OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

I recently acquired some imperial navy uniforms made by hasbro of course, since it was two uniforms I decided I was going to make one a little different, so with some loose parts from a snowtrooper and a clone trooper I made an armored navy trooper. Now imperial navy troopers generally do not perform duties on land, they are always either in places like the death star or on ships providing security, maintenance, gunners and defense against boarding parties and the like but that doesn't mean they don't go on land tho it is indeed rare.

For my armored guy I simply took some snowtrooper armor, and the belt, painted it black then added the back armor from some clone trooper armor I had, it is not a very canon back piece since a more closer look to what the backpiece looks like would be standard stormtrooper armor but I had none of it. Additionally I made a pouch for one and a holsters for the other, hope you all enjoy looking at them.
Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  GsAb8se
Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  4oK6EU1
Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  JkYm7wG
Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  PdULfze
Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  KsvoZFh

Some of the other stuff I did was having to hollow out the helmet a little, the hasbro one has some horrible sculpted on webbing which made the helmet sit on top of the guys head, I also had to add some easily removable padding for the cap since its a bit too wide for the temporary dude with the dirty face.  In the end it was easy and fun, I was actually happy that the armored dude came out how I pictured him in my mind, which is a rarity. 😶
Anyway I hope you all have a good weekend and stay safe out there.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice cobbling together and repaints of all the pieces. It’s funny, when I read Imperial Navy, I was almost imagine aquatic guys — something we haven’t seen yet (as far as I know) — guys who can swim underwater/or be propelled by jet packs underwater. You would think on water-worlds that’s something Lucas would have thought of.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb -- they look great, and so much better than the original version. I also like the heads you used. I've had the same idea, and used the same items on other bodies. Ever the stickler for detail, I was bothered by the use of the imperial cog emblem on these uniforms (they appear on jumpsuits, not on tunics like these), so tried to remove them (while preserving them for use elsewhere) and the pockets; and even though it looked ok, I always knew it wasn't quite right. Lately, I've replaced them with Count Dooku tunics from the HT set. Hollowing out the Hasbro naval helmets was an excellent idea; I've been meaning to do the same, but never quite gotten to it.

You can see some of my versions here (among other characters) :
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1076-star-wars-christmas-revised-edition?highlight=star+wars+christmas

Stryker2011 -- How could you say we haven't seen aquatic guys!!? Go, look, and repent! Wink
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t909-star-wars-new-imperial-unit-aquatrooper-part-two?highlight=aquatrooper

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Haha! What I meant, Guv, was with all the money at the disposal for the filmmakers, instead of having some adventures on a water-world, they went back to the same places we’ve seen already. George had a very limited imagination after he did the OT. Aquatic Troopers who became canon would have been interesting. But I do stand corrected — we have seen underwater Troopers. I repent!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice cobbling together and repaints of all the pieces. It’s funny, when I read Imperial Navy, I was almost imagine aquatic guys — something we haven’t seen yet (as far as I know) — guys who can swim underwater/or be propelled by jet packs underwater. You would think on water-worlds that’s something Lucas would have thought of.

Thanks Stryker, I too find it a bit weird that the guys up in space are called navy but that's their name. I'm unsure if Lucas ever came up with a diver trooper like concept, most of the early stuff is based around knights, even stormtroopers where more like knights than soldiers. That said there have been a few different diver trooper versions, some look like standard stormtroopers but with deep sea diving suits and armor, others use the helmet but a different suit, however my all time favorite version is the one that looks like scout troopers.

Here's some pics of them.
Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  Latest?cb=20091204162152
Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  Latest?cb=20180619052207
Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  Latest?cb=20100614165008
Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  Latest?cb=20190109192423
Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  Latest?cb=20200119210258

GubernatorFan wrote:Theboo-bomb -- they look great, and so much better than the original version. I also like the heads you used. I've had the same idea, and used the same items on other bodies. Ever the stickler for detail, I was bothered by the use of the imperial cog emblem on these uniforms (they appear on jumpsuits, not on tunics like these), so tried to remove them (while preserving them for use elsewhere) and the pockets; and even though it looked ok, I always knew it wasn't quite right. Lately, I've replaced them with Count Dooku tunics from the HT set. Hollowing out the Hasbro naval helmets was an excellent idea; I've been meaning to do the same, but never quite gotten to it.

You can see some of my versions here (among other characters) :
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1076-star-wars-christmas-revised-edition?highlight=star+wars+christmas

Stryker2011 -- How could you say we haven't seen aquatic guys!!? Go, look, and repent! Wink
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t909-star-wars-new-imperial-unit-aquatrooper-part-two?highlight=aquatrooper

Thanks Gubernator, I was going to remove the cogs but my experience removing these iron on patches has been hit or miss, not wanting to damage the uniforms I decided to leave them alone, tho I could have just painted over them now that I think about it. Your diver trooper is excellent, if it where to me it would be canon, shark and all!

Stryker2011 wrote:Haha! What I meant, Guv, was with all the money at the disposal for the filmmakers, instead of having some adventures on a water-world, they went back to the same places we’ve seen already. George had a very limited imagination after he did the OT. Aquatic Troopers who became canon would have been interesting. But I do stand corrected — we have seen underwater Troopers. I repent!

Lucas might not have had a lot of imagination but neither do the people under disney, while the movies are for the most part enjoyable (at least to me) they are still more or less done the same, all fights are on land, not even in space that much either. It would be fun to see a water world in the movies, with boats and what not but I don't think we will get that, it's easier to make a desert or wasteland than it is to make a sea. Additionally, all this talk about the sea and divers makes me want to make up some imperial or rebel sea navy personnel, could be fun.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Imperial Navy Troopers [Star Wars] [A more canon approach]  1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Somehow nearly missed this. I think they have cool authorative vibe, for some reason they remind me of South American special police forces, like Brazil's BOPE unit.

About those underwater worlds, there also was that Battle on  Admiral Ackbars home planet from that old, weird, over the top but still charming animated clone clone wars miniseries. And later in the animated one, hinted by boos pics.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Ovy wrote:Somehow nearly missed this. I think they have cool authorative vibe, for some reason they remind me of South American special police forces, like Brazil's BOPE unit.

About those underwater worlds, there also was that Battle on  Admiral Ackbars home planet from that old, weird, over the top but still charming animated clone clone wars miniseries. And later in the animated one, hinted by boos pics.

Black in star wars has always been a very authoritative color, the villains wear black, and most of the imperials we see in the OT who are not stormtroopers also wear black, it's the easy way of asigning who is evil and who isn't.

Most of the depictions of water worlds in star wars have been of Mon Cala, the mon calamari world tho they also showed Rodia the Rodian world but since never as a water world, just as a mostly water covered world.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great work, as always!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum