OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Female Bash/Accessories] Katie's fashion photo shoot (leather purse ad)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Fox915

Fox915
I recently tried making a simple leather purse for one of my girls. At first I wasn't going post it, but with some encouragement/assurance (thanks DFC  Smile), I decided to go ahead and finish it. I'm attempting to make it look like a fashion photo shoot or a fashion magazine.

Here's Katie advertising her new purse (I've also made the logo/emblem to make the purse look more authentic).
accessories - [Female Bash/Accessories] Katie's fashion photo shoot (leather purse ad) 27490765497_d13cf46f2f_h
My attempt for a mock magazine cover with some bogus articles.

accessories - [Female Bash/Accessories] Katie's fashion photo shoot (leather purse ad) 42360584591_4c84d26a7f_h
Full body shot showing how it would match the outfit.

accessories - [Female Bash/Accessories] Katie's fashion photo shoot (leather purse ad) 40553326600_db4c1eea7c_h
A closer more detailed shot.

WIP:
The purse consists of four pieces of leather, it is painted and very lightly weathered to get the texture to show a bit. Then I've added magnets under the latch so it can close. Then everything is stitched together, the emblem was added later.
accessories - [Female Bash/Accessories] Katie's fashion photo shoot (leather purse ad) UA7H75w

#female #bash #custom #casual #accessories

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Excellent work! I love the quality!
I just watched a comedienne do 20 minutes on that type of purse being the "first date " purse.
DFC must be glad she is single! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great work! I am glad you posted it. I know how difficult it can be working with leather in that scale on an object this small (when I did the saddlebags for my Terminator Harley I cheated and used glue, if memory serves), so this is truly impressive. And you've done a great job with the presentation.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. I wonder if the color of the belt matched the purse, if it would look even more uniform (or is that too uniform; I'm not much of a fashion guy -- most of my wardrobe consists of jeans and T-shirts).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

accessories - [Female Bash/Accessories] Katie's fashion photo shoot (leather purse ad) C8485110

Fox915

Fox915
Pontiacivan wrote:Excellent work! I love the quality!
I just watched a comedienne do 20 minutes on that type of purse being the "first date " purse.
DFC must be glad she is single! Very Happy

Thank you Pontiacivan, I'm sorry I don't quite get the term/reference, I'm a bit of a dullard.

GubernatorFan wrote:Great work! I am glad you posted it. I know how difficult it can be working with leather in that scale on an object this small (when I did the saddlebags for my Terminator Harley I cheated and used glue, if memory serves), so this is truly impressive. And you've done a great job with the presentation.

Thank you Gubernator, I'm glad you liked the presentation. I think you've done a really fantastic job on your saddlebags. My design is rather simple compared to yours, otherwise I would have to go with glue as well.

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool. I wonder if the color of the belt matched the purse, if it would look even more uniform (or is that too uniform; I'm not much of a fashion guy -- most of my wardrobe consists of jeans and T-shirts).

Thank you Stryker for pointing that out, I think I was too focused on how I wanted it to turn out, I overlooked whether or not they should match. I'm not much of a fashion guy as well, so I"m not entirely sure.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
What purse?

I apologize.  I didn't notice/see a purse.

BAZONGAS!

Wink Razz

Nice set up and thank you for posting/sharing.

Very Happy

Fox915

Fox915
DeltaForceChung wrote:What purse?

I apologize.  I didn't notice/see a purse.

BAZONGAS!

Wink Razz

Nice set up and thank you for posting/sharing.

Very Happy

accessories - [Female Bash/Accessories] Katie's fashion photo shoot (leather purse ad) UKIOIip

Hehe...I love your sense of humor DFC Razz

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Very nice,

Which HS is that, it's one of the nicer ones I've seen. Oh and the body, which is it?

CHEERS!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed great work on the leather purse and the Lady looks extremely nice too!

MarkEl

Nice leatherwork. It's scaled very well in terms of both size and leather weight. Impressed by the stitching!

Fox915

Fox915
Rogerbee wrote:Very nice,

Which HS is that, it's one of the nicer ones I've seen. Oh and the body, which is it?

CHEERS!

Thank you Roger, its the Kimi Toys KT007 + the S21B  Smile

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed great work on the leather purse and the Lady looks extremely nice too!

Thank you Bad Wolf, much appreciated Smile

MarkEl wrote:Nice leatherwork.  It's scaled very well in terms of both size and leather weight.  Impressed by the stitching!

Thank you Mark, I really appreciate it Smile

blackpool

blackpool
very nice accessory, and very well executed, it definitely adds a realistic touch! Very nice pics as well, I love that quiet light and colors Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

CHEERS!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Leatherwork ! The Figure an the Style of Photographie is Excellent. So clear and scarp

Fox915

Fox915
Rogerbee wrote:Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

CHEERS!

Gladly  Smile

blackpool wrote:very nice accessory, and very well executed, it definitely adds a realistic touch! Very nice pics as well, I love that quiet light and colors Smile

Ephiane wrote:Great Leatherwork ! The Figure an the Style of Photographie is Excellent. So clear and scarp

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I try to keep it simple, with just one light source and plain background.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn, that came out great! Beautiful leather work. And the photos really do have a great fashion magazine quality. I dig it.

dadrab

dadrab
Excellent looking purse. The top stitching makes it and was a damn fine idea.

Fox915

Fox915
ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn, that came out great!  Beautiful leather work.  And the photos really do have a great fashion magazine quality.  I dig it.  

dadrab wrote:Excellent looking purse. The top stitching makes it and was a damn fine idea.

Gee... Thank you guys, I really appreciate it, and I've still got a lot to learn. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum