OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Features:

Head sculpts x2 (One normal and One angry expression)

Half seamless figure body w/ tattoo

Hands x4 pairs

Tee

Shirt

Pants

Backpack

Shoes x1 pair

Bracelet

Wrist belt

Long rifle

Bow w/ 3 arrows

Pistol w/ magazine

Torch

Bottle of alcohol

Blade

Dagger

Transparent stand

***Preorder gift - Guitar***

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 1-528x10
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 2-528x29
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 3-528x29
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 4-528x27
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 5-528x29
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 6-528x29
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 7-528x27
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 8-528x27
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 9-528x24
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 10-52824
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 11-52824
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 12-52823
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 13-52819

#newproduct #MasterTeam #Elli #female #Teen #Videogame #horror #sci-fi #post-apocayptic

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think that looks considerably better than previous versions. Of course, it might be due to the character growing up/changing look?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, looks like it’s from the sequel game. At least it’s a potential teenage head for some customisers out there ... :’)

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

blackpool

blackpool
That’s one smart move, it comes right on time with the release of the second game (glorious franchise I must say, very interesting game, immersive, emotional, captivating)

I love the accessories personally, the guitar is a cool prop to recreate the trailer’s scenes!

Delanie

Delanie
I like the figure another young person is always useful the subject matter not so much, the game was graphicly good but hey when it comes down to it was another zombie game

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
My eyes must be failing me because i see only one head sculpt.
And i can't tell if its the normal face or the angry one.

Skippy

Master Team TLOU2 Ellie arrived this morning from OneSixthKit, having only taken a week in total.

I'm pretty pleased. I really like the calmer sculpt. It has a subtle intensity that's completely washed out in a lot of photos, and the paintwork is great.

The angry sculpt is pretty good as you turn it to see it from every angle. Her left eye is placed quite a way to the outer edge, which makes it look lazy, but it's an optical illusion since her right eye is also that far left. Both eyes actually have the same amount of white showing as she's looking leftward, but it works better if you turn her head a little in that direction too.

The clothes are well done. The shirt isn't as overly large as it seemed, which you can test by pulling it to where the closed position would be. Both the shirt and shoes have a good amount of weathering. It's harder to tell on the jeans, but they look weathered on the front of the thighs.

The accessories are all well painted, with weathering and wood grain where applicable. The torch has a magnet that corresponds with one on the backpack, which itself is made to look grubby. It also has three working zips.

The guitar is quite fine, with plastic strings in scale. I think it's also accurate to the game model, with 'Taylor' on the head and the Moth logo on the neck.

While checking accuracy I saw this page:

https://blog.taylorguitars.com/taylor-creates-custom-guitars-for-the-last-of-us-part-ii-game-release

The clear stand is quite novel, but it's going to look out of place with all the black ones I've used for my TLOU related figures. (However, I did recently spray one white for Abby. lol)

The sculpt sits a bit low on the neck, which looked the case in photos. There's the usual rubber cup inside the head, so I pulled it out and put blue tack inside the head and replaced the cup, which raised her head.

I managed to take this up close with the flash, but to show the actual expression I would have to turn the flash off and light her another way:

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 51186315942_6d2fec2e1b_o

Used double sided tape to fix the bandage in place:

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 51187268503_20de48ff84_o

There are quite a few pages in journal. I don't know if it's all legible

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 51187825444_244c6e3c5c_o

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Your close up pic looks great, the makers captured the CGI look, the face turned out much better than what was advertised.
The angry head looks impressive too. Got to play the game already!

Skippy

rollotomasi wrote:Your close up pic looks great, the makers captured the CGI look, the face turned out much better than what was advertised.
The angry head looks impressive too. Got to play the game already!

Yes, I really love that calmer sculpt. Don't know why there's been so much hostility towards the figure, but I saw on one of the Facebook groups that people were finally starting to like her.

I can't capture her expression as the flash keeps washing it out, but there's a subtle intensity with the furrows between her eyebrows, which I just discovered are called 'glabellar frown lines' that can indicate impatience, frustration or focus.

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 51187528433_7b9044da2f_o

The angry head isn't as impressive, but it's still pretty good. I wanted to use it on one of my NKVD girls, but the plastic hair makes it too big for her fur hat.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She came out very well, and looks great with your other figures. By the way, I have the same chair+table+light combo, and love them.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:She came out very well, and looks great with your other figures. By the way, I have the same chair+table+light combo, and love them.

I've had to move HUNK down into the shelf below, with the kitbashed and Redman TLOU figures, as I'll need the room for CC Toys' TLOU2 Ellie and Joel. The Clicker will have to go on the top shelf with the TLOU summer and winter pairs.

The table and chair was from the HT DX11 Joker set. I bought two Jokers to display both looks, so have the spare furniture.

At the bottom of one of my double glass cases, in a space too short for figures, I assembled all the 1/6 furniture, ornaments, scenery pieces, etc that I'd collected. The DX11 table and chair was there, until I thought I might set it up where I usually take my photos.

The typewriter is a metal pencil sharpener, but surprisingly detailed as it has all the keys in plastic and correctly marked.

The chair will probably be for Joel when he arrives, to sit on and play his guitar. Though a post today on SSF highlighted that Giantoy had responded to a question on the release date for the CC Toys sets, and they'd been deferred until August. Crying or Very sad

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well they do serve a variety of cool display options, and I hope you share photos as your new figures or kitbashes become available. I got the table+lamp+chair combo separately on its own, and I know at least part of that was re-released again later still, but I would imagine the separate sets were perhaps replicas or imitations of the HT ones.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Well they do serve a variety of cool display options, and I hope you share photos as your new figures or kitbashes become available. I got the table+lamp+chair combo separately on its own, and I know at least part of that was re-released again later still, but I would imagine the separate sets were perhaps replicas or imitations of the HT ones.

I think I've seen those sets on Ebay.

I'll try to keep sharing photos - there's a ridiculous amount of figures on pre-order! With 1/12 becoming more popular I expected there to be an easing up from companies producing 1/6, but there's just a never ending stream of product.

With Star Wars I try to be disciplined and stick to the OT, or close to it (Solo, Rogue One, The Mandalorian). Then I watched The Bad Batch and was impressed by it, so now Echo is on pre-order. That's a slippery slope I didn't think I get onto, but the figure looks so unique, and it's the birth of the Empire.

When Nanjin's EXO-6 starts releasing Original Series Trek and The Next Generation figures that's going to be another rabbit hole to be sucked down into!

glitch

glitch
She looks a lot more detailed than I thought she would be! Promo pics don't do it justice I'd say. MT is seems to really be stepping up their game by looks of it.
I was a bit undecided on picking this one up, since I've already pre-ordered the CCToys versions. But now I'm kinda glad I did.
Thanks for the pics Asta.

Skippy

glitch wrote:She looks a lot more detailed than I thought she would be! Promo pics don't do it justice I'd say. MT is seems to really be stepping up their game by looks of it.
I was a bit undecided on picking this one up, since I've already pre-ordered the CCToys versions. But now I'm kinda glad I did.
Thanks for the pics Asta.

I was looking at the promo pics as I was setting her up, and the difference is pretty remarkable. In those first official photos the sculpt did look quite plain by comparison.

Now to wait and see how the CC Toys sculpts turn out, as they've amended them since they were first shown.

Skippy

Another shot of the Master team Ellie, this time capturing a glimpse of the frown lines:

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 51189789994_157656746b_o

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for sharing Asta! I think the headsculpt turned out great in the end. They really improved them from the prototype. I had ordered the cctoys ones because the proto didn't look that good to me when they announced it. They said they were working on improving it but never showed a revised version =(. I'm hoping the cctoys one turns out ok.

Skippy

csyeung wrote:Thanks for sharing Asta! I think the headsculpt turned out great in the end. They really improved them from the prototype. I had ordered the cctoys ones because the proto didn't look that good to me when they announced it. They said they were working on improving it but never showed a revised version =(. I'm hoping the cctoys one turns out ok.

R_R_X, who works with LiMToys and has connections to both Master Team and CC Toys, wrote on SSF of the updated sculpts that he thought the MT "...looks more like Ellie than CCToys's sculpt but there seems to be a wideness issue, CCToys is the exact opposite, the sculpt looks too narrow, the angry head could definitely be better in my opinion."

The "wideness issue" with the MT I see only with the angry sculpt, in that it looks wider than the calmer one. The calmer one is pretty much perfect to me in sculpt, paintwork and scale, and far exceeded my expectations. In fact, I wish MT had dropped the angry sculpt and just duplicated the calmer one with blood and dirt.

CC's original angry head looked off to me:

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure Cc_toy10

I lost track of CC's updates, but it seems they changed from a very calm sculpt to one that's a bit angrier:

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure Cc_toy11

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure Cc_toy13

It looks like a more intense version of MT's.

I don't know whether both of these received further updates, and since their sets have been delayed until August it's going to be a while before we can pass judgement.

glitch

glitch
I compared them with photos from the game, and to me it looks like the CCToys version is lightly more accurate. But I'm still a bit undecided on the head sculpts, so I ordered an extra calm MT version from ebay just in case I don't like either of them. lol
As for frown lines, MT did the same thing the their Jill sculpt as well. It's hard to see the expressive lines in Jill's sculpt until you play around with the lighting/shadows a bit.
I suppose that seeing how video games focus on lighting/ray tracing nowadays for ultra realism, it only makes sense that most of these sculpts (no matter how accurate) would look slightly off in real life lighting compared to lighting settings in a video game.

Skippy

glitch wrote:I compared them with photos from the game, and to me it looks like the CCToys version is lightly more accurate. But I'm still a bit undecided on the head sculpts, so I ordered an extra calm MT version from ebay just in case I don't like either of them. lol
As for frown lines, MT did the same thing the their Jill sculpt as well. It's hard to see the expressive lines in Jill's sculpt until you play around with the lighting/shadows a bit.
I suppose that seeing how video games focus on lighting/ray tracing nowadays for ultra realism, it only makes sense that most of these sculpts (no matter how accurate) would look slightly off in real life lighting compared to lighting settings in a video game.

My fall back position, if CC Toys doesn't come up to scratch, will be MT's angry sculpt.

Trouble is, I don't like bending the rubber arms on these bodies, so opt for a more relaxed pose, unless it's a body I'm not too worried about that will always have the arms covered. Angry sculpts work better if the figure is posed in an action, otherwise it could come across as standing and scowling at passers by. lol

CC Toys' Ellie has her hoody, so protecting the arms isn't as critical. Yet, her right arm tattoo makes her more than just a regular body.

With regards to the body on MT Ellie, it turns out she's a bit short.

I guess it could be a PopToys Xing as the ankle pegs look like the longer options here:

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 20190807_154709_048__21083.1588139652

I was surprised they were even the longer ones, since she already seemed petite next to other female figures.

Soa Lee, the Lead Character Artist at Naughty Dog who was responsible for some of Ellie's modelling in TLOU2, apparently confirmed in a private message that Ellie's Part II height at 19 is 5' 5".

https://thelastofus.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Ellie#:~:text=Ellie's%20height%20in%20TLOU%20part,'4%22(163cm).

The MT figure was a bit off, measuring 10.5", which equates to Ellie's 5' 3" at age 14/15 (the museum flashback).

I searched through my body parts stash and found a bag of accessories that came with a Xing and found a pair of these:

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure Poptoy41

They have to be inverted to work as extenders, and plugged onto the ball joint that extends from the leg. Filling the holes in the shoes with blue tack enables the pegs to be inserted securely.

When I measured her again she was now a little too tall.

So I hacksawed a few millimetres off all around the peg, as indicated here:

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure Poptoy42

When I reassembled her, with the pegs firmly seated in the blue tack, she was a perfect 5' 5" above the soles of her shoes!

An extra benefit of doing all that was that her jeans fit better. Before they were a bit long, with too many creases.

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Master Team 1/6 Scale Elli action figure 51193176843_9bb9cd5866_o

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum