OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“I’ve waited a long time for a shot like this.” – Han Solo

The newest chapter of the Star Wars saga is unfolding in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story! Fans will finally learn the past of the galaxy’s most beloved scoundrel – Han Solo.

Times were tough under Imperial rule. Han, a street thief, worked for a notorious gang on Corellia, stealing goods and cutting deals on behalf of an ill-tempered crime boss. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 144

Hot Toys reveals their first 1/6th scale collectible figure from Solo: A Star Wars Story: the main man himslef, Han Solo! Two versions of the character will see release, including a standard release (MMS491) and a deluxe version (MMS492) which includes Han Solo’s outfit on the planet of Vandor : a pair of goggles, a fur overcoat, and a climbing belt!

Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 242

The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of Han Solo from Solo: A Star Wars Story. It features a newly developed head sculpt with striking likeness, a meticulously tailored outfit with brown-colored suede-like jacket, the iconic blaster pistol, an assortments of accessories including the symbolic gold-colored lucky dice, a wristwatch, a communicator and a specially designed figure stand.

The Deluxe Version will exclusively feature Han Solo’s outfit on the planet of Vandor including a pair of goggles, a fur overcoat, and a climbing belt!

Star Wars fans, be sure to pick up the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy for your next wild adventure with the Millennium Falcon!

The 1/6th scale Han Solo Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) specially features:

- Newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo in Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture
- Brown color short hair sculpture
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- One (1) interchangeable hair sculpture with magnetic feature for wearing snow goggles***
- Three (3) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) right hand for holding weapon
- Four (4) pieces of brown-colored interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed gloved hands
- One (1) right hand for holding weapon
- One (1) gesturing left hand
- Three (3) pieces of dark brown-colored interchangeable gloved hands including:***
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands***
- One (1) right hand for holding weapon***
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) grayish blue and black- colored V-neck shirt
- One (1) brown-colored suede-like jacket
- One (1) dark brown-colored leather-like belt
- One (1) brown-colored leather-like blaster holster belt
- One (1) pair of dark blue-colored pants
- One (1) pair of black-colored boots with weathering effect
- One (1) dark brown-colored mink-like overcoat with brown suede-like inner-layered jacket***
- One (1) beige-colored scarf***

Weapon:
- One (1) blaster pistol

Accessory:
- One (1) pair of metallic gold-colored lucky dice
- One (1) watch
- One (1) communicator
- One (1) wearable snow goggles***
- One (1) climbing belt***
- Interchangeable graphic cards for figure stand***
- Specially designed figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by So Young Lee
- 3D Designed by Da Hye Kim
- Head Painted by E- Lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

*** Exclusive to Deluxe Version

Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2019

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

©️ & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
©️ 2018 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 143
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 241
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 340
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 438
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 538
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 637
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 738
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 834
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 934
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1031
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1130
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1228
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1326
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1424
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1523
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1622
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1720

#newproduct #hottoys #Han Solo #Solo #Movie #StarWars

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks pretty good. Was wondering how soon they'll get round to this. I am seeing the movie tomorrow, and I suspect the popularity of this figure is likely to be bound up with how viewers react to the movie. Thanks for posting!

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I posted damning comments on the figure as well as the characterization, actor, and the film elsewhere.

To me this offering would have better served as a head sculpt, outfit, and accessories/weapons set.

The film is nowhere near the hype.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:I posted damning comments on the figure as well as the characterization, actor, and the film elsewhere.

To me this offering would have better served as a head sculpt, outfit, and accessories/weapons set.

The film is nowhere near the hype.

Ok, please no spoilers. In fact the negativity in this instance may serve me well, so I am less disappointed (potentially) when I see it. Unlike Rogue One, this one has much bigger hurdles to clear. Obviously Hot Toys would not produce a head and accessories set, because then they could hardly justify as exorbitant a price as they do for a boxed set (i.e., maybe they would have had to charge merely $150+ instead of $250+). I am not 100% sure they nailed the face perfectly, but then again, I am yet to see the movie.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:Ok, please no spoilers. In fact the negativity in this instance may serve me well, so I am less disappointed (potentially) when I see it. Unlike Rogue One, this one has much bigger hurdles to clear. Obviously Hot Toys would not produce a head and accessories set, because then they could hardly justify as exorbitant a price as they do for a boxed set (i.e., maybe they would have had to charge merely $150+ instead of $250+). I am not 100% sure they nailed the face perfectly, but then again, I am yet to see the movie.

--

No spoilers from me.

I'm an @$$hole, but not that kind of an @$$hole.

I had skepticism about ROGUE ONE, but it was enjoyable (in retrospect) even though pretty much everyone knew how it was going to end.

Judge SOLO for yourself.

I feel the direction and focus of 1:6 figures based on SW from HT has been uneven given the design and price for what you get.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve been avoiding as much info about this movie as possible, but I have fairly low expectations anyway. I’ve been mostly meh about most movies made in the last 20 years or so. I find that if I expect mediocre right off the bat, sometimes I’m surprised, but most often my expectations are met.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:I’ve been avoiding as much info about this movie as possible, but I have fairly low expectations anyway. I’ve been mostly meh about most movies made in the last 20 years or so. I find that if I expect mediocre right off the bat, sometimes I’m surprised, but most often my expectations are met.

--

I always prepare myself for the worst case scenario instead of the best case scenario.

WHY?

If the worst case scenario occurs, then at least I'm prepared for it, learn from it, and move on accordingly.

If the best case scenario occurs, I'm pleasantly satisfied/surprised and move on accordingly.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
In case anyone missed it, an announcement was made that everyone's favorite Mandalorian bounty hunter Boba Fett is getting his own spin-off film to be directed by James Mangold who directed Logan and The Wolverine.

What's next? A SW spin-off/prequel/whatever film based on every damn character from the SW universe as well as 1:6 figures based on them from the film? Probably.

I wonder if a film is going to be made about the inhabitants of Alderaan because the planet was destroyed by the Death Star from SW: EP IV: A NEW HOPE? Maybe 1:6 figures from Alderaan?

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
A young Leia movie with Millie Bobby Brown must be on the cards. That would be good casting, as would this have been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4

Why not, Disney!? Why!?

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sadly, Disney is going to milk this franchise for as long as they can, until they destroy it even more than Lucas himself nearly did with the prequels.

Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
I just saw it yesterday, the movie is cool, I really enjoyed the story, with some cool plot twists, still it is not unforgettable, it's far from the quality of Rogue One.
Still a good moment, and always cool to take a ride in the starwars verse, but it's not the blast I expected...

I honestly don't understand all the hype around childish gambino, his acting is nothing more than decent, young han is a bit better, he really does some harrison ford's gimmick well, but it's not enough to bring fun. The humor and jokes are really pathetic for most, I don't understand how the same studio can create insanely good blockbusters like the marvel ones, and nuke another franchise like they are doing with star wars. It's only my personal opinion, but except rogue one, the new star wars movies are lame!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am largely in agreement with blackpool... though even Rogue One had its cringeworthy moments, and yet was so much better than much of the Star Wars stuff we have seen after the 80s.
Roger, maybe Anthony Ingruber should have been cast as young Han Solo! Unless that was lip-syncing, it was very impressive. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That was all him, he played a young Harrison in Age of Adaline.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:That was all him, he played a young Harrison in Age of Adaline.

I spent over an hour looking at youtube stuff (carefully avoiding anything posted since Solo's release), and this guy is great. I haven't seen how well (or badly) Ehrenreich did the job yet (that will happen tonight), but it should have been a no-brainer to cast Ingruber. Alas... when the producer is Spielberg's former secretary and Spielberg "discovered" Ehrenreich and promoted his career, such decisions are bound to be influenced by questionable factors.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, apparently Anthony auditioned, but, it looks like KK had already found her man.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Yeah, apparently Anthony auditioned, but, it looks like KK had already found her man.

Well, I was sorta repeating internet gossip here, though it is bewildering that Anthony Ingruber wasn't cast (unless he somehow did butcher every audition) -- nothing in the previews inspires confidence in the guy they did pick. But according to the talk shows, he went through six readings before they settled on him -- for what that was worth.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just saw this. It wasn't bad. Not as good as Rogue One, but not as horrible as the prequels or The Last Jedi. About as good as The Force Awakens, I guess. Could it have been better? Sure. That's all I'll say for now. Suffice to say, if all they make from this movie is Han and this mediocre Chewie, I'll be saving myself some money.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second that, Stryker. Perhaps with the lowered expectations, I found the movie sufficiently entertaining and well-paced. Everything was fine (ranging from good to ok) for me, but I was underwhelmed with the choice of actor for Han -- perhaps because I saw the Anthony Ingruber alternative on youtube. Alden was not awful (I think he is a decent actor), but just not quite up to the challenge of channeling both the character and the younger version of the established actor. It just didn't seem quite right -- I could not see or hear Han. One of my friends said that part of it is that Han was never the protagonist -- but I think making him the protagonist is a somewhat different challenge than portraying him.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
When the movie is called Solo, if he's not what you get then you may as well forget it. Some still say that Anthony Ingruber is an impressionist, not an actor.

However, Ron Howard's last big movie was Rush and Chris Hemsworth was certainly doing a James Hunt impression. Had Ron been involved from the get go, I think he may have fought for Anthony Ingruber as he would have been just the Solo that he was looking for. Just as Tom Hanks was just right for Jim Lovell, or Daniel Bruhl as Niki Lauda. You bought into them right away. You just don't get that with Alden Ehrenreich.

Will I get Solo on DVD, mmmmmm, I don't know. It's not like my Star Wars collection would be incomplete without it. I don't own any of the prequels.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Is it weird that I’m contemplating getting this for everything but the head sculpt...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not at all. I would do the same, if I wasn't more interested in the "Mud Trooper" sets. Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
I liked the movie, but not enough to buy this figure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:I liked the movie, but not enough to buy this figure.

Well, I wasn't going to use it as Han Solo the younger, but as a made-up random space pirate. Everything in this set is cool, I just don't care for the head sculpt.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Blogger pics:

Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 46870c10
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 749a6d10
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 596f5a10
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2e9ba310
Han - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY HAN SOLO (TWO VERSIONS) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 0b11b510

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The pics are excellent (love the use of the only two figures based on this film, as well as the Solo and alter Solo/impostor photos), and I think the figure came out very well. If only they were that good at portraying the original Solo. Smile I'll be getting the "mud trooper" version -- for the uniform, etc, not the character.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum