (whether it is accurate or not) according to one's tastes. Personally, I find all of HQ's outfits too gaudy in one way or another.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I suppose if anyone actually DOES like the outfit, there was a Super Duck set version of it a while back.... if I am remembering correctly? At any rate, it would probably be a lot cheaper than this one. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just got back from seeing this. The outfit she has on under this was worn more in the movie than the yellow bibs. The head and body need to be much paler than what they have here, and as was already pointed out — the hair needs to be more puffy- like. The facial likeness is there, however.

Female - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: BIRDS OF PREY HARLEY QUINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
With 'real hair' it would likely look a lot better. What I don't understand though is why didn't they give her seamless arms?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:With 'real hair' it would likely look a lot better. What I don't understand though is why didn't they give her seamless arms?

The general consensus (but still a guess) is because of the tattoos. That’s a lazy excuse, however, since TBLeague has done it (as has Very Cool when using TBL bodies); granted you have to be careful not to touch that area to prevent damaging, but supposedly, despite my failed efforts, it can be done on a seamless bodies.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I would think that surely it could be done on the kind of rubber they use for those? Since they don't use the silicone, but do more like what the PopToys Xing bodies do, with the rubber coated limbs.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I thought the facial resemblance was there too; and answered my own question about not choosing to use a seamless body the same way. I haven't seen the movie.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
$259 USD. Prices just keep going up.

Ovy

Ovy
From a customizing person perspective, the head looks really cool, but I guess the moulded hair is attached to the forehead.

Rollerskates and a big wooden hammer, that might actually be a very effective weapon and could create good action scenes (although pg18 might help)!

But I probably will only watch it when it's for free for streaming one day.
Can't be worse than suicide squad. xD

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

As good as she is, HT are just WAAAAAY too expensive now. The other day I saw the latest diecast Iron Man selling for £500!! The Power Pose Hulkbuster that was in the cabinet next to it was £650. If anyone is spending that much on action figures they need a sharp reality check with that mallet Ms Quinn is brandishing!

JohnByng

Yes, prices do seem to be rising and rising. There are so many figures I am interested in but they are too expensive!

shazzdan

shazzdan
The mallet is neat but you could make one from two pieces of dowel and some heat-shrink plastic in ten minutes. Add twenty minutes to design and print out the red-on-white diamond pattern.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It’s true about HT’s prices, though honestly these days I find *all* 1/6 figures too expensive ... there are some no-name brand ones I’d love to have for kitbashing purposes, but even they are too expensive to buy just for parts.

That said, HT’s prices are still the worst, and only way I can afford the occasional one is via payment plan, which I guess is how most other people must be able to do so, as well.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Love the face sculpt!
That gold overall and roller skates somehow remind me of GOLDMEMBER.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
Rogerbee wrote:
As good as she is, HT are just WAAAAAY too expensive now. The other day I saw the latest diecast Iron Man selling for £500!! The Power Pose Hulkbuster that was in the cabinet next to it was £650. If anyone is spending that much on action figures they need a sharp reality check with that mallet Ms Quinn is brandishing!

skywalkersaga wrote:It’s true about HT’s prices, though honestly these days I find *all* 1/6 figures too expensive ... there are some no-name brand ones I’d love to have for kitbashing purposes, but even they are too expensive to buy just for parts.

That said, HT’s prices are still the worst, and only way I can afford the occasional one is via payment plan, which I guess is how most other people must be able to do so, as well.

so you're telling me that a low articulation (pos) body with 4 pairs of hands, 5 pieces of moderate quality clothing, and a (decent, not spectacular) head plus mallet is now 250 dollars? that is why i have avoided HT. putting a pos body with a hq head, and some decent clothing then calling it a high end collectible is a lie. atleast TBL uses a seamless body, and includes a large display base. oh, and i forgot to mention... TBL's figures with a full base only cost around 180. this is why HT is a joke. i wish people would stop handing them money, and make them sweat it out until they made some changes to their business model to better respect the customer.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cobratrooper11 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:

skywalkersaga wrote:It’s true about HT’s prices, though honestly these days I find *all* 1/6 figures too expensive ... there are some no-name brand ones I’d love to have for kitbashing purposes, but even they are too expensive to buy just for parts.

so you're telling me that a low articulation (pos) body with 4 pairs of hands, 5 pieces of moderate quality clothing, and a (decent, not spectacular) head plus mallet is now 250 dollars? that is why i have avoided HT. putting a pos body with a hq head, and some decent clothing then calling it a high end collectible is a lie. atleast TBL uses a seamless body, and includes a large display base. oh, and i forgot to mention... TBL's figures with a full base only cost around 180. this is why HT is a joke. i wish people would stop handing them money, and make them sweat it out until they made some changes to their business model to better respect the customer.

I totally agree. Unfortunately, as more and more celebrities, and non-collectors,  have become aware of them, and there are those that will throw money at them — regardless of whether they have any vested interest in the character (just so they can say they have the latest and greatest HT) — HT’s business model wont change until they start getting terrible reviews and start bleeding money. That could be a long time down the road — in the meantime, more and more companies will follow suit, and more and more of us will be priced out of the hobby.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I completely agree HT are overpriced to the point of insanity, and that tbleague do seem to give a lot better value for the money. That being said, it's not so straightforward for me to just say 'I'm going to boycott Hot Toys' when they happen to put out the majority of figures and loose parts I need for the particular genre and characters I collect and/or customize. I only got into 1/6 scale in the first place due to being an Anakin fan and desperately wanting the HT Anakin figure -- I only 'stayed' in the hobby for the customizing side of it. I'm not and will never be an HT collector in earnest. I'm too poor, too late to the hobby, and their figures are just too expensive. That said, I do purchase them occasionally, but only after exploring every possible option to see if I could somehow make a custom version of the character first. But given the cost of custom parts and materials [and even more if you'd need to commission something from an artist], it sometimes turns out to make more sense to just buy the official figure. And likewise, sometimes ebay scalper prices mean that even purchasing a handful of loose HT parts ends up being more expensive than buying a complete figure. 

And yeah, I will likely be priced out of the hobby soon, and that's not even taking into account Hot Toys since the full HT figures don't even make up the majority of my purchases. Even just affording customizing supplies -- especially tbleague base bodies -- on a regular basis is becoming rather difficult for me these days. :/

It's an expensive hobby to begin with -- it's just a shame that HT makes it even more prohibitively so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum