OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
THE 1/6TH SCALE MARILYN MONROE (MILITARY OUTFIT) COLLECTIBLE FIGURE SPECIALLY FEATURES:

- 1/6TH SCALE APPROXIMATELY 29 CM TALL
- BODY WITH 30 POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS
- AUTHENTIC AND DETAILED FULLY REALIZED LIKENESS OF MARILYN MONROE IN KOREA WITH USO IN 1954
- ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION WITH DETAILED SKIN TEXTURE
- EACH PIECE OF HEAD SCULPT IS SPECIALLY HAND-PAINTED

PARTS:
1. THREE (4) PIECES OF INTERCHANGEABLE HANDS INCLUDING:
- ONE (1) PAIR OF OPEN HANDS
- ONE (1) LEFT HAND FOR HOLDING THE MIRROR
- ONE (1) RIGHT HAND FOR HOLDING EYEBROW PENCIL

2. COSTUME:
- ONE (1) BLACK T-SHIRT
- ONE (1) PAIR OF BROWN TROUSERS
- ONE (1) WHITE SCARF
- ONE (1) BLUE B-15C PILOT JACKET
- ONE (1) PAIR OF BROWN BOOTS

3. ACCESSORIES:
- ONE (1) LIPSTICK
- ONE (1) GOLD COMPACT WITH MIRROR
- ONE (1) EYEBROW PENCIL
- ONE (1) DOD ID CARD (2 SIDES)
- THREE (3) CUSTOMIZABLE 1/6 SCALE PATCH GRAPHICS
- THREE (3) 1:1 SCALE FULL-SIZE EMBROIDERED PATCH REPROUDCTIONS

4. FIGURE STAND

RELEASE DATE: Q4, 2018

**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT
**PRODUCT DETAILS COULD BE SUBJECTED TO CHANGE WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE

TM &(c)2018 AUTHENTIC BRAND GROUP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
(c) 2018 Star Ace Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14435110
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14435410
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14435710
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14440110
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14440610
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14441110
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14441510
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14442010
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14442510
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14442910
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14443210
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14443410
starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) 14443810

#newproduct #starace #MarilynMonroe #military #movie

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Now there's something different and more realistic. Not the most exciting set, but I like it. Love that they gave her her little makeup kit. But is it just me or has she overpowdered her nose? Smile

dadrab

dadrab
GubernatorFan wrote: But is it just me or has she overpowdered her nose? Smile

I rather like the set. The nose didn't stand out to me, but maybe I'm a "nose" guy.

I still detest the sculpted hair, but I can only imagine the PITA it would be to package the product for shipping with rooted hair. Her look is fairly well-rooted in that hair style.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
If their current track record is anything to go by, it would be nothing short of a miracle if the production figure looks that good. Pre-order at your own risk!

CHEERS!

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
OH . . . where do I begin?

PSST . . . this offering is not the first attempt/version of Marilyn in a military jacket.

A long long time ago . . . when the 1:6 hobby as we know it was still evolving . . . a one-off brand called Toys McCoy produced their 1:6 / 12" version of Marilyn Monroe in the same/similar look using a custom head sculpt on a Hasbro GI JANE body with thigh extenders.

starace - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys New: 1/6 Marilyn Monroe / Marilyn Monroe Military Jacket Edition (#SA0055) Toys_m10

It's been a long time since I've seen the Toys McCoy figure show up online.

Granted, Star Ace's version wins hands down compared to the Toys McCoy version. However, Star Ace have a dismal track record on pretty much everything they produced for a variety of reasons.

I'm not a fan of Star Ace and I'm not too impressed with their Marilyn Monroe 1:6 figures.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
For a long time ago, the Toys McCoy figure actually looks pretty nice.

PitViper

PitViper
Actually, I agree with GubernatorFan. The Star Ace figure's facial expression is kind of off, and I'm not sure why. Toys McCoy's Marylin headsculpt IMHO better captures the star's physical appearance, although I realize that by today's standards that headsculpt would be considered cartoonish.

dadrab

dadrab
PitViper wrote:...although I realize that by today's standards that headsculpt would be considered cartoonish.

I don't disagree, but will postulate that a good repaint will do worlds of good for that old sculpt. The basic facial shape, or essence of what made Marilyn look like Marilyn, is there.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
dadrab wrote:I don't disagree, but will postulate that a good repaint will do worlds of good for that old sculpt. The basic facial shape, or essence of what made Marilyn look like Marilyn, is there.

I think there is a lot of truth to that, at least in principle. For example, the John Cena head I repainted and used in some of the photos for the Detailed Review of TBLeague M35 was pretty cartoonish. It is still stuck in a somewhat animated smirk (that's the sculpt), but looks unmistakably like him, and realistic enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum